PDA

View Full Version : IYO gentle updo?

Kherome
March 14th, 2011, 03:23 PM
In your opinion, which updo is the gentlest updo? I struggle keeping my hair up in most updos. I have a large octoclip that I use most often, then a lightly twisted bun held with a TT, or Milkmaid/Heidi braids.

enfys
March 14th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Gentlest on the hair would be a nautilus for me as it is self supporting enough that I konw it's not dragging down and slipping against the hair accessory. I don't really twist mine so much as wrap it.

Gentlest on my head would be an English braid. I can lean my head back then! I usually switch to a braid soon after getting home.

Kherome
March 14th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Gentlest on the hair would be a nautilus for me as it is self supporting enough that I konw it's not dragging down and slipping against the hair accessory. I don't really twist mine so much as wrap it.

Gentlest on my head would be an English braid. I can lean my head back then! I usually switch to a braid soon after getting home.

I've tried the Nautilus, but I can't seem to make it work. Is there a video you recommend, or a written explaination? I've looked at several but just can't seem to get it right!

enfys
March 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I've tried the Nautilus, but I can't seem to make it work. Is there a video you recommend, or a written explaination? I've looked at several but just can't seem to get it right!

This is my video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPHXv4iGoAs

I twisted the length so it was clearer. I know the quality isn't too hot, but I didn't have a better camera at the time.