PDA

View Full Version : how long did it take you.......

jojo
March 12th, 2008, 04:10 PM
to reach your present length.

Its taken me 27 months to get from a short bob, the back was cropped very short to my present 22" (im 23 in siggi, but evened up loosing an inch)
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/10.jpg
December 2005 this is the day my hair was cut short, can you tell im pi**ed off about it!!

how long did it take you all, whatever your length to get to your present length?

AJoifulNoise
March 12th, 2008, 04:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/collage2.jpg

From this I would estimate that from shoulder length until now has taken about 2-2.5 years.

Feisty Redhead
March 12th, 2008, 04:43 PM
One year... it is a bit longer now as the "recent" pic is from last month, and it'd be even longer but over the past year I trimmed off a total of about 6 inches. Yeah, my hair is like a weed... I love it. :D

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/lips_of_an_angel_photos/1yeargrowth.jpg

prosperina
March 12th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I went from a just at my ears bob in March of 2006 to longer than APL (nearly BSL) in about two years. Two trims that were bigger than necessary, and one micro trim.

Of course the ears length was the longest length--I now have layers everywhere: the front the back, the side etc. Growing out bob layers is no fun.

ETA: on the other hand, it is encouraging because I can tell I've grown about 12 inches, so that means my growth is just at normal!

jojo
March 12th, 2008, 05:57 PM
wow some amazing growth there! ajoyfulnoise our first picture the shortest one, is roughly what mine was in august last year, im really excited now and praying it will get to your second one by summer.

thanks to everyone for sharing, its really encouraging xx

ReadingRenee
March 12th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Its taken me 2 years and 3 months to reach my present length of 25.5 inches from my original cut that was 17 inches.

I cut off almost a year of growth (about 6 inches) in that time though because my hair was FRIED from Bleach.

vindo
March 12th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I have been growing with huge Pauses and lots of trimming in between, so hard to say..

Current length is lower half of my butt.

I started at shoulderlength in 2003.

By looking at my (lighter) virgin hair it takes me 1 1/2 yr. to grow just shoulderlength hair...thats how far the chemical dye has grown out.

Alaia
March 12th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Two years.

Just over actually, I haven't cut since the last hair cut which was in hmmm January 06. That cut took me up to halfway between APL and BSL. I am now Hip/TB.

sapphire-o
March 13th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Took me 3.5 years to grow from a bob to tailbone (37"). No trims at all. :) I think my growth speed is average.

Guenever
March 13th, 2008, 02:14 AM
from my shoulders to TB: approx 3 years and 10 months.. with trims.. give and take a few months.. i didn't keep track then..

tiny_teesha
March 13th, 2008, 02:46 AM
i measure by regrowth. For the past 2 years ive grown exactly 12cm each year. Now regarding i do trim and that my hair breaks off and that I'm short....hehe....it has taken me since 2006 january (APL) to get to waist in april 2008 with trims and all that. so 2 years to cross off 2 mini goals! I will reach knee in 2013 i think it is!! haha....if i don't trim much...

Minx
March 13th, 2008, 03:03 AM
I started growing my hair about 4 years ago. At that point my hair was just past chin length.
I only started obsessing about it a year ago though, so it hasn't really seemed that long to me!!

fae
March 13th, 2008, 04:20 AM
I had a bob cut in March of 2004 and my hair is at TB with one 8 inch trim in October of 2007.

ale
March 13th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Roughly four years from above shoulder to tailbone - with several trims in the first couple of years (lack of longhair consciousness!)

Argh I've just seen my post and realized I need to edit my signature and go get an avatar!

jojo
March 13th, 2008, 05:46 AM
you all are such fast growers, well done everybody x

suicides_eve
March 13th, 2008, 06:30 AM
it's taken me 6 months with a trim or two to hit shoulder length from a pixie cut

Finoriel
March 13th, 2008, 06:46 AM
About 7 years from pixie to thumb length, with several trims.

harley mama
March 13th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I haven't had a big haircut in about 6 years, I think. My hair was in a very short, layered style when I gave up the scissors!

lora410
March 13th, 2008, 08:24 AM
from shoulder length (april 07) when i stated growing until now (see below plus 1 more inch of hair) it took me a total of 11 months

