PDA

View Full Version : Don't think I could use heat anymore?

TwilightBloom
March 12th, 2011, 07:56 PM
So my sister came over and her hair is between bra strap and waist, she wanted me to straighten her hair with my instyler. I did, and looking at her hair from a far, it is long and pretty, but as i was straightening her hair, I noticed all the breakage and shorter hairs she had from damage and breaking it off. After we were done straightning it, she then pulled out her little teasing brush and tells me "don't look", I almost screamed.
I honestly don't think i could even attempt to put heat of any kind in my hair, i could barely do it to hers. Wow, I have changed so much, and for once in my life I am proud of my hair. Yes I am a frizzy head, i have always been, but my hair looks and feels so much better, and it is happy, and growing. I am so happy I found LHC, I have changed for the better in so many ways. Thanks LHC:happydance::happydance:

ericthegreat
March 12th, 2011, 08:22 PM
We have to remember that to the mainstream world, heatstyling, teasing, and hairspray are all considered normal in the pursuit of 'pretty' hair. In fact, I'm certain that there are even a few LHC members here who also do those things while they are well aware of the potential damage they could be risking. I know I haven't given up lightening and coloring my hair! ;) We need to respect that everyone has their own individual likes and dislikes and preferences regarding their hair.

McFearless
March 12th, 2011, 09:26 PM
So my sister came over and her hair is between bra strap and waist, she wanted me to straighten her hair with my instyler. I did, and looking at her hair from a far, it is long and pretty, but as i was straightening her hair, I noticed all the breakage and shorter hairs she had from damage and breaking it off. After we were done straightning it, she then pulled out her little teasing brush and tells me "don't look", I almost screamed.
I honestly don't think i could even attempt to put heat of any kind in my hair, i could barely do it to hers. Wow, I have changed so much, and for once in my life I am proud of my hair. Yes I am a frizzy head, i have always been, but my hair looks and feels so much better, and it is happy, and growing. I am so happy I found LHC, I have changed for the better in so many ways. Thanks LHC:happydance::happydance:

A similar thing happened to me a few months ago. My young cousin asked me straighten her hair for her. Hairs were breaking everywhere and it was tragic. The white dots really show up too. When you flat iron your own hair you can't exactly see what is going on in the back. Heat styling does some crazy things to hair. I wish I were one of those people that can get away with it.

Quixotica
March 12th, 2011, 09:35 PM
We have to remember that to the mainstream world, heatstyling, teasing, and hairspray are all considered normal in the pursuit of 'pretty' hair. In fact, I'm certain that there are even a few LHC members here who also do those things while they are well aware of the potential damage they could be risking. I know I haven't given up lightening and coloring my hair! ;) We need to respect that everyone has their own individual likes and dislikes and preferences regarding their hair.

Lovely reply! Everyone is so different, and their hair is too :) I know I haven't given up chemically coloring my hair - or heat styling, and I get compliments on my hair every day!

Variety is the spice of life!!! :beerchug:

TwilightBloom
March 13th, 2011, 12:51 PM

I do understand and respect everyones rights to do to there hair as they please, but since she asked me to do it for her, I gave her my opinion, and she respects my opinion. Since i have started taking care of my hair, I really take notice of other people's hair, and whether it is damaged or not. It is hard to see it any other way. I do respect the fact, but that doesn't mean i can't wanna scream when i see her mistreating her hair. I will always express my opinion, she is my sister, I don't just walk up to strangers and tell them what they are doing wrong to there hair, even though i may think it, I still respect there right to mistreat their own hair in the search for beauty. :)

GRU
March 13th, 2011, 03:50 PM

And I called you out on it (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1517499&postcount=23) a little while ago, too, etg! :lol: If I didn't like you so much, I think I'd hate you for your super-strong and beautiful hair! ;)

aenflex
March 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I really can't use heat when trying to gain length. But I envy those that can. I love the look of hair freshly ironed. Sniff....