PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Success...I've Stumbled on a Magic Formula!

1953Diygal
March 15th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Okay, I may have discovered a series of magic potions that, when put together, just might work.

It's a series of overnight treatments that rotate over a period of 3 days.

Day one: Saturate hair with castor oil. After massaging into scalp, put hair in a sleeping cap. Sleep. Wash out the next day with the cleansing product of your choice. Mine is Enjoy Luxury Shampoo. Follow with conditioner of your choice. Mine is Enjoy Luxury Conditioner.

Day two: Monistat or generic equivalent. I use the 7 day 2% Miconozyl Nitrate formula. I take the tube and massage it without diluting into the scalp. I then put it into my satin sleeping cap and retire. I wash and condition the next day.

Day three: Nexxus Emergencee and/or Nexxus Aloxxi Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor. It's a heavy duty protein reconstructor. You put it on wet hair and put a sleeping cap or a net over it and let it dry overnight. The next day, wash and condition. This has been my secret product for years now. It will take damaged, milkweed hair and turn it into "real" hair in no time flat. This is a comment on Amazon about this product:

Nexxus Aloxxi Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor can really save your hair if you're desperately in need of a protein/reconstructing treatment. It is fantastic! I purchased this because it is very similar to the Nexxus Emergencee, only this is the professional formula. It works just like Emergencee but I like that its a much bigger bottle for the price. You get 5x the product for only twice as much money!

Since using the Nexxus reconstructor products my previously over bleached, weak tangling hair has returned to its normal curly self and I will never be without this product again! I've also noticed a significant reduction in the amount of hair I normally lose from brushing or in the shower, my hair just feels thicker in general!

Also, I must say about this product is that it can do wonders for your hair, but only if you use it properly and have realistic expectations. It is a hair Reconstructor and not a deep moisture product so you will need to use a rich moisturizing conditioner after using this product.

I used it on clean, slightly damp hair. After fully saturating my hair with the product, I apply low to medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes. This drys in my hair rock hard!! Thats good because it means it has allowed all the protein ingredients to bond correctly to my hair. When its dryed into my hair I carefully wash it out making sure not to disturb the hardened hair until it is rinsed out fully and then I apply the most mosturizing deep conditioner I have. I let that sit in my hair for 30 mins to an hour then rinse and my hair comes out amazing!!! You will notice a huge difference in the condition of your damaged hair after 2-3 treatments depending on how often you use it. It will just about be back to its previous condition before the damage occured.

I highly recommend this stuff to anyone who needs a reconstructing treatment.

And then there was this comment:

I lost my beautiful, dark, medium-coarse, long hair due to prolonged relaxer overprocessing. For three years I tried every deep conditioner in and on the market. I went to salons and had it "steamed" and processed and all kinds of other things you can imagine. ONE (I repeat ONE) use of this conditioner and my hair came back more beautiful that it had ever been. I bought $300 dollars worth on the spot and have never looked back (except to look at my gorgeous hair in the mirror). From the bottom of my heart, this conditioner is worth every penny you'll spend on it. I promise you.

I've been trying to think of a clever acronym for this series of treatments. Maybe CME (castor, Monistat, Emergencee). I thought CoME might be clever, as in "I just put CoME on my hair." LOL!

At any rate, the castor oil provides heavy duty lubrication and helps encourage new growth. The yeast infection cream provides accelerated growth and the Emergencee provides protein and reconstruction.

I'll post back with results because I'm going to be doing this routine through the rest of March and April.

The foundation of this treatment is also drinking the Republic of Tea Get Growing tea and taking GNC UltraNourishHair vitamins with an extra silica suppliment.

My objective is to grow strong, thick new hair and preserve the growth I have with protein, lubrication, and accelerated growth.

HintOfMint
March 15th, 2011, 11:06 PM
After the third day, do you go back to what you did on day one? Or is there a break?

This is some serious dedication, good for you.

ETA: That is HYSTERICAL about having "CoME" in your hair! HAHAHAHA!

McFearless
March 15th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the tip. I've never used Nexxus products before. My hair was previously flat ironed to death. I've also used chemical dyes. Would a protein treatment help with that?

GrowingGlory
March 15th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Sounds great! You sure are dedicated.

UltraBella
March 15th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Whoa ! I am impressed with your routine ! I don't do much to my hair at all and I honestly try to spend as little time as possible on it. I find washing it to be a pain and procrastinate even !
I am glad it is working for you :)

ericthegreat
March 16th, 2011, 12:04 AM
I'm so happy that you've found a routine that works for you. :cheese: I would however be careful of all that protein you are using. Yes, it does help bind to any damaged spots in your hair, but as you know too much is never a good thing. If your hair ever feels hardened or dry and brittle again, you would very likely then have protein overload. Make sure that the shampoos that you are using are able to clarify your hair if and when you do develop any buildup. :)

Schmoomunitions
March 16th, 2011, 05:38 PM
The nexxus stuff has very good reviews on Amazon too. Does anyone know if you can get it at Sally's?

misstwist
March 16th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Glad you have found something that's working. I know how upset you have been about the damage.

:flowers:

dernhelm
March 16th, 2011, 07:17 PM
:cheese:

I love Nexxus Emergencee! You can get it at Walgreens. I've never heard of their Aloxxi reconstructor, where do you get that?