PDA

View Full Version : escaping strands at nape of neck

brunetka
March 17th, 2011, 05:36 PM
My hairline at the nape of my neck is uneven and shaped like an upside down U with one side being a bit lower than the other. The strands of hair at either end in this little arch are also shorter than the majority my hair but not super short either. When ever I pull my hair up into a bun, one or both of these little strands will escape from the rest of the hair while I'm twisting and will then end up hanging down separate from the bun and looking stupid. I'd love to be able to get my hair up with just one clip/stick and not need to pin these rebellious little bits. :p

Anyone else have these? Do they ever catch up with the rest of the length?

vamq
March 17th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I still have this, and my hair is a little longer than hiplength, but I used to have more escaping hairs, so I think it does get better:)

I just use a tiny clawclip to get these hairs out of my way. For me, that works better than a bobbypin.

selderon
March 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM
What frustrates you might be quite attractive to others. The escaping hair could soften the look without turning messy. Pics?

torrilin
March 17th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I've usually got quite a lot of escaping tendrils, depending on exactly how I put up my hair. Tendrils at my temples, tendrils at my brow, tendrils at the back of my neck... I just live with it. My hair is fine and slippery, and it's not realistic to try and keep every last inch perfectly disciplined. If I try, it'll start spitting bobby pins and barrettes.

It's not worth worrying over. You're never going to win all the arguments with your hair.

danacc
March 17th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I've got "wispies" all around my hairline, and they have a mind of their own. I just let them do their thing. I like the casual look better than the every-hair-slicked-down-and-in-its-place look on me. They do add a softening effect when my hair is up.

brunetka
March 18th, 2011, 09:48 AM
What frustrates you might be quite attractive to others. The escaping hair could soften the look without turning messy. Pics?

you know, I'd like the look if they were shorter and/or wavier strands, but they are almost perfectly straight and a good 5 inches long :(