PDA

View Full Version : My first mini-goal!

mama2j&c
March 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Posting it because it makes it "real"... I will not cut my hair, other than the bangs, not even a microtrim until at least Mother's Day. My last trim was just a week or two ago, so I know it's not a long time to go without a trim...but it's baby steps! After that point, I'll reassess and decide if I should take an inch or so off the length to help with evening it up with the layers, and maybe dust the layers. But if the condition of the ends of my layers is still good, I will likely leave them alone. I know I will be tempted to ask the stylist if she sees a way to "shape" the layers better, but shaping equals cutting and is counter productive... Decisions, decisions.. Any one else like to set mini goals?

-Cookiez-
March 10th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I love to sent mini-goals

when I do that it helps me get my hair to the point I want it to be at without feeling like I'm giving up alot.

CrisDee
March 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM
My first mini-goal was to be able to put my hair up. Since I've reached that, I have almost no urges to trim, cut, shape or whatever. I just put it up and forget it :)

tinywife
March 10th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I need to do this. I've chopped twice now to remove layers, and I've regretted it both times. The majority of my hair is now jaw length, and it doesn't flatter me and doesn't go up in a ponytail. So I'm going to let it get to armpit length (or at least a decent shoulder) before I get the last of the layers.