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/loralie1981/DSC_384012.jpg

Curlsgirl
March 13th, 2008, 08:47 AM
It has taken me about 2 years to get from 19 or 20 inches to 29 inches but I trimmed a lot especially in the first year and a half to get rid of layers and damage. Now I am just letting it grow mostly with only tiny microtrims. I think I am about average at roughly 1/2 inch per month.

cassie_g
March 13th, 2008, 09:28 AM
From a pixie to hip in 3 years 9 months.

khyricat
March 13th, 2008, 02:48 PM
my last major cut was Oct - 06 to about chin level.. as in bobbed.. I had 2 trims between then and July 07 (one in April, and one in Jan I think) and NOTHING since I joined.. and actuallly I think it looks best now.. though a BIT thin in the length, it isn't that much thinner at the ends than it is a few inches up.. it is sort of a natural U to the hemline, if it gets too uneven, I'll probably get someone to trim it before I wear it down again, but since I don't do that regularly, it will be awhile. I will let Sue even it out before I head for the wedding Labor Day weekend, but that will probably be my next trim, almost 18 months from the prior one.

spidermom
March 13th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I started out with above shoulder length and layered, hennaed hair. It has taken nearly 7 years to get to this length, but that included many, many trims, including 5 inches at one time.

thunderlilies
March 13th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Well from a very short Boy's cut to hip length, it's taken I think 4 years.

FroandBeyond
March 13th, 2008, 04:15 PM
From 1/2 inch to midback or so...4 years.

squiggyflop
March 13th, 2008, 09:05 PM
hmmm from when i consiously started growing... i think my siggy says it all... barely past shoulder to almost waist (waist when wet) in 7 months... oh and there was a trim of 2 inches somewhere in there so i got 6 inches of growth in the 6 months between the siggy pics..

sweetkandi
March 13th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I think my hair grows about an inch a month, from what I saw when i was continuously coloring and trimming. So now that I am growing out again, hopefully it wont take more that 8 months to get to BSL.

spidermom
March 14th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Look at all you fast growers! Now I'm depressed.

jojo
March 14th, 2008, 09:14 AM
it seems the average is 4 years to get from shoulders to TB, that is fast! it took me 8 years to get from shoulders to waist last time so you beat me spidermom!

egg99
March 14th, 2008, 09:23 AM
It's hard to say with my hair. I had it cut to pixie when I was 10/11 years old... by the time I was 15 it was between hip and tailbone, and I've been maintaining that kind of length ever since.

Keiera
March 15th, 2008, 08:35 PM
From just below shoulder to tailbone for me was almost 4 years. That's with little dusting trims, and inch trims thrown in once in awhile. Tailbone for me is almost 36 inches.

MadPirateBippy
March 17th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Four years, and it will probably take another four years to get to a length I feel truly comfortable with.

HeavenlyTresses
March 18th, 2008, 07:08 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/joeylocks/JoeySeniorPic.jpg

This is my senior pic from spring 1990 when I started growing out to one length. I stopped going to salons for trims around 1993 due to losing 3-6 inches at a time and started having my mother trim it. There were times when it hardly grew at all due to stress and my biggest growth spurts were when I was pregnant. My current length is 68".

DecafJane
March 18th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I have been growing mine now for 5 months and it has gone from pixie to starting to brush my shoulders when it is wet - such a nice feeling! I'm at the point where it is starting to not look terrible when I leave it out, but I'm so excited at being able to wear claw clips and things that I leave it up all the time anyway - besides, it is better for the hair. :cheese:

CaityBear
March 18th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Well, I cut my hair to chin length in late summer of 2006, and now I'm down to BSL in March 2008, woo hoo! lol I can't wait for longer!

Village Mama
March 18th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I shaved my head 2 years ago this winter. After quite a few trims to even things out it is about 22 inches. Not bad growth when I look at it that way! It seemed like a long time!

chicken
March 19th, 2008, 06:04 AM
It took me 2.5 years to get from chinlenght to BSL

Amnell
March 19th, 2008, 06:13 AM
12 month from BSL to waist, with some mini trimms

BlueRose4217
March 19th, 2008, 09:40 AM
to go from 24.5" to 38.75". Patience - gentle care - minimal trimming! You'll get there - it just takes time and gentleness! :)

Laululintu
March 19th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I started out in the spring of 2005 when my hair was a between bsl and waist length. At the moment my hair's slowly inching down my bum towards classic :) I had around 3 inches trimmed off in November 2005, and have since selftrimmer around 2 times, taking off around an inch or two each time.

Angellen
March 20th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Since my last haircut 11 months ago, I've grown more than eight inches. That took me from BSL (or maybe just above) to an inch past waist...and still growing!

Alenka
March 20th, 2008, 09:27 AM
About four years.
From a short cut to a bit past BSL.

Medievalhair
March 20th, 2008, 09:29 AM
It took a 1 yr and 1/2 to grow out from a necklength bob(Sept 06) to BSL(March 08)

Bubbleguppy
March 20th, 2008, 11:24 AM
it's been exactly a year since my last cut. I had gotten it cut to around the area of my chin (and it was layered) and now my longest layer is just below/right at apl, and my shortest layer is at my shoulders :D

Jaime
March 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I started growing out my hair a couple months after my last haircut, which was April 8, 2006 (6 months ago, I dug through my credit card receipts to find the date because I was curious).

So, from very short to now, it has taken 23 months and 12 days. :D

8) Jim

kissedbyfyre
March 20th, 2008, 03:29 PM
It took me about 10 years to go from buzzed to classic. Of course I got stuck at shoulder length for about 3 years due to a hair dresser deciding I had far too much hair and thinning it out. I also went from classic back to about tail bone due to damage. So those 10 years weren't a very smooth running 10 years......

Carolyn
March 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Holy Crap some of you guys grow fast! I started growing in the spring of 1999 and I was at shoulder length with layers. It took me until this winter to reach tailbone which is 40" on me. I'm now back to hip length to get rid of the U shape and get a thicker hemline.

BrianaFineHair
March 20th, 2008, 08:23 PM
From what everyone says here, it looks like I've got at least 2 years before my chin length bob reaches my back bra strap...

I hope doing hennas will be helpful since my hair is so fine.

lil_irish_angel
March 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM
It took me a matter of little less than two yrs to get to waist

birdiefu
March 20th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I started with a short bob with a shaved nape (14") and decided to grow it out around early 2003. The first two years I did a lot of frequent trims, got layers, and did my only permanent dye job (eek!)- this was all before I found LHC, and by May 2005 (when I found LHC) I was at 24" at BSL.

It took one year to go from BSL to waist (30") with about 1" in trimming. Another year to go from waist to hip (35") with more trimming (2.5" I think) since my hair was damaged from the dye. It's now another year later and I'm a bit past TB (39") and did quite a bit of trimming this past year (3"+ I think).

So, to make a long story short it took me 5 years to go from short bob to past TB, but it would have been faster without so much trimming. My growth has gone in spurts and stalls, but during that time I've had two pregnancies/births so my hair has been affected by hormones.

AlleyKitten
March 21st, 2008, 10:05 PM
All your times make me want to cry! My hair must grow so slowly!

My hair was cut to a pixie when I was eight, which would have been 1994. I think it continued to be "cut" more than "trimmed" for several years, but it's definitely been growing, with trims, since 1996 or so. So...12 years to get to almost-belt-length? I was treating it terribly for most of that time, so it was slow going down my back, and there was a stall at waist until I started to treat it better.

My last trim was in December, and it took off two or three inches (never going back to that hairdresser again!!!). I haven't made all that back yet, but now that I realise it was only three or four months ago, I feel a little better.

jojo
March 21st, 2008, 10:28 PM
but hey the best comes to those who wait, your hair is beautiful x

tiny_teesha
March 25th, 2008, 01:47 AM
i ruined my hair begining sept 2005 then completely killed it by early 2006. Before that i was at hip almost with thick natural hair.
Because i layers and coloured REPEATEDLY i had to do major chops and constant trims just so get it looking like hair and not like a single thread.
it is 2008 now, and my hair is still growing out the damage. 2006 it was APL, i trimmed heaps and it is only almost reaching waist now (like .5cm away).
The ends of my hair are 5 years old though. And everything past my chin is really damaged hair (canopy) and APL in my undergrowth.

It is a struggle and it will be a long one, as i want virgin knee length hair!

paper
March 25th, 2008, 06:20 AM
This is how short my hair was in Sept. 07. I know thats not the date on the pic, but I got my hair cut short like that for the last time in Sept. 07.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/paper1962/shorthair.jpg

And, now I can wear my hair in a ponytail. :)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/paper1962/ponytail.jpg

6 Months total

n3m3sis42
March 25th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I haven't had time to go through and read everyone's comments to this thread yet, but here's my story.

