PDA

View Full Version : 1 year+ anniversary pics and can it be a tad bit tailbone?

SHELIAANN1969
June 12th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Ok, here is a pic from the beginning of June 2007
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/SHELIAANN1969/Dry_and_Finger_Combed-1.jpg

Here is a pic of May 3rd 2008
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/SHELIAANN1969/aprilshelia004.jpg

And here is my "official" 1 year pics
hand on hips stance
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/SHELIAANN1969/June82008.jpg

Is it a bit tailbone? Just the longest parts?
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/SHELIAANN1969/Isthislilbittailbone.jpg

Stretching to show the longest
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/SHELIAANN1969/Canitbetailbonethistadbit.jpg

A closer look
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/SHELIAANN1969/Closerlook.jpg

hurricane_gia
June 12th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Lookin' good! I love those curls!!

Seems like "can I call this tailbone?" to me. If it were my hair, I'd go another half inch before I felt confident of tailbone-ness. But then, I tend towards overkill.

EvaSimone
June 12th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Wow I love your hair, the color and the curls!!

It grows very quick, between you and squiggy flop I am jealous!!

I think I would probably call it tailbone or can I call this tailbone?

I don't know it's hard to tell but either way you have grown quite a bit.

SHELIAANN1969
June 12th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I think it's going to be awhile before it's "actually, officially, positively tailbone, but I was really surprised when I measured my hair today and it was 34.5 inches dry, just about a month and a hlf ago I measured and it was stalled at 33", My bf said the smallest bits could be almost 35 inches but I can't cheat myself.

My hair has grown a lot, and I haven't cut it since right before I came to TLHC, I am surprised at the little amout of splits I have and I am really lazy about s&d'ing.

Thanks HC, I "found" my curls when i stopped combing and brushing all the time, although I did comb out for these new pics.

LadyMoon11
June 12th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Wow- lovely! You have had wonderful progress.
I think it is very close to TB. I cannot tell precisely, but even so, you are close to TB and have had great growth- your hair is stunning.

In the last few pics, your vivid red hair against the bright pink shirt is making this wicked cool glow. I like it.:magic:

manderly
June 13th, 2008, 04:21 AM
You've just got gallons of big curly hair! Gorgeous!

I'm sure you're tailbone when wet, and juuuuuuuuuuuuuust shy when your hair shrinks from your curls. I think you can call it TB on a technicality ;)

Cantabile
June 13th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Oh, wow! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! The curls!

Your hair seems to be somewhere between TB and Hip. Some of it resting at hip, some of it in the middle region between the two, and some at TB. Up to you what to label it as. :laugh:

Is it a trick of the camera, or are your ends glowingly red? Looks very cool! :inlove:

TammySue
June 13th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Beautiful color and curls! I think you are very very close to tailbone so I would call it tailbone length! :)

morgwn
June 13th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Gorgeous thick curls! :) Your hair does grow really fast, Sheli! I would say you can get that by as TB because we wurly-curlies have different lengths every day and some days you may have your hair touch your tailbone and other days you might not. But if it can brush your TB, then so be it. :)

SHELIAANN1969
June 13th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Wow- lovely! You have had wonderful progress.
I think it is very close to TB. I cannot tell precisely, but even so, you are close to TB and have had great growth- your hair is stunning.

In the last few pics, your vivid red hair against the bright pink shirt is making this wicked cool glow. I like it.:magic:

Oh, wow! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! The curls!

Your hair seems to be somewhere between TB and Hip. Some of it resting at hip, some of it in the middle region between the two, and some at TB. Up to you what to label it as. :laugh:

Is it a trick of the camera, or are your ends glowingly red? Looks very cool! :inlove:

I am soooooooo observant....I didn't even notice the "glowing" I am pretty sure it's the flash, either that, or I am radioactive! :eyebrows:

I have to admit, I am way happy with my hair, my hair has never ever in my life been this long, I have never allowed it to grow past my shoulders, I stopped hacking it off around 6 1/2 years ago and used to get 'big trims" but I quit that right before I came to TLHC.

Thanks for all the lovely replies, I am so pleased. Quoting a friend of mine ---- "I am so happy I could vomit rainbows" :D hahaha :cheese:

FrannyG
June 13th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Beautiful hair, beautiful colour, and beautiful waves. :cloud9: I think you're at "can I call this tailbone?". Congratulations on a wonderful year of growth! :flowers:

Chrissy
June 13th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Your hair is simply stunning. I love love the curls!! Of course since I'm a straighty I long for those kinds of curls. We all want what we don't have, right? The color is beautiful. Congratulations on a great year of awesome growth!!!

bex487
June 13th, 2008, 07:38 AM
You have the most beautiful curly hair I've ever seen! The curls at the end are just gorgeous. Congratulations on the hair growth!

DecafJane
June 13th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Wow, your hair looks gorgeous! Congratulations on the growth!!! :D

Curlsgirl
June 13th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Oh my!!!!! :thud: beautiful beautiful hair and I would call it tailbone for sure! That is so hard for a curly!!! Great job growing!!! :love:

Jason
June 13th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Wow, your hair is the picture of health! I love how thick your awesome waves are right to the ends.

Liluri
June 13th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary, your hair is lovely.

China Cat Sunflower
June 13th, 2008, 07:54 AM
your hair looks gorgeous :)

harley mama
June 13th, 2008, 08:01 AM
You have achieved some good growth in one year. Your hair looks amazing.
I'd say you are very close to TB. Congrats!

Siava
June 13th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Beauitful curls!! Just lovely.

paper
June 13th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Your hair looks beautiful! Thats alot of growth in a yr.

Congrats on your anniversary :flower:

lora410
June 13th, 2008, 09:19 AM
look TB to me, and you have the most beautiful loose curls that I would die for :)

jojo
June 13th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Cor! your hair grows like wild fire, id say you was TB length, hope mine gets that long, it looks really thick and healthy too!

spidermom
June 13th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Lovely hair - the shine, the color, the curl. The definition of tailbone I was given is "top of vertical smile." You are the only one among us who can know if it's there or not.

teeleigh
June 13th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I can't really tell if you are exactly at tailbone, but I had to reply to say your hair is amazingly gorgeous!
It seems like your hair grows fast so even if you're not quite there yet you probably will be in a month or so!

jojo
June 13th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Lovely hair - the shine, the color, the curl. The definition of tailbone I was given is "top of vertical smile." You are the only one among us who can know if it's there or not.

not wanting to sound thick but what is this? do you mean bum?

Molster
June 13th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Errrrr I know where you're coming from on this, jojo - in my neck of the woods the 'vertical smile' is round the front... Perhaps it's different Stateside. Like the whole bum=dosser thing etc.

I think tailbone is the top of your butt-cheek-join.

Fantastic growth, colour, curl and shine there, SHEILAANN1969! Beautiful!

Lamb
June 13th, 2008, 11:30 AM
:thud: Beautiful hair. Just amazing!

Islandgrrl
June 13th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Happy, Happy Anniversary, Sheilaann! What a hair transformation you have had! I really am blown away by what you've achieved in a year and want all your hair secrets! Oh wait, maybe I just want your hair!!!! Simply amazing!

Loreyanne_H
June 13th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Happy anniversary!!! I love your locks!

spidermom
June 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM
not wanting to sound thick but what is this? do you mean bum?

Oops...sorry. Top of that cleft that goes between your rear-end cheeks.

Euphony
June 13th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Oh so pretty! I noticed your new siggy and almost started a thread, but then saw this one. Your hair has grown so much, and your lovely 2c/3a-ness is gorgeous!

Garnett
June 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM
woah, that's gorgeous! LHC has really brought out those curls, hasn't it. Congrats!

SweetPea88
June 13th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Wow! Your hair looks really great! :)

SHELIAANN1969
June 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks everyone for all the lovely compliments, of course you all know I wasn't REALLY fishing for them :D

I am amazed at my own hair, when I saw it in the pic I was like ...hmmmmmm, wow, is that really on my head? lol

I am thankful for TLHC, it's been a real eye opener.

I don't really do anything special, just stopped shampooing daily, mostly using non-sulphates and wash only every 5 days or so.

I CO like a mad woman, oil and moisturize a couple times daily. I stopped the constant brushing/ combing as well, that is when I discovered my curls.

I don't cut or trim, I now henna (I have henna'd 4 times I think, in the past year and I keep my hair up most of the time. That's about it, simple routine LHC stuff!

I appreciate every persons input on the boards that have gotten me to this point, I love my hair! And I love cheeeeeese :cheese:

Thanks everyone!!

jojo
June 13th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Errrrr I know where you're coming from on this, jojo - in my neck of the woods the 'vertical smile' is round the front... Perhaps it's different Stateside. Like the whole bum=dosser thing etc.

I think tailbone is the top of your butt-cheek-join.

Fantastic growth, colour, curl and shine there, SHEILAANN1969! Beautiful! thanks yeah same here, thanks maybe it s were the bum cheeks start mines more like a frown than a smile these days though!

jojo
June 13th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Oops...sorry. Top of that cleft that goes between your rear-end cheeks.

AH the boney bit, i got you thanks for getting back to me:o

DarkChocolate
June 13th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Very nice growth:)
I love the red color and curls too:)

WritingPrincess
June 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM
What beautiful curls! They're exactly the kind I would want if I had curly hair. I love the color of your hair as well, and I think you could definitely call it tailbone. I did when mine was that length, although I don't have layers.

Sana
June 13th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Wow shelliann, your hair has certainly grown a lot & it's so beautiful & I have to say that you have got the most amazing shade of red from the henna!!

Paniscus
June 13th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Yowzers! Nice growth! And I agree, those are pretty curls you've got there! Looks like tailbone to me...or if not, it's darn-near-close-to-it!

tiny_teesha
June 13th, 2008, 08:40 PM
ooo WOW WOW WOW!!! Amazing progress!!!!! And wow your hair grows FAST!

Joliebaby
June 14th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Wonderful head of hair you got there! Great color and curls.. and tailboneish, I'd say! If it was straight it'd be past TB probably, am I right?

cindy58
June 14th, 2008, 07:03 AM
You've had some wonderful growth and your hair is stunning!

girlcat36
June 14th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Your hair is GORGEOUS, and what amazing growth you have had in just 1 year! You must be drinking Miracle-Gro!

Haith
June 14th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I can't believe how quickly your hair has grown! And the colour is gorgeous.

Chamomilemaiden
June 14th, 2008, 09:11 AM
WOW, is that possible? Such growth? What are you doing? :)
I think you could be tailbone or almost tailbone. My longest hairs when stretched are at tailbone at 34.5 so why not :cheer:

Peggy E.
June 14th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Wow - Your hair is just gorgeous!! I'm always bowled over to see these "anniversary" pics and how big a difference a year can make in the healthy growth of members' hair.

Looks "tailbone" to me! ;o) Keep up the good work - it's obviously working well for you!

Patrycja
June 14th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I have no advice about the whole tailbone thing but I do have a few smileys to add to your thread:

:thudpile: :thud: :agape:

I absolutely love your hair and that beyond awesome shine.

brok3nwings
June 14th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I think your hair has grown a LOT! i wish my hair grew that fast... And...you have a gourgeous Hair! Colour! Curls!! It really is very beautiful :)

psvzum
June 14th, 2008, 07:43 PM
What beautiful hair you have! The color is gorgeous and it's soooooo shiney!!!

squiggyflop
June 21st, 2008, 07:30 PM
It grows very quick, between you and squiggy flop I am jealous!!.
my growth is nothing compared to SHELIAANN1969

(though i was happy to hear thet you are jealous of my growth)

i mean WOW! thats alot of growth.. and i thought mine was fast for going from shoulder to waist in 7 months.. SHELIAANN1969 i think we can give that medal of honor/jealousy to you..
you didnt mention trims.. i unfortunatly had to trim off 4 inches.. i like the way your hem line looks.. since you didnt say that you trimmed im going to assume that you didnt.. so thats an extra congrats on having such healthy looking ends without trimming.. :flowers:

Poolsoflaughter
June 21st, 2008, 07:38 PM
Congrats, and wow! Your one-year progress blows me away...(jealous) :D

Fireweed
June 21st, 2008, 07:40 PM
Lovely head of hair. I just love the colour and shine. It looks so healthy.

Rustella
June 21st, 2008, 07:50 PM
I have admired your hair since I found this place. It gets more lovely all the time. :flower:

NightingaleLHC
June 21st, 2008, 08:21 PM
your hair looks to be in really nice condition! so shiny and soft!

katiana
June 21st, 2008, 11:44 PM
Your hair is just sooo lovely! I really admire how beautiful it looks..the color the curls..wow!

coppercurls
June 22nd, 2008, 12:28 AM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am 1/2 an inch longer than you & I am calling it TB. Congratulations on your growth. Your curls & shine are just amazing.;)

Poppy Seed
June 22nd, 2008, 01:57 AM
Thanks for all the lovely replies, I am so pleased. Quoting a friend of mine ---- "I am so happy I could vomit rainbows" :D hahaha :cheese:

I love the idea of 'vomiting rainbows of happiness'!

Hard to tell exactly whether it's tailbone or not, due to your hemline: some is, some is not tailbone. Probably the longest bits are when wet or stretched out.

Either way in just one year you've had amazing progress, and I just love the flame red colour you have!

DrkAngel
June 22nd, 2008, 05:34 AM
WOW. either your hair grows super fast or mine grows at a snail's pace. (or maybe both now that I think of it). Your curls are gorgeous! And I love love love the color (I mean it!!) :)

DarkChocolate
June 23rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Looking good:)
I love your color and you are lucky that you hair grows together:)
I am jealous of your curls. With soft curls like that you probally don't have a bad hair day:)
I always wanted curly hair when I was younger.

Xandergrammy
June 23rd, 2008, 01:00 PM
My vote is that if you yank on those beautiful curls, it'll be tailbone! No matter where it officially hits, your hair is gorgeous!!

Garnet66
June 23rd, 2008, 04:31 PM
Wow, your hair is so beautiful. I love those curls and the color. Great job growing.

LuXious
June 24th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Goodness me! that's some incredible growth! Beautiful hair!

rymorg2
June 24th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Holy CRAP sheilaann!!!!!! That's a ton of growth! Good for you! Your hair is looking AWESOME!!!!!!!

sexyjacksparrow
June 25th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Great progress! your hair is so pretty as well!!

Kerry xx

dvas
June 25th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Your hair is SO pretty!!!

MissHair
June 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Your hair is GORGEOUSSSSS. Congratulations!

queenjord
August 29th, 2008, 10:30 PM
wow... its like mermaid hair. i love red curly hair.
beeeeauuutiful. and i think, stretched out, its at tailbone

queenjord
August 29th, 2008, 10:30 PM
yours is just about the length of mine too! im pretty tall though, so im not at tailbone yet

Morag
August 29th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Great work, Twin! You are an inspiration!

:joy:

SHELIAANN1969
August 29th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Oh my, this came out of hibernation!! Thanks Morag, I hope yours grows as well as mine :)

winter_star
August 30th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Ohhh wow, such pretty curls and colour. Nice growth too. Congratulations for making tailbone length! :cheese: