PDA

View Full Version : 2 years later after a terrible haircut *pics*

jojo
June 12th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Well I saw my passport photo the other day, it was taken in January 2006, my hair was cut short the month before. It is a horrible cut all different lengths, I really hated it and look awful. But looking back I thought wow my hair really has grown in just over 2 years, so thought seeming as there has been a few post off people who have recently cut and are wanting some inspiration and proof that their hair will grow, here you go!

hope this reasures people that 2 years isn't such a long time and a lot can happen to your hair in that time!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/CIMG0009-2.jpg
January 2006
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/june08.jpg 10th June 2008, I much prefer my hair without the fringe too!

AJoifulNoise
June 12th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Oh, jojo, you're so pretty! That was my first thought looking at your pictures. :flower:

And, wow, that is a lot of progress!

DeeM
June 12th, 2008, 11:14 AM
.........and you look younger too!

Dee

Blueneko
June 12th, 2008, 11:14 AM
You look awesome! Your hair is so silky. I know people do not do front photo shots much, but the front of the hair with a smiling face makes hair look even better!

Islandgrrl
June 12th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Jojo, you've made such incredible progress! You look just lovely!

jojo
June 12th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Aww thank you all so much. I think I look hard with short hair, the cut is the worst ever looks like the rats have been nibbling at it1

Thanks again for the compliments, I am starting to feel long again at long last!

SHELIAANN1969
June 12th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Your hair looks fabulous, but you looked adorable with the pixie too, you remind me of Tinker Bell! Soooooooo cute!! :)

ETA: I don't think the pixie looked like rats were nibbling at it, I am lol'ing here, it reminds me of "Twiggy" in a way as well, it really was cute, you look great with short or long hair.

Lamb
June 12th, 2008, 12:06 PM
WOW! You have come a long way, jojo! Congratulations on the quick growth. :cheese:

Siava
June 12th, 2008, 12:10 PM
That really is a lot of progress and it's so silky looking. Woot!

MissHair
June 12th, 2008, 12:11 PM
WOW your hair grows fast. This really motivates me to be patient. Two years isnt such a long time for such good growth. Congrats!!

tn.sctt
June 12th, 2008, 01:00 PM
wow, your hair looks awesome and extremely healthy, i am so happy for you

jojo
June 12th, 2008, 01:27 PM
aw thanks guys, its funny how a hair style or length can change how you feel about yourself isnt it? I know one thing I will never go with that style again, whoever said short hair is easier was lying, long hair is much more easier in my opinion!

someonesfaerie
June 12th, 2008, 01:32 PM
ow I hope my hair grows that much and jojo you're beautiful!

jojo
June 12th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Im sure it will, with all the great advice on here not only will it grow long but be beautiful too.

brok3nwings
June 12th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Congratulations!! I think you had a great progress and it looks really healthy! You have a sad expression on the first picture and a happy one in the second...eheh Well, im glad it is that way ;)

FrannyG
June 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Jojo, that has to be one of the prettiest passport photos I've ever seen! I'm not even joking. Actually, as very short cuts go, yours was quite cute.

Naturally, I prefer your longer locks though. I too have had some very short cuts, and I know what you mean about how you feel about yourself. I feel much better with longer hair than I ever did with short hair. I often wonder what I was ever thinking.

Anyway, your progress has been great, and I just can't wait to see what the next year has in store for you and your hair! :flowers:

jojo
June 12th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Oh my do you think so? I hate it, hey we should have a thread on ' show your passport photos' Im hoping to get to waist in the next 2 years, that would make me very happy!

lora410
June 12th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Hey your first hair chop is what mine looked like when it was butchered by a stylist.:lol: poor us but you got some good length going.

jojo
June 12th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Congratulations!! I think you had a great progress and it looks really healthy! You have a sad expression on the first picture and a happy one in the second...eheh Well, im glad it is that way ;)

A picture tells a thousand tales eh? I know you have to look miserable in passport photos but I did feel totally miserable, now i feel more like me!

