PDA

View Full Version : My 1 Year Anniversary

Purdy Bear
March 17th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I cant believe its been only a year, its like Iv been a member for a lot longer; Iv learnt so much in such a short time.

This time last year I was inspired to become a member by Torrin Paige's videos on You Tube.

At that point in time I had Alopecia Univarlis - total body hair loss for about 6 years with no sign of any regrowth at all. The Alopecia forums are sooooooooo depressing, here its totally different, a light heartened, beautiful place.

This year there has been a small difference. I now have some hair regrowth on my scalp - little fine white hairs. Iv had eyelash and eyebrow regrowth but they have just fallen out again. My scalp is itching like mad and is somewhat red, so its either going to fall out again or its a regrowth spurt.

I now know more about nutrition and my Dr agrees a lot of my problems may be caused by my restricted diet due to Leaky Gut Syndrome.

Im not sure what my hair growth would have been in a year, I supposed I would have got to chin length by now. Iv been thinking of doing a imaginery hair growth chart, with where my hair would be.

One thing which I found surprising was that Im rather good at updos on my hairdressers styling head (a brunette with 18 inch real hair). Iv got 99 other peoples hair style instructions in one book and 276 so far logged of my own (with lots more in the planning stage).

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/PurdyAngelicBear/021.jpg

Another thing is that Iv have a huge fishing tackle box full of hair toys. Iv found they are such beautiful artistic things to look at and play with on the styling head (I must name her at some point in time).

Its not all been easy, but its getting there. I just need to build up my courage to try new things - not easy with LGS as I can get allergic reactions to just about anything wether I am allergic or not.

I have three hair journals full to the brim with information, along with pictures of people (with good hair) stuck all over them and articles glued inside.

My pleasures are watching everyone elses progress, especially those brunette curlies as I would have been.

I will continue to hope that the USA (who seem to be doing the best work) can come up with some good medicines based on their genetic research. It may take years to come to us here in the Uk, but it is worth the wait.

Me as a child with hair (straightened by combing when wet):
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/PurdyAngelicBear/photo1copy3Copy31.jpg

Me as an adult
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/PurdyAngelicBear/033.jpg

PS: I do have wigs to try out, but need to overcome the horrendous itching.

ericthegreat
March 17th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Congratulations on your one year anniversary. I'm so sorry about your state of health, I do give you my best wishes that you are able to find an adequate treatment for your condition and that you will one day be able to fully re-grow your hair again. :) On a side note, that is a very nice updo you did on that mannequin, I like all the loops and how you arranged them all. :)

Lisa R
March 17th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Yay! One year anniversary:) I'm so glad you have found LHC to be an encouraging place to be. It looks like you do a great job doing hair styles. I hope your itchy scalp clears up soon.

x0h_bother
March 17th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Happy one year! I'm sorry you are going through this, but you sound happy despite! Glad you are here :blossom:

spitfire511
March 17th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Totally agreed with ericthegreat - love the updo on the head!

Your attitude and grace are inspiring and congrats on your one year anniversary!

Marjolein
March 17th, 2011, 06:22 AM
What a wonderful post to read! I admire your positive outlook, something I can surely learn from. And you have some awesome updo skills! I wish I had those. Hopefully things will get a bit better for you soon. It would be nice if you could grow some of your own hair back.

NouvelleNymphe2
March 17th, 2011, 06:23 AM
:flowers: Happy 1 year! I know what you mean about feeling like it's been longer because you have learned a ton. It's only my 4th month, and everything about how I care for my hair has changed. Congrats!

PeacenQuietGal
March 17th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Happy Aniversary Purdy Bear! You are such an inspiring member of LHC. I just love positive people such as yourself! I will pray that you have healing of your scalp and to restore your hair.

Thank you for sharing your pretty do's!!

:puppykisses:

krissykins
March 17th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Purdy Bear, you got skillz! I love that first updo :D

Congrats :flower: here's to many more years at LHC!

Firefox7275
March 17th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Awesome updo, hope I can eventually get half so skilled! :cool: And congrats on your anniversary, I hope your hair will grow faster and faster year on year.

skaempfer
March 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM
oh my goodness! You are a dab hand with the updos!
Congrats on your anniversary and all the best for your health.
:cheese:

jackiesjottings
March 17th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Congratulations on your first anniversary here :)) It is a lovely friendly place to be isn't it? I find your posts and your positivity very inspiring :) I hope one of the new treatments being developed might work for you too. *hugs*

littlenvy
March 17th, 2011, 09:35 AM
:) Happy One Year!! Very happy to have you on board. :)

Fufu
March 17th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Happy 1 year anniversary, love the updo you did, you are really really good in it :)

tigr
March 19th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Happy anniversary Purdy Bear!

I now have some hair regrowth on my scalpThis is wonderful news! I hope they don't fall out. I hate it when effective treatment for one problem causes other problems.

Kathie
March 20th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Happy anniversary! You’ve certainly got some skill with in comes to updos. I hope the coming year will continue to bring great things :flower:

lindaton
March 20th, 2011, 01:37 AM
WOW! Congratulations. You are one special lady.

Linda

jeanniet
March 20th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! :) I'm glad that you find this a friendly and comforting place to be, and I must say that I'm jealous of your updo skills. I hope that someday you'll be able to reach your goal length and do those updos on your own beautiful hair.

Debra83
March 20th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary!!!!

Big Hug to you! I hope and pray that next year, your hair will be down to chin length for you, and that your health is 100% improved. You are truly an inspiration.

Nera
March 20th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Congrats! I'm happy for you that you found LHC. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a growth spurt again!