PDA

View Full Version : Kirby Vacuum tried to eat my hair!

lindaton
March 14th, 2011, 05:31 PM
:scared:I was vacuuming and leaned over to move an area rug and when I did my knee length hair was sucked into the power head and wound around the roller. I didn't think I was ever going to find the shut off switch. Pulled about 12" in and wound it around. I should know by now to wear it up when doing house work.

Linda

Mesmerise
March 14th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Ouch!!! Hope your hair (and you!) recovered from that experience! I guess knee length hair is a bit of a hazard while doing everyday household chores...even my not-quite-waist length hair is a challenge when I'm doing stuff!

selderon
March 14th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Gah! I hadn't thought of the vacuum as a power tool, but it sort of is. Power tool rules (except perhaps shoes) apply.

Jenn of Pence
March 14th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Holy cow...that's definitely a heart-stopper! Sounds like it turned out okay, though!

My Kirby ate my hair, but it was stuff already on the carpet...I had to spend 15 minutes cutting it off the roller and shaft on Saturday. :o

Pantsless Amy
March 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM
shudder: I am now officially afraid of my vacuum. Time to delegate that chore to the children

kteachone
March 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM
shudder: I am now officially afraid of my vacuum. Time to delegate that chore to the children

Can I borrow your children? I don't have any and I will pay them well :)

lindaton
March 14th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah Jenn I hate that job and put it off. Everytime I do it it seems there is enough hair around the belt area to send to LOL[if I believed in doing so-which I dont].

BlueMuse
March 15th, 2011, 01:11 AM
I feel your pain. Mine got wrapped around the drive shaft for the belt and I lost a 6 inch chunk. Were you able to get yours all out ok? I certainly hope so.

HairStickler
March 15th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Mine got caught in a fan once. That was a scary moment! I hope your hair is okay.

Slinks
March 15th, 2011, 03:13 AM
:scared:I was vacuuming and leaned over to move an area rug and when I did my knee length hair was sucked into the power head and wound around the roller. I didn't think I was ever going to find the shut off switch. Pulled about 12" in and wound it around. I should know by now to wear it up when doing house work.

Linda

ouch .. wow, that is a nasty experience, hope you remember to wear it up next time ..

Slinks
March 15th, 2011, 03:16 AM
My Kirby ate my hair, but it was stuff already on the carpet...I had to spend 15 minutes cutting it off the roller and shaft on Saturday. :o

lol .. I get that with shoe laces or the rough edges of mats left over from our carpet

GRU
March 15th, 2011, 07:36 AM

Can I borrow your children? I don't have any and I will pay them well :)

My son started vacuuming (with a real but smaller-scale vacuum) when he was 3yo. I have the cutest picture of him vacuuming our old living room carpeting while holding a teddy bear.

He's now 11yo and works for ten bucks a week. :D