PDA

View Full Version : Natural Hair Color ?

KellyGormley
March 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
So I haven't seen my natural hair color in years. So now I'm looking at my roots and going what color is that. Anyone know what color that would be?
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/xxNarutoxninjaxx/048.jpg?t=1299803685

Zefyra
March 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Its a bit difficult to tell but it looks like ash blond to me.

TrudieCat
March 10th, 2011, 05:53 PM
In my experience, shorter roots make my hair look much more dull than the color of my hair truly is once dye is grown out, if that makes sense. I can't accurately tell the color of my hair just by looking at a few inches of roots, in other words. My hair looks very, very ashy colored until it gets to be about 5 or 6 inches long. Not sure if this will be true for you or not, but it might be difficult to really figure out your hair color until the roots grow out a bit more.

jojo
March 10th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Well roots always look darker, so id say your probably a light ash brown

spidermom
March 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Dark ash blonde.

jaine
March 10th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Could you get a picture in daylight? It will be easier to tell for sure.

Fluorescent lighting will probably making any color look "ashy."

MissEarlGrey
March 10th, 2011, 06:50 PM
It really will be hard to tell until you get more growth. I used to dye my hair a very dark red for most of my high school career, and whenever the blond would grow in, it looked GREY. It was awful. I'd give it a while longer, but I think I'm on board with the light ash brown.

Jimothea
March 10th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I'd agree it's too early/iffy lighting to tell for sure, but for now it looks like a light [ash?] brown to me...anyway, it looks fab--I mean, holy shine!

walterSCAN
March 10th, 2011, 10:31 PM
It looks a bit like my natural color: light brown that may or may not be an ash tone... (mine depends on how rusty the Indiana water is and just how my hair feels like looking that day.)

I'm going to second the request for a photo in more natural light/ no flash though. I've found that indoor lighting + flash can make colors look surprisingly different.

Neneka
March 11th, 2011, 12:57 AM
It looks bit like my colour... Ashy blonde (I am not even sure if my own colour is medium or dark blonde... I haven't really seen it since I was 16) but like WalterSCAN said it's difficult to tell. I am also growing out dye! :D

Eolan
March 11th, 2011, 12:59 AM
I think you should let it grow and find out! ;) I too think it looks ash blonde. It's pretty!