PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of permanent hair dye?

IStand4u
March 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM
So, I've had my hair dyed for the last few months, 3 I believe... and it's a permanent color (red for dark hair), it's Garnier Nutrisse Intense Red for dark hair in Merlot (RR6 I believe)... well I'm tired of it now... mostly because I don't wan't to keep re-doing the roots because that costs money and I'm lazy :D

So, I was wondering, what is the best way to get rid of permanent hair dye???

TIA! :D

P.S. I'm open to natural ways to remove it and preferably a trip to the salon be the last resort type thing... thanks.:cheese:

Unofficial_Rose
March 17th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I'd try an overnight prewash treatment by coating it in olive oil. Not only does it lift out permanent chemical dye that has become too dark, it also is good for your hair. :)

et--cetera
March 17th, 2011, 02:32 PM
you could always try color oops but usually red washes out pretty quickly, so just wash your hair a bunch?

Firefox7275
March 17th, 2011, 02:43 PM
If it's a permanent dye you can't remove it only fade it, bleach it or colour over the top. :(

Depends how much condition you are willing to sacrifice to get hair the same colour as your roots. Reds don't like water and they don't like harsh shampoos because the colour molecule is large, so they do tend to fade. If that doesn't work you can try a colour remover product, if that doesn't work you will have the cost of a salon job. Don't use coconut oil as that *may* help hold the colour in.

If you bleach at home you risk orange tints or melted hair so I wouldn't go there personally. You could apply a semi permanent at home but that's more hassle than doing your roots TBH as you need to avoid dyeing skin. Not really sure why you are finding doing your roots an effort and that is coming from the laziest tyke to ever walk the earth!! :p Mine costs £3.50 ($5) every six weeks so the cost is minimal. Is there some convoluted multi-step process to the Nutrisse?