View Full Version : Cool Info from Discovery Health

CurlyCyndi
March 11th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I know we probably already know what they are saying, but it's always nice to see main stream catching up with some of this stuff.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/scalp-care/tips/hair-washing.htm

A Hair Care Quiz
http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/scalp-care/tips/hair-care-quiz.htm

Home Remedies for oily hair,

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-oily-hair.htm

CurlyCyndi
March 11th, 2011, 10:26 AM
i took the quiz and got a 5 LOL I dont think some of us at LHC would agree too much with some of the quiz

morecowbell
March 11th, 2011, 11:05 AM
i took the quiz and got a 5 LOL I dont think some of us at LHC would agree too much with some of the quiz

Same here haha :D Yeah... some of the questions have multiple correct answers. :shrug:

Cheeks1206
March 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I got an 8 on the quiz. :) I felt like some of them may have been trick questions though. Like the brush one, my answer would have been you're better off not using a brush, but that's because I have curly hair that I never dry brush and I in fact do not own a brush.

Very cool stuff. I love How Stuff Works and their blogs/podcasts.

Lianna
March 11th, 2011, 12:22 PM
There's actually a lot of questions with controversial subjects, things that cannot be just "right or wrong".

Lunnafindel
March 11th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I was surprised to find out that 65% of american women color their hair. Are we that unhappy with the way we are naturally? :(

Shany
March 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I also got a 5. I don't agree with all the ''correct'' answers .

mrs_coffee
March 11th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I got a 5 on the quiz too.

Coan-Teen
March 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Same here. 5.

excentricat
March 12th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I got a 6, and I can't help but wonder what I got that all the 5's missed. I have a feeling that it's one question.

CurlyCyndi
March 13th, 2011, 10:41 AM
perhaps the brush question?

I comb my hair while it's wet as I have curly hair. I dont agree with a lot of the answers but it is interesting...

I dont think women are unhappy naturally, I just think some of us prefer certains colors, or add colors to brighten are over all appearance....

I am not a fan at all of dying my but I do twice a year... I try to dye i black but it always reverts to its natural color.... It's not ugly It's actually a very nice color a brown reddish color. But I think for my skin tone I am better off with the black.. I also think my hair looks nicer when its black.

Adamia
March 13th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I got a 5 too.

Buddaphlyy
March 13th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I got an 8. I missed the one about being pregnant and coloring your hair. I've never been pregnant and hardly color my hair so I really didn't know.

I definitely disagree with the "correct" answer of cutting your hair off and starting over if you hair is damaged or overprocessed. Because if that's the case, half the women in America should be bald or wearing extreme pixie cuts.

aenflex
March 13th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Nice, thanks for sharing!!! :)

Greenhousegirl
March 13th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I definitely disagree with the "correct" answer of cutting your hair off and starting over if you hair is damaged or overprocessed. Because if that's the case, half the women in America should be bald or wearing extreme pixie cuts.
I'm with you on that one. and we all have some kind of damage anyway.
I got a 6 on this one.

curlymarcia
March 14th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Oops I got a 6. Anyway, thanks for sharing!