PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder length hair turning point

Mrs. D
March 10th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Good Morning folks,I have been recovering from my Kate hairstyle for about 18 months. At this point I am definitly shoulder length without bangs and learning how to deal with my hair. Ideally, I would like to be at least bra strap length, but probably another year out.Problem being is that I cannot stand my hair down, it makes hot flashes worse or just makes me too hot all the time. Today I am wearing a less than ideal cinnamon roll (bun?) and yesterday was a Gibson tuck. How did you wear your hair at this length? Pony tails are not appropriate for my work setting, at least at the length my hair is currently.
Warm regards,Shannon

skyblue
March 10th, 2011, 08:26 AM
at shoulder length I didn't do much to it other then to comb it, maybe a half up, but you should be able to twist and use a claw clip to clip it to the back of your head or for work maybe a sock bun would work for you

Lianna
March 10th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Take a look at this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66644) thread. :)

spidermom
March 10th, 2011, 08:30 AM
I liked the twist and clip method (peacock twist) and the french twist at shoulder length. I was able to wear the french twist through BSL; it was a favorite.

wvgemini
March 10th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I can't wear ponytails either, so I usually go for the Gibson tuck, sock bun or French braid. I also can't wear claw clips or jewelry-looking items so I have to go very subtle on mine :)

jojo
March 10th, 2011, 08:45 AM
a small french or dutch braid mat be do-able at this stage.

Anje
March 10th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Work on your french twists! They work wonderfully at your length and you eventually grow out of them, or at least to a point where they're more challenging.

French braids are good too. And sock buns.

linnepinne
March 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I learned to use a hair stick at this length - very satisfying! It's not really a "proper" bun, but some kind of little twist/bun-tingie, held by a single stick. But that might be difficult if your hair is very thick... If it's not, try a stick! And try and try again if it does not work the first time. i had to practise :) Good luck!

Mrs. D
March 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I learned to use a hair stick at this length - very satisfying! It's not really a "proper" bun, but some kind of little twist/bun-tingie, held by a single stick. But that might be difficult if your hair is very thick... If it's not, try a stick! And try and try again if it does not work the first time. i had to practise :) Good luck!

Learning to use the hair sticks. So far they have been very useful. They were my second official hair item. Before that it was claw clips and office supplies (pencils, pens, letter openers etc)

Mrs. D
March 10th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Take a look at this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66644) thread. :)

Thanks so much. This will keep me busy for a while. :)

Mrs. D
March 10th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I have been watching these really cool videos on you tube by a lady named Torrin. She totally rocks. Maybe one day I can accomplish some of the do's she demonstrates. My hair idol.
Been practicing french braiding my hair while relaxing with TV or dh.

bunzfan
March 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
At your length i used to wear my hair twisted in the sides in claw clips and the rest was twisted into a bun for work and i had a professional job so had to look neat and tidy.

Lianna
March 10th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks so much. This will keep me busy for a while. :)

You're welcome. :blossom: I didn't mean to leave my previous reply so blunt, but I had to leave the computer due to issues in real life that required my imediate attention.

I think it's nice that people are asking these questions now, because there's a lot more of hairstyling that can be done at shoulder length that people usually think. I'd be cutting my hair to stay at shoulder if I didn't have the help from LHC with hairstyling. And non-damaging hairstyling at that! :cheese:

Welcome to LHC, by the way! :flower: With 25 posts you'll be able to see albums, and lots of hairstyles' photos. :D

PS. Excuse my English in this post, I don't feel quite well today. :o

Mrs. D
March 10th, 2011, 01:20 PM
You're welcome. :blossom: I didn't mean to leave my previous reply so blunt, but I had to leave the computer due to issues in real life that required my imediate attention.

I think it's nice that people are asking these questions now, because there's a lot more of hairstyling that can be done at shoulder length that people usually think. I'd be cutting my hair to stay at shoulder if I didn't have the help from LHC with hairstyling. And non-damaging hairstyling at that! :cheese:

Welcome to LHC, by the way! :flower: With 25 posts you'll be able to see albums, and lots of hairstyles' photos. :D

PS. Excuse my English in this post, I don't feel quite well today. :o

Thanks so much Lianna. I had been viewing growing my hair as a dreadful wifely duty, now I am enjoying it so much. Looking forward to peeking at everyones pics.

et--cetera
March 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
thank you for asking this, my hair is a little bit longer than yours and this really helped.