PDA

View Full Version : Pics of hairsticks on men

Fingolphin
March 9th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I was looking around and couldn't really find many pics with hairsticks on men (that could be because they just don't exist). Does anyone know where I can find some pictures depicting this, either here or somewhere else on the web? I'm curious about it, as I'd like to try it when my hair is long enough again. Thanks.

Fingolphin
March 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I did see some pics of member "Ale" rocking a hairstick, to very cool effect.

GeoJ
March 9th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I haven't seen any photos, but I did once see a man in real life wearing hairsticks in a bun. They were plain hairsticks, and his bun looked like a cinnamon bun.

selderon
March 9th, 2011, 12:28 PM
longlocks.com has a customer gallery of hair toy action pics. The first one is definitely a guy.
LHC member ale has pics of his hair up in hairstick(s).

Lianna
March 9th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I've seen a tutorial on You Tube many many years ago for a hairstick bun made by a man. He used two, plain ones. I also remember he had somewhat curly hair.

Fingolphin
March 9th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I guess the hairsticked man must be a rare breed indeed.

Coan-Teen
March 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I've only ever seen men with long hair in ponytails or braids, neither of which requires a hairstick. I think most men associate buns with being feminine, but if I see any I'll be sure to come drop the link.

I'll be watching this thread with interest.

Anje
March 9th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I think Trolleypup has some pics with a hairstick.

Blandine
March 9th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Over on the German equivalent to this forum, some guys have started a project about long hair styles for men (http://www.langhaarnetzwerk.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12365&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) - the discussions are obviously in German but the first page has a couple of photos of styles with hair sticks that might be interesting.

selderon
March 9th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I think I'm in love with Hairfreaky's hair. WOW! Talk about beautiful!

Fingolphin
March 9th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I saw some chopsticks at Hastings recently that were lightsabers! One pair was long and red (Sith), and one pair was shorter and green (Yoda). I thought those shorter ones could make really cool hairsticks!

Juneii
March 9th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Trolleypup used a stainless steel chopstick when I met him a couple of months ago.
Gumball has several good photos of hair stick buns! :)

Nera
March 10th, 2011, 12:02 AM
This sounds atractive, haha!

gthlvrmx
March 10th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I've only ever seen men with long hair in ponytails or braids, neither of which requires a hairstick. I think most men associate buns with being feminine, but if I see any I'll be sure to come drop the link.

I'll be watching this thread with interest.

i wear a bun almost everyday :) nice and high is my favorite, i get comments on how japanese i look. :P But lower ones are easier on the hair. I do braided buns as well, way more secure and a lot lighter on the head.

ElvenArchess
March 10th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Although I have nothing helpful to offer you, I will certainly be watching this thread; I have a fascination with long hair on men, and hairsticks in addition seem interesting.

I work at a sub shop and there's a man who comes in occasionally that has hair exactly like Steve Martin's in Baby Mama (http://deescribbler.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451afd569e201157033428e970b-800wi). I blush every time he comes in.

trolleypup
March 10th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Trolleypup used a stainless steel chopstick when I met him a couple of months ago.
Gumball has several good photos of hair stick buns! :)
Yep...there are pictures here and there, and a youtube video.

QMacrocarpa
March 23rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
Sorry, no pictures to add, but wanted to mention a hairstick sighting on a guy outside REI yesterday! Two sticks in a small bun. The sticks were red and topper-less. Maybe could have been lacquered chopsticks, but I really wasn't close enough to see.

Wavelength
March 23rd, 2011, 02:02 PM
My husband doesn't use hairsticks very often on his braided bun, but he does use a small wooden fork pretty much daily. Does that count? :P

Misti
March 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
I was looking around and couldn't really find many pics with hairsticks on men (that could be because they just don't exist). Does anyone know where I can find some pictures depicting this, either here or somewhere else on the web? I'm curious about it, as I'd like to try it when my hair is long enough again. Thanks.

I'll ask my honey if he'd be willing to share. A hair stick in a bun is his everyday look.

RitaPG
March 23rd, 2011, 04:49 PM
A rare breed for sure. I don't know a lot of long haired men IRL, a friend of mine has classic length, but he only wears it in a ponytail.
And I must've seen a boy or two from LHC wearing hairsticks.
It does look cool, though, on both boys and girls :)

Beets
March 23rd, 2011, 08:21 PM
The LongLocks site (http://www.longlocks.com/gallery.htm) has a couple of pictures of men wearing hair sticks.

Dr. Hank McCoy
June 8th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I've been wondering about this myself. I just started to let it grom out, so I'm a ways away.... but I've been searching fro things to do with my hair once its long enough :)

I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread.

firegypsy
June 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
member rowie has a lovely profile pic of a bun with antler stick, which have a similar look. his bun is gorgeous.

I'd love to see more photos from willing members/spouses/partners!

Alun
June 8th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I think Trolleypup has some pics with a hairstick.

I'm sure he does. I think he was even worn pink sparkly ones.

OilPaint
June 8th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I have nothing productive to add to this thread, but I would love it if my husband's hair got long enough to put up with sticks. I think one of the sexiest looks on a guy is a long french braid, and I've always thought a good french twist with some nice sticks would look great, too. :crush: