PDA

View Full Version : How to have thick hair?

Amraann
March 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM
This is a question for a friend.

What helps (if anything) thicken hair?
My friend does not even mind if it just "looks" thicker.

Suggestions appreciated!

bumblebums
March 16th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Henna...

Also, not brushing it, especially if it's fine hair.

kwaniesiam
March 16th, 2011, 11:51 AM
What is their hair type, length, and current wash routine? I can offer many suggestions but I need some more basic info first as to where to go off of :)

Cassia can offer some bulky, as can a ton of products out there. It depends on what they're willing to use and how they care for their hair.

krissykins
March 16th, 2011, 12:07 PM
A sock bun can make hair look thicker :D

enfys
March 16th, 2011, 12:12 PM
You can't physically thicken it more than the folicle density will allow, and you can't change say from an f to c without meddling more than hair alone is worth (contraceptives etc have affected texture in some people)

Keeping my hair as light as possible at the roots, with no leave ins from the ears up stops my fine hair going flat and looking thin. I use a volumising shampoo sometimes too, and that even boosts my heavy hair!

I'm giving my experiences just because many people confuse fine and thin; fine hair can look thin because it lays flatter but it can actually be thick.

xoxophelia
March 16th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Braid waves from two french braids or more. My hair looks super thick when I take them out after braiding them on damp hair and leaving them in over night.

Amraann
March 16th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Contraceptive is not something she takes as she is well past that stage of life.
I left her a message asking her hair type and will post here once she replies.

Thanks!

christine1989
March 16th, 2011, 01:39 PM
To actually get thicker hair castor oil has worked well for me but for it to just look thicker I like to damp bun it for the night, let it dry then brush it out in the morning. It may give fine, shorter hair a bit of a fro but for long or coarse hair it works well.

CarpeDM
March 16th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I second the braid waves. After I wash my hair at night I divide my hair into several sections, I then braid, put the braids up under my sleep cap and in the morning when I take out my braids my hair looks almost twice as thick, plus I have these amazing waves.

Fufu
March 17th, 2011, 12:42 AM
If it just looks thicker,

Braid waves and bun waves works :)

For long term, can try applying castor oil on scalp and hair.