PDA

View Full Version : Been wondering... opinions please!

furnival
March 15th, 2011, 02:22 PM
If increased blood flow to the scalp promotes faster growth, does standing under a lovely warm shower therefore make hair grow faster?
I like to think it does, anyway. What do you think?

Madora
March 15th, 2011, 03:12 PM
No! All you're doing is wasting water. Hair will not grow faster than your genes allow. No salve, diet, pills or anything else will make it grow faster.

Taking care of it properly and gently will certainly aid is maintaining your hair but nothing will make it grow faster. Growth rate varies from person to person.

furnival
March 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I don't mean standing under a shower just to make your hair grow, I mean when you're in the shower anyway! Feeling that lovely feeling of a watery head massage. I like to think that the circulation boost is stimulating growth- and why not? It makes me happy:D

Kathie
March 15th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Actually, I’ve heard a blast of cold water in the shower is great for increasing circulation. That’s not so relaxing though ;)

Firefox7275
March 15th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Excessive washing is not healthy for skin, it strips away the protective surface layer and natural oils - this has the potential to negatively affect follicles. No doubt what products you use and the innate sensitivity of your skin will play a role.

I can offer no specific research to support this but I suspect good nutrition, regular physical activity and a stress free lifestyle will have far more benefit. That is based on knowing the power of nutrition in particular to prevent, treat and even cure a host of health conditions. In many cases better than prescription medication.

Well you did ask for opinions, and I have plenty of those! ;)

GeoJ
March 15th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Excessive washing is not healthy for skin, it strips away the protective surface layer and natural oils - this has the potential to negatively affect follicles. No doubt what products you use and the innate sensitivity of your skin will play a role.

I can offer no specific research to support this but I suspect good nutrition, regular physical activity and a stress free lifestyle will have far more benefit. That is based on knowing the power of nutrition in particular to prevent, treat and even cure a host of health conditions. In many cases better than prescription medication.

Well you did ask for opinions, and I have plenty of those! ;)

I agree with this. My growth slows down if I am not taking care of myself; eating enough protein and exercising seem to be the most beneficial to me.

BrightEyes7
March 15th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Hot or excessively warm water dries the skin(scalp) out so the hair gets dried out... It doesn't do anything to boost any qualities in your hair at all.

If anything a cold water blast at the end of the shower would help, but only to smooth your hair and create shine by sealing the culticle. Not to increase hair growth.

I'm afraid the only thing that really helps with that is time!