March 14th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Sorry, but I've been searching and come up with nothing. :o
Any help? :confused:

Shany
March 14th, 2011, 01:53 PM
butt crack length

Pantsless Amy
March 14th, 2011, 02:05 PM
so glad you asked, I've been wondering too, but couldn't find an explanation anywhere. my google fu failed me :oops:

AnnaJamila
March 14th, 2011, 02:22 PM
butt crack length

:lol: bwahaha! That struck me as really REALLY funny for some reason!

Come to think of it, that's what I'm going for! :hmm:

DuckyDot
March 14th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Haahaha :) Thanks for the replies!

abbatabba1137
March 14th, 2011, 03:11 PM
huh, I always thought it was butt CHEEK length...

Although, I guess its about the same length..

annieangel149
March 14th, 2011, 03:16 PM
ooh !!! i think my new goal may be butt crack length if i am capable enough to keep my goal length hair of waist lovely and healthy, when i get there! come on hair! groooooowwww!

selderon
March 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I guess you could call it sacrum-length... but a lot of people have no idea what the sacrum is and might assign that name to the wrong part of your (or someone else's) anatomy. LOL!

TheBluffs
March 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Is 'But crack length' like tailbone or Classic? Or in the middle. :?

Shany
March 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I think it's a bit longer, shorter? than tailbone length. Maybe I'm wrong ?

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64668

Pyvsi
March 14th, 2011, 03:31 PM
So, just-past-hip-but-not-quite-tailbone I reckon.

enfys
March 14th, 2011, 03:31 PM
It's the top of the vertical smile.

Relation to tailbone varies by anatomy.

Pantsless Amy
March 14th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Butt crack would be above tail bone, right where your butt crack starts. Think plumber butt. Tail bone is below that, where your spine ends. And if I'm not mistaken classic is where the curve of your butt meets your things.

Fufu
March 15th, 2011, 01:17 AM
waist length is my goal at the moment,

but hmm i think i will chance upon butt crack length if I could.

HintOfMint
March 15th, 2011, 01:26 AM
So I guess this is what I mean when I say I'm thinking about "just above tailbone" for my goal length, haha.

MindBeforeMouth
March 20th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Ya all the lengo confused me too!

Carolyn
March 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I like saying "butt crack length". "Butt cheek length" sounds too genteel for me. Exactly where it is is going to depend on your anatomy. Isn't it listed in the LHC abbreviations? Nope. Just checked, it isn't.

Jeno86
March 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
butt crack length

Very first thing that came to mind. Hahaha.

CurlyCyndi
March 20th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Me too Waist length is my goal but I might HL or BCL :) all these shortened named length can be very confusing for someone new like me though!

Debra83
March 20th, 2011, 02:52 PM
That's Hilarious!!! :D:o I never knew that!!!

Pumpkin3826
December 12th, 2017, 01:17 PM
I like the term BCL because I feel like it describes perfectly when you are passing hip length but not quiet to tail bone length. My hair just currently got to BCL! I have to say I am excited to have a mini mile stone to celebrate before moving onto tailbone then classic!!!

peachyleshy
December 12th, 2017, 07:56 PM
So I believed my tailbone was where my crack started because my spine bumped out a bit there, but I guess the tailbone is where it ends lower down? Or the tailbone is both of those parts?
I guess I should make my first goal Butt Crack Length, then my second goal tailbone length!

Dendra
December 13th, 2017, 03:56 AM
So I believed my tailbone was where my crack started because my spine bumped out a bit there, but I guess the tailbone is where it ends lower down? Or the tailbone is both of those parts?
I guess I should make my first goal Butt Crack Length, then my second goal tailbone length!

I also used to think of tailbone as the bumpy bone above BCL (the lowest visible part of the back), but this thread set me straight! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126349

What is confusing is that for some people their tailbone really is above BCL (though I think this is unusual). What is also confusing is after reading this thread whenever someone on LHC references tailbone I think, so are they anatomical tailbone or the above BCL tailbone?