PDA

View Full Version : Broke My Poll

Nightshade
June 12th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I forgot to enable the option to select multiple options in this poll (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=6737). Can a kind mod fix it for me?

FrannyG
June 12th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Ummm, Nightshade. :hmm: First you had post envy and now you're breaking your poll? What are we ever going to do with you?

Nightshade
June 12th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Ummm, Nightshade. :hmm: First you had post envy and now you're breaking your poll? What are we ever going to do with you?

:wail: I need professional help!

ETA: Well played, Franny!

Flaxen
June 12th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I forgot to enable the option to select multiple options in this poll (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=6737). Can a kind mod fix it for me?
Actually, no, I can't. It's not one of the edit options. :wail:

Go ahead and make a new poll, nightshade. I'll close the other one, and when the new one is up, I'll delete the old one. :flower:

Nightshade
June 12th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Sounds good, I'll post here when it's done :)

Nightshade
June 12th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I made the poll twice :o Can you delete the thread without the poll and the locked one?

THanks!

Nightshade
June 12th, 2008, 11:34 PM
And when I pasted the title in the new one it now says "lightbulb washing poll"

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=6782

Can you take out the "lightbulb"? Apparently the name of the little icon copied :rolleyes:

good cats, I'm just striking out on this effort, aren't I?

Hypnotica
June 12th, 2008, 11:49 PM
And when I pasted the title in the new one it now says "lightbulb washing poll"

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=6782

Can you take out the "lightbulb"? Apparently the name of the little icon copied :rolleyes:

good cats, I'm just striking out on this effort, aren't I?

*snorts tea*

Well, you could very well be on to something here - I don't think there is no one that have polled how to best wahs lightbulbs.

I'm certainly going to try CWC on mine at home.

physicschick
June 12th, 2008, 11:50 PM
:lol: I think I fixed everything. Let me know if you notice any other problems. That lightbulb bug is extremely weird.

Flaxen
June 12th, 2008, 11:52 PM
How many longhairs does it take to wash a light bulb, you mean? :lol:

It should be all sorted out now. :flowers:

snowbear
June 13th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I wonder what happens if you henna a lightbulb.

Pegasus Marsters
June 13th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I wonder what happens if you henna a lightbulb.

Not sure but I can't imagine it'd do your electrics any good XD

snowbear
June 13th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Not sure but I can't imagine it'd do your electrics any good XD
Who knows? It might give off a reddish hue. Wonder if a white lightbulb would work better than a yellow one.

Pegasus Marsters
June 13th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Who knows? It might give off a reddish hue. Wonder if a white lightbulb would work better than a yellow one.

You could just use glass paints ;)

snowbear
June 13th, 2008, 01:33 AM
You could just use glass paints ;)
But that's not nearly as exciting!

I think Nightshade should add "lightbulb" to her strand test. :grin:

Dianyla
June 13th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Heh. This has been posted here and there, I don't know where to give original credit.

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

morgwn
June 13th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Reading this thread has just given me an awful case of the giggles. :lol:

Hypnotica
June 13th, 2008, 03:57 AM

I belive that the white lightbulbs have the paint inside, thus not making any difference on the colour uptake.

I wonder if lightbulbs also get henna dryness, if henna plumps up lightbulbs and if henna bleaches them...?

Nightshade
June 13th, 2008, 07:30 AM
No luck hennaing lightbulbs, but you can henna lamps ;)

http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L10351860a.jpg

Dear gods, what did I start :o

wolf girl
June 13th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Heh. This has been posted here and there, I don't know where to give original credit.

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

LMAO!!! :rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin: With the recent issues on the boards, this just sent me into histarics! It's so true!

harley mama
June 13th, 2008, 07:54 AM
The polls were good. But, this thread has my LMAO!
What a great way to start the day.

Off to try a SMT on my light blub!

DotDotDot
June 13th, 2008, 10:29 AM
LMAO!!! :rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin: With the recent issues on the boards, this just sent me into histarics! It's so true!

Hysterics*

Now 5 people have to flame me for correcting spelling/grammar mistakes :p

Nightshade
June 13th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Hysterics*

Now 5 people have to flame me for correcting spelling/grammar mistakes :p

You're missing proper punctuation (:p) is not the same as, say, a period, and you should never use a numeral inside a sentence. So "5" should be "five."

:twisted:

Wind Dragon
June 13th, 2008, 11:05 AM
<snip>

That was awesome.
That is all. :gabigrin:

wolf girl
June 13th, 2008, 11:38 AM
You're missing proper punctuation (:p) is not the same as, say, a period, and you should never use a numeral inside a sentence. So "5" should be "five."

Nightshade has got my back!:patrol:

freznow
June 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Reading this thread has just given me an awful case of the giggles. :lol:

ME TOO!!! :rollin:

:wethree:

n3m3sis42
June 13th, 2008, 03:54 PM
This thread made me laugh out loud (even though I'm at work). :)

PseudoScot
June 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Oh my gosh this is hilarious!

CurlyNinja
June 13th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Dianyla that was amazing!!!! I love it.

morgwn
June 16th, 2008, 06:05 AM

Although if the number is greater than ten (say, 583), it is acceptable to write the numerals rather than spelling out the longer number as a word. :twisted: :twisted:

Nightshade
June 16th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Although if the number is greater than ten (say, 583), it is acceptable to write the numerals rather than spelling out the longer number as a word. :twisted: :twisted:

ROFL Well-met, fellow Grammar Nazi!