PDA

View Full Version : Shed comparison pics

lynnala
March 16th, 2011, 02:16 AM
I seem to be shedding more hair lately which may be because of some new meds. But it occurred to me that I really have no idea how much I'm shedding in terms of numbers (and I'm way too impatient to count!). So I wondered if any of you shed "counters" have pictures of your sheds with a visual comparison, like a quarter for instance? And an approximate number too? I'm hoping for a visual so I can compare my "shed balls" and figure out approximately how many hairs are there. Does this make sense? (okay, yes I'm lazy and hoping someone else has done all the work! :o)

Iylivarae
March 16th, 2011, 03:43 AM
No, I count my hairs. I think it's difficult to compare shedding via the size of the shed-balls.

Usually, when I have a SD attack, I rather shed short hairs, so the shed-ball can look very tiny but contain 300+ hairs just after combing in the morning.

On other days, the shed-ball looks quite large, but that is only because it contains lots of long hairs...

Mesmerise
March 16th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Yeah, I think the problem is that people with different length hair and different thickness hair will have different sized shed balls even if there's the same number of strands shed. Unfortunately, I think the only answer is to count your own hairs! I tried this once, but the hairs on the comb were all tangled so I gave up lol.

lynnala
March 16th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Hadn't thought about that, the length and thickness issue. Maybe I'll luck out and a hip-length, 2a/F/i/ii picture-taking shed counter will see this thread.....:D