PDA

View Full Version : Frizzy fuzzies on canopy and length

SprngGrnGoddess
March 10th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Ok, so profile pic looks very straight and smoothish, but I also took this picture and all what is either new hair growth (the canopy?) or broken hairs and it looks like this, almost as if the hairs are curly or wavey.

They all feel a bit coarser too, what's that all about? Is this why people with straight hair sometimes use straighteners? :D (I've given mine away)

My sig and this pic is taken at the same time, believe it or not (well the dress is a give away... ;)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7355&pictureid=97944

irisheyes
March 11th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Is your hair freshly washed here? Mine looks like this after a blow dry without product. It looks the same if I air dry, but with my natural waves. My hair will look like this for 24 hours after washing. Sometimes it is hard and crunchy, depending on which shampoo I used. I think what you are seeing could be numerous hairs at various stages of growth. If you notice alot of breakage when you brush, it could be that, or a combination of both factors.

Mesmerise
March 11th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I have frizzy fuzzies too :(

Sorry I can't impart any useful information, because I'm still frustrated with trying to deal with them!!!

This is one of the reasons I love straightening my hair, cause it's the only way I can get rid of them!!!!! I love sleek shiny hair, and I'd love it if I could have sleek shiny wurls... but it's easiest just to straighten the lot than deal with the frizzles.

tarn
March 11th, 2011, 04:58 AM
I have them as well. I have just decided to live with them since they are healthy disobedient hairs, and not unhealthy ones. I have tried henna and oils, balms etc and although panacea helps with some, they are always there in my canopy.

krissykins
March 11th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Have you tried taming them with some oil? Some oils can act like cones and make the cuticle look smoother. :)

Anje
March 11th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I have those too. For me, it tends to be the new growth, which is fairly curly for the first few inches before settling down to a lazy loose wave pattern.

Mine are much, much worse if I use shampoo. CO washing calms them down a lot. WO made them calmer still, but that's a difficult routine that many people can't/won't do.

Oil can help some for me, but what really weighs them down is Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream. Unfortunately, straighter hair tends to get chunky or piecey with oil, and the curlies don't understand why straighties don't like that.

ETA: Grab a few fuzzies at a time, and check the ends of the hair. Are they blunt or split? Or are they gradually tapered? Slowly tapering ends are typical of new, unbroken hairs.

bonnie1735
March 11th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I have the same problem. Sorry I have no idea how to tame them. I'm still trying to find it too.

morecowbell
March 11th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Girlie, it almost looks like you took a picture of MY hair! :o
Two things help tame them;
Shea butter (Fox's shea cream has too much oil for my hair to handle) used straight on dry hair (like a half pea size for each half of your hair)
And damp/wet bunning! It's the only thing that makes those darn things behave for me!

Let us know if you find something that works for you, as you can see, you aren't alone in this problem. :)

Ps, you just answered a question I've been wondering about for awhile... I guess when my hair gets longer, the crazy frizzy fuzzies will still be there. :)