PDA

View Full Version : CO and scalp oil adjustment?

whiteisle
June 12th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Since before and after getting my hair chopped off in Dec. I've pretty much been shampooing and conditioning every day.

Since finding LHC I've tried to CO every day instead. Will this make my scalp change it's production of oil (hopefully less!) or is CO every day basically the same as S&C?

As my hair gets longer I'd love to be able to stretch my washings but I was just wondering if I'm making a good start to slowing down my oil production by doing CO.

Riot Crrl
June 12th, 2008, 08:21 PM
For me personally it did slow it down, way. I've used shampoo twice since January and each time it was greasy within 24 hours. Which it normally doesn't do anymore with CO.

I do only do it every 2-3 days though, as far as actually scrubbing the conditioner as I would with shampoo. I rinse my head with water and condition my hair pretty much daily, but only scrub every 2-3 days.

whiteisle
June 12th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Cool - I never thought about limiting the scrubing part. I was actually thinking this morning as I was washing it, "I shouldn't have to put too much effort into this.....I just did it yesterday! It can't be THAT dirty!" lol

I think I'll try that idea. Thanks!:D

Riot Crrl
June 12th, 2008, 08:35 PM
When I used to SC I did the same thing then too. I rinsed my hair and scalp with water every day, and added more conditioner. I only shampooed every 2-3 days.

EvaSimone
June 12th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I agree with riot curl when I co, my hair doesn't become as greasy as quickly as when I shampoo. My scalp's oil production has rapidly changed since I started here in June 07 I am able to stretch washes 2-3 days (it took quite a while and was a bit of an adjustment) but now I rarely feel the need to S & C every day or CO every day as I used to feel.

So I think you will probably have similar results and that CO is a good way to start stretching washes. It's a hard adjustment when you are really used to washing your hair everyday because it's "dirty".

Even when I stretch my washes 3 days I will rinse my hair and condition the ends because they will get dry.