PDA

View Full Version : Back to Short Blonde Pixie!

HairFaerie
March 16th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I haven't been on here in a while. Last month I was tossing around the idea of going back to the blonde pixie.

Well, I did it!

I have no regrets. I love it!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7453&pictureid=98354

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7453&pictureid=98355

Since these were taken, the toner has faded a little so the color is lighter now. I did bleach my hair first and then experimented with toners over a period of a month until I found this one that I like.

Like I said, I really love it and I am so much more happier with it.
I do plan on growing it out again, but these are some things I learned from the last time and also some things I learned about myself that should help me get through the awkward stages of growing out:

I am not going to adhere to the "absolutely no cutting" rule. I plan to have it trimmed and styled every so often to keep the ends healthy and more importantly, to have a "style" as it is growing out. I think that is something that dragged me down last time is the point at shoulder where it just seemed like it was "hanging there" and looked so BLAH! If I get it trimmed and styled a few times during that stage, that may help me through it.

Oil, oil, oil! The special oil that I concocted definitely helped growth and overall health of my hair. I am continuing to use that.

Supplements. B vitamins, silica, biotin and specific vitamins for hair growth/health will be a daily habit.

I plan to stop smoking. Not just for hair growth but for my overall health!

No obsessing over the growth. I know it will grow. It will take time. More importantly for me is to feel good about it as it happens. The last time I got so wrapped up in how much it was growing each month that it started to stress me out. That didn't feel good. Also, not wanting to lose length, I rarely trimmed it. That lead to feeling "blah" about it which in turn was stressful.

So, there you have it. I am back to square one, but this time around I am looking forward to low stress, low worries plan for growing out again!

vanity_acefake
March 16th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Your new hair looks lovely. Am so glad you are happy.
:)

alwayssmiling
March 16th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Oh wow! You did it! It looks lovely (especially the colour - very nice). I'm glad you are happyy with it, you look happy in the pics. I envy you starting afresh, doing everything right from the start with all the things you have learnt. I will watch you grow with interest! Good for you!

Edit: good luck with stopping smoking too.

oktobergoud
March 16th, 2011, 12:26 PM
It looks great now! :) Short hair suits you well :)

Maddy25
March 16th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I really like that colour on you :) Your eyes look so bright!

BrightEyes7
March 16th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Looks great. Whatever makes you happy is best. Now you have experience on your side for the next grow-out.

And WOO-HOO to quitting smoking!

share801
March 16th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Looks great!

Now, I know this is a long hair board, but I think first of all it is a "love-your-hair" board, and it seems like you are happier now.

CarpeDM
March 16th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Congratulations! And I am so thrilled to hear that you are going to quit smoking, good luck!

spidermom
March 16th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Good for you! That's a nice, natural-looking color.

I did the same as you plan, got a lot of trims as my hair grew. So what if it took me 10 years to get to goal? I didn't like straggly, uneven ends, and a lot of times it looked to me like I had more hair after a trim than before because it had more of a solid presence rather than tapering out to nothing.

Firefox7275
March 16th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Your haircut really brings out your eyes! :) It's only terrible for someone to get a pixie if they feel regretful, but you are happy. Seems to me LHC is about enjoying your hair not just growing your hair. :D

shawty
March 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Great decision!
And as an aside i LOVE your makeup in those pics. It compliments your eyes!

HairFaerie
March 16th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

Fufu
March 17th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Whoa, blonde pixie looks great :)

mrs_coffee
March 17th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Very cute. Not worrying about rules this time around is a good idea. Whenever I try to impose some sort of rule on myself I end up wanting to rebel. It's just my nature.