lora410
June 12th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Oh my do you think so? I hate it, hey we should have a thread on ' show your passport photos' Im hoping to get to waist in the next 2 years, that would make me very happy!

p.s your siggy pict looks like your not wearing any pants..lol

jojo
June 12th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Hey your first hair chop is what mine looked like when it was butchered by a stylist.:lol: poor us but you got some good length going.

it has to be the hardest style, to style poor us indeed but we both getting nearer thank heavens!

jojo
June 12th, 2008, 02:24 PM
p.s your siggy pict looks like your not wearing any pants..lol

LMAO!! I am honest, its my tops too short! oh er it does doesnt it!! my first LHC pose too:o

DavidN
June 12th, 2008, 02:27 PM
What wonderful growth in your hair in two years, Jojo, and it looks so healthy and shiny!:flowers:

jojo
June 12th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Thank you David, you say the loveliest things x

Sana
June 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Oh wow your hair looks great!!! And I agree that u do indeed ook like twiggy in that pic...really edgy:)

DecafJane
June 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Jojo, you have a great face shape, and can easily pull off both long and short hair (even with a butchered haircut)! That said, I LOVE the long hair on you - you look so much younger and it is much softer on you. Congratulations on the healthy, lovely growth! It is great inspiration, thanks. :D

cindy58
June 12th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Your short cut was definitely choppy, but you still looked cute! I wouldn't be caught posting my passport photo, it's yucky!

You've had great growth for just 2 years!

TammySue
June 12th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Lots of growth, looking great! You are a very pretty lady. :blossom:

EvaSimone
June 12th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Wow you have grown a lot!! I also agree with the poster who says you look more youthful now.

You have a very pretty face! Not to be weird but you look a lot like my mom she's mostly Hungarian mixed with some other stuff. Are you Hungarian by any chance?

(If I am being too nosy tell me to hush!!) :o

Rustella
June 12th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Wow! And you are so pretty, too!!:D

whiteisle
June 12th, 2008, 07:58 PM
You give my short hair hope! I'm practically counting off the days til my hair is at least BSL (I'm so impatient!). Let's see...let's see.....1/2 year down....1 1/2 to go.......:p

intothemist1999
June 12th, 2008, 09:29 PM
HOLY SMOKES! I wish MY hair grew that fast!!

RavennaNight
June 12th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Wow Jojo! What beautiful progress! Your hair looks really smooth and makes you look so young! And your hair grows fast! You go! :)

Curlsgirl
June 12th, 2008, 09:46 PM
What a pretty woman you are! You have REALLY made a lot of progress! I thought of Twiggy too when I first saw that pixie cut. You looked cute even with that haircut though I like it longer much better. Good job and your hair is looking beautiful!!!

Tangles
June 12th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I actually like both looks on you--but natural is always best :)

Elenna
June 12th, 2008, 10:20 PM
There is a night and day difference between the pictures. But your hair is lovely now.

sputnik
June 13th, 2008, 12:07 AM
a lot of progress in two years!
Thanks for posting I'm in the early stages of growing out a haircut (or hairhatchet?) similiar to your starting point, so this gives me hope.

chloeishere
June 13th, 2008, 12:19 AM
You and your hair are looking gorgeous, jojo! :flowers:

sandrak
June 13th, 2008, 01:51 AM
You and your hair are both very lovely! Congratulations on the progress.

lady G
June 13th, 2008, 04:02 AM
awesome progress you are inspiring me :) mine is a bob right now past chin length and nearly all the layers are out so i am on my way! will take some catching up to you though!

xxx

Alley Cat
June 13th, 2008, 04:23 AM
That's a lot of length in 2 years, yeah for you. :cheese:
Your hair is very pretty. :inlove:

paper
June 13th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Wow, that is alot of growth in 2 yrs. That is inspiring, thanks for sharing.

