PDA

View Full Version : Argan Oil as Heat Protectant?

HeatherJenae
March 10th, 2011, 04:38 PM
More specifically, Sedu Anti-Frizz Treatment. I have been using it after I flat iron but I looked more closely at the details online and it said that the serum is also a heat protectant. So then I started figuring that I should try using it before I flat iron since my Tresemme Heat Tamer spray smells and looks good but sticks my hair together a little bit like hairspray which I really hate. The only thing is, I'm kind of leery of using argan oil (it's in the product) before heat. I guess I just have the cooking / burning association in my head even though it might be completely ridiculous and not based in any fact. So I'm looking for any ladies or gents that have personal experience with this, positive or negative. Thanks in advance! :)

Sophie.Bold
May 6th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Hi Heather, I would think the same, fried hair! right? But I read about this girls using coconut oil as sunscreen for hair at the beach! but would love to know if anyone uses oils before blowdry or flatiron ...

Havent used heat in 2 months so I considering best safe way to do it at some point... :)

Avital88
May 6th, 2011, 04:38 AM
I heard that the oil will boil the hair even more because it gets hot quicker,, im affraid to use it before because of that..also think heat of the sun and heat of heattools is a whole different thing, i think the coconut protects from uv lights rather than heat.