PDA

View Full Version : Tangles and cones?

wahmof9
March 8th, 2011, 11:10 PM
My hair is very fine and get tangled easily now that it is past BSL...a coney serum from Shikai does help...any other suggestions?

Does anyone else have a favorite coney serum?

greygoth
March 8th, 2011, 11:34 PM
CHI Silk Infusion

Ishje
March 9th, 2011, 12:49 AM
I used to use inecto coconut leave in. worked great :)

wahmof9
March 9th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Thank you for responding

chrissy-b
March 9th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Sebastian Potion No. 9 is my favorite.

pepperminttea
March 9th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Luxepiggy put me on to Fekkai Glossing Cream; my hair loves it. :crush: CHI Silk Infusion dried my ends a lot, but the Fekkai hasn't at all, and the slip for detangling is wonderful. I'd definitely recommend it. (You only need a tiny bit at the time, so the price isn't as bad as it first appears.) I use 1-2 pea-sized globs on damp, post-wash hair after a light oiling. :)

luxepiggy
March 9th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Luxepiggy put me on to Fekkai Glossing Cream; my hair loves it. :crush: CHI Silk Infusion dried my ends a lot, but the Fekkai hasn't at all, and the slip for detangling is wonderful. I'd definitely recommend it. (You only need a tiny bit at the time, so the price isn't as bad as it first appears.) I use 1-2 pea-sized globs on damp, post-wash hair after a light oiling. :)

I was popping in to recommend the Fekkai, but I see pepperminttea has beat me to it! (^(oo)^)v

If you find that the Fekkai is too heavy for you in summer months, aquage beyond shine is ultra light but still gives some of that 'coney slip, though not as much as the Fekkai.

wahmof9
March 9th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Just bought some Fekkai...we'll see

pepperminttea
March 10th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Just bought some Fekkai...we'll see

Hope it works for you as well as it does for me. :)

wahmof9
March 10th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Me too Pepperminttea

Eolan
March 11th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Sebastian Potion No. 9 is my favorite.

When I used cones I absolutely loved this. It's very rich and creamy, and smells nice (although some might concider the smell a bit heavy). It's very cone heavy, has a few different cones, if I remember it right. I think there is a cheaper version of it too, but I don't know the name of it.

Alot of people also like Biosilk.

JJetson
March 11th, 2011, 01:40 AM
What does BSL stand for and what are cones?

pepperminttea
March 11th, 2011, 01:11 PM
What does BSL stand for and what are cones?

BSL = bra strap length.
'Cones = Silicones, a common ingredient in shampoos, conditioners, serums, and moisturisers.

This list of LHC abbreviations is handy (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10). :)

Othala
March 11th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer is my recommendation. It is a thick, rich, heavy, coney thing of beauty that you can dilute to suit your hair texture. It detangles beautifully.

virgo75
March 11th, 2011, 02:17 PM
My hair is super fine and really tangley. :nono:

I'm such an idiot because I forgot what I used to use on my hair for years that actually worked really well. Well, not really an idiot. It was discontinued but I found a subsititute.

I used to use the whole Pantene line including this leave-in spray treatment. I would use that and a little bit of coconut oil and my hair was soooooooo happy! Best of all - hardly and tangles and it would stay moisturized. Well, they discontinued it when they revamped the line several years ago.

I've tried TONS of creamy or buttery leave-ins but they were all too heavy and made my hair stick together.

I recently bought Aveeno's Nourish and Condition Treatment Spray and I finally, finally have "my" hair back. :cloud9:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod2380041

It does have one cone in it, but it's also moisturizing and doesn't leave my hair 'snappy' like serums tend to do by the end of the day. I just spray it on damp hair and apply a drop of oil afterwards and my hair stays mostly tangle free. :cheese:

wahmof9
March 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Received it yesterday (Fekkai)...will try later today :)

lapushka
March 15th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Chi Silk Infusion, Fantasia Hair Polisher Serum, Fantasia Frizz Buster Serum. Those are my 3 favorites.

Mirsha
March 15th, 2011, 05:30 PM
My fav: Gliss Kur Liquid Silk Wonder-Serum-Spray

Love it to death!

wahmof9
March 22nd, 2011, 04:49 PM
For sale Fekkai serum on swap board - here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=67976)

pepperminttea
March 23rd, 2011, 04:24 AM
Sorry it didn't work for you. :( I find the scent quite subtle, but I guess after CHI Silk Infusion, everything smells subtle.