I started growing my hair out from chin-length in February 2004, and it's now somewhere around 28-29" (I was having trouble with my less-than-pliable tape measure, so I'm not sure) in March 2008. That seems like pretty slow growth, but I think I was trimming it every two months for the first couple of years.

lora410
March 25th, 2008, 07:25 AM
I went from 2" of hair 21 months ago to shoulder in 9 months (last april) to almost BSL (present length). So it's taken about 21 months to get from 2 inches of hair to almost BSL.

MelLuna
March 25th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Oh I can't say. Start 1984, when I met my DF. The lenght was 3'. Then I let it grow. But I must cut them always because the ends split.
Since I've been on LHC my hair grows really fast. More than ever before.:cheese:

socks
March 27th, 2008, 05:31 PM
It has taken about 11 or 12 years for my hair to grow from a short bob to well past my knees. It grows about 1/2" per month, but I got large trims every few months when I was younger and that majorly stalled my growth.

willowcandra
March 31st, 2008, 03:33 AM
It took me eight years in total to get from bob to classic. But I had a few layers and colour disasters along the way. I should have reached classic much more than a year ago really.

lilalong
March 31st, 2008, 05:20 AM
I just cut off my almost BSL hair to shoulder lenght. Unfortunately, just a few days afterwards I found LHC and decided to grow my hair to waist - just once in my life.
Now its a bit past shoulder length, growing like crazy, because its spring.

KajiKodomo
March 31st, 2008, 06:37 AM
To get from a buzzcut to where I am now (the bottom of BS-length), it has taken me 2 years to the day! That also includes cutting in an undercut (which I'm growing out now, but it did take off a big chunk of length, since my hair was naturally layered--I hadn't cut it until then), and also cutting in a few front face-framing layers. Other than that, I haven't cut or trimmed my hair.

It's just long enough for me to do search and destroy "missions," so I'll get that started sometime soon, although from occasionally looking at my hair, I don't notice any splits, so I must not have many.

My hair seems to be growing slower this time around. Do you think hair dye has anything to do with it? Because I have been dying it black pretty regularly. In fact, I need to get it done again! I used to grow about an inch a month, and now it doesn't seem like it's growing that fast anymore! :(

dagonlilly
March 31st, 2008, 04:08 PM
The last time I cut my hair shoulder lenght it has taken me almost 4 years to get it pretty much waist lenght with a few trims along the way.

TineyTitch
January 15th, 2009, 12:00 AM
My hair is 16 inches and it has taken me three years to get from a bob to 16 inches

Debra83
January 15th, 2009, 01:10 AM
3 months and a bit from avatar to sig pic, and I did two trims in that time.

Calanthe
January 15th, 2009, 03:27 AM
I started at around chin and now it's hip-ish. That took about four years and a bit with some minor trims here and there.

Addy
January 15th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Mine was cut in Aug 07 with my shortest layer at the tips of my ears and longest was shoulder length.

January 09 I'm APL heading south to BSL here in a few short months! HOPEFULLY! :D

sahiba
January 15th, 2009, 06:29 AM
I'm 26 years ,so 26 years :silly:

Iylivarae
January 15th, 2009, 04:02 PM
APL to tailbone (now) about 1 year and 9 months.

Sammybunny711
January 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM
One year... it is a bit longer now as the "recent" pic is from last month, and it'd be even longer but over the past year I trimmed off a total of about 6 inches. Yeah, my hair is like a weed... I love it. :D

You went from chin to waist in one year? Or an I confused...?:confused: If you did...that is AWESOME!!!

Loviatar
January 15th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Hah... due to bad hair decisions (spelled m.i.s.t.a.k.e.s!) it's taken me since I joined in Nov 2005 to get to 23.5 inches now.

I was 23.25 in early May last year and then I ruined my hair with bleach and dye and heat in one miserable afternoon; I lost 1-2 inch pieces falling off the ends, and eventually chopped 3 inches. It's back on track though and I'm determined that 2009 is the year of 3 small trims for the whole year, lots of henna, and hopefully soapnuts and catnip.

eresh
January 15th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hmm about 17 years from above the shoulders to calf.
Only minor trims, nothing regular and no real cuts.