Btw, you look cute in short hair too :)

Robinlyn
June 13th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Thank you for posting those pics Jojo! You've had such great growth! It's so nice to see what can happen in 2 years! You look so beautiful with long hair! Your hair also looks so much lighter now!

jojo
June 13th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Thank you everybody for your lovely comments!

My great, great gran, great was from Budapest, so yes I do have it in my blood!

betsala
June 13th, 2008, 09:11 AM
wow! you've had so much growth and the long hair really suits your face.

lora410
June 13th, 2008, 09:44 AM
LMAO!! I am honest, its my tops too short! oh er it does doesnt it!! my first LHC pose too:o

it's all good I am a photographer so I notice what others don't ;)

jojo
June 13th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I think everybody has probably noticed by now!!! *giggle*

xrosiex
June 13th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Your hair is BEATIFUL, BEATIFUL, BEATIFUL your growth has been awesome. Thanks for sharing your progress.

jojo
June 14th, 2008, 04:50 PM
wow thanks xrosiex, you have made my day! that is a great compliment from my hair twin!

WritingPrincess
June 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM
You are so pretty, Jojo! I love your new siggy photo, and you sure have made a lot of progress in two years.

krazykirsty07
November 5th, 2011, 07:11 AM
I'm new to LHC and you inspire me the most, i wish i could look through your photos but i think cos i'm new i can't yet =/ anyway i think you are beautiful and i hope my hair will be as long and beautiful as yours is!! =D

CurlyMopTop
November 5th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Wow Jojo, your hair has really grown! The pixie cut that I had a couple of years back looked quite similar to the one in your 2006 photo. Those are some inspirational growth photos! Thank you for sharing them with us. :D

Sunny_side_up
November 5th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Your hair has come a long way, it looks very beautiful now and i think the colouring suits you. I remember growing out my choppy small cut a few years ago, my hair felt dry and unhealthy. When peoples hairs get longer you see the natural body and movement coming along, and your pics are inspiring:)

jojo
November 5th, 2011, 08:19 AM
oh my goodness me, fancy this old post coming up! but hey its great looking back 3 years from when I started this thread, i think I was nearly bsl when I first posted, now just 3" off hip!

Aww you guys have made my day, you really have ive been a bit down today looking at peoples photos and thinking "wow why don't my hair grow quick like that?" and you know what it does! a watched pot never boils! My hair has really grown, it really has YIPPEEEE!!!Thank you for restoring my faith in my hair again

Oksana
November 5th, 2011, 08:26 AM
You have had awesome growth jojo, plus your hair is still in beautiful condition after all that growing!

honeyblonde
November 5th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Oh! wow! What fast hair growth. You look cute in your passport photo.....but you look beautiful now! Great job! :cool:

jojo
November 5th, 2011, 10:17 AM
You have had awesome growth jojo, plus your hair is still in beautiful condition after all that growing!

Oh! wow! What fast hair growth. You look cute in your passport photo.....but you look beautiful now! Great job! :cool:

aww bless you both, you have made an old(ish) woman very happy, thank you

Lostsoule77
November 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Wow Jojo! I can't believe how much length you've gained in 5 years! Amazing!

BTW, you are not oldish! :D

Amber_Maiden
November 5th, 2011, 10:45 AM
wow! Your hair grows really fast!!!! :D

misspurdy06
November 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
you look much younger now.

giuditta
November 5th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Wow what a difference, and so beautiful, you give me hope that my hair will grow fast as well!

Macaroni
November 5th, 2011, 11:22 AM
That's a huge difference, you don't look like the same person.

Melisande
November 5th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Jojo, you are a strikingly good looking woman. You'll have to swallow this pill :-)

Your growth is wonderful. I like seeing old threads popping up and seeing a whole development from 2006 until today. So encouraging!

dulce
November 5th, 2011, 11:51 AM
What a difference 2 years makes! It looks lovely.

jojo
November 5th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Wow Jojo! I can't believe how much length you've gained in 5 years! Amazing!

BTW, you are not oldish! :D ha ha I feel it, had a bad chest infection so sound like an old puffa train! strange I didnt think id grown that much until I saw this thread, funny how we perceive our growth to be less than it is!

wow! Your hair grows really fast!!!! :D
thanks

you look much younger now. well that a plus!

Wow what a difference, and so beautiful, you give me hope that my hair will grow fast as well!
you will, ive trimmed a lot makes me wonder now how much id have got if id left it alone!

That's a huge difference, you don't look like the same person.
thank heavens for that, I really hated having short hair, though others liked it. My hair is so curly when short like 4a curly, I had to blow dry and straighten every morning what a drag! now I just wash and go!

Jojo, you are a strikingly good looking woman. You'll have to swallow this pill :-)

Your growth is wonderful. I like seeing old threads popping up and seeing a whole development from 2006 until today. So encouraging! your so kind thank you, i love it to when the old threads come up, especially when im on a "my hair isnt growing day!"

What a difference 2 years makes! It looks lovely.
doesnt it just! surprised me too!

Thank you everybody for all your lovely comments, I suppose i could call this my 4 years and 3 months anniversary of being part of the lovely LHC family, I didnt do one as i was disappointed by my progress, silly me!!
I really would not have gotten this far without all your support so :applause:applause:applause:applause:applause:appl ause:applause:applause to each and everyone one of you, thank you

jojo
November 5th, 2011, 12:50 PM
just realised my widows peak has filled in to!

julliams
November 5th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Amazing growth - that's really really amazing. For what it's worth, I think you look great with the pixie too.

ETA - I just realised that this thread is from 2008. I honestly thought you had gone from pixie to waist in two years - lol.

Lisa R
November 5th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I think you definitely look younger with long hair! What a plus:) Great passport photo's. Mine is horrible!

Lucky
November 6th, 2011, 01:53 AM
That is amazing, inspiring progress! I had to have my PP updated after my bad haircut in Aug, I'm stuck for 10 years with that pic!
I like your hair without the fringe too, it's very flattering on your face :)

summergreen
November 6th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Your hair has only taken 2 years to grow that much?! I am sooo jealous! And I have to say that you look very cute with the shorter hair as well!

jojo
November 6th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Amazing growth - that's really really amazing. For what it's worth, I think you look great with the pixie too.

ETA - I just realised that this thread is from 2008. I honestly thought you had gone from pixie to waist in two years - lol. ha ha oh I wish!

I think you definitely look younger with long hair! What a plus:) Great passport photo's. Mine is horrible! aww thanks

That is amazing, inspiring progress! I had to have my PP updated after my bad haircut in Aug, I'm stuck for 10 years with that pic!
I like your hair without the fringe too, it's very flattering on your face :) yeah i like it both ways I did cut a fringe back in, in april but havent really maintained it as I should have, im now growing it to a side fringe!

Your hair has only taken 2 years to grow that much?! I am sooo jealous! And I have to say that you look very cute with the shorter hair as well!
heck no! im on my 6th year of growing!!! it took me 5 years to get it to waist length and im just a little past it now!

Amiblue
November 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Lovely growth! I want to say though, I really liked the picture of you with short hair. I know when you like long hair, that is what you want and trust me, I am with you; but you really looked nice with that cut in the picture. So, don't feel to badly about it. I just wish I looked that good that short!

jojo
November 7th, 2011, 02:18 AM
^^ thanks trust me it didn't look that good in real life, id had to straighten it to an inch of its life to get it to look presentable. Unstraightened it looks a curly, multilayered mess!!

duchesswannabe
November 7th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Lovely growth! I want to say though, I really liked the picture of you with short hair. I know when you like long hair, that is what you want and trust me, I am with you; but you really looked nice with that cut in the picture. So, don't feel to badly about it. I just wish I looked that good that short!

While haircuts like the one you had can be a pain in the butt, I thought you looked beautiful in your short haircut photo, as well. It did bring out your eyes fantastically. You could probably carry any style off well.