PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to get from APL to BSL?

Kat Girl
March 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I just need some encouragement. I know everyone is different but I just wanted to see how long it took people. Thanks so much.

PrincessTieflin
March 8th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I am at BSL, and I am short. only 5 foot 1 inch. I have another 4 inches.. give or take a few different bras sit differently. I am hoping for late this year.. or sooner...

Roseate
March 8th, 2011, 08:50 PM
About a year.

All my milestones so far have been about a year apart: chin-shoulder, shoulder-APL, APL-BSL... it looks like waist will be about another year. Obviously varies wildly by height and growth rate!

PrincessTieflin
March 8th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I just re-read my post I should say I am APL. sorry guys.. :/ Going for bsl.

lyria
March 8th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I felt like I was at APL after my last trim (which turned into more of a cut), but that was about two months ago and now I am definitely BSL. Either I overestimated how short my hair was, or else I got a major growth spurt! (I should mention that I'm 5' 10" so APL to BSL isn't like two inches.)

elbow chic
March 8th, 2011, 09:45 PM
hmmm, probably about a year? I last got a haircut April/May of last year, so it's been nearly a year. Right after that cut, I was probably on the shortish side of APL and am just now on the short side of BSL. :D

(some people won't consider it BSL till all their hair covers their bra strap but mine is wavy and layered, and my longest layers cover my bra strap when straight, so I figure that's good enough for me. haha)

Good luck! Time flies!

ArienEllariel
March 8th, 2011, 09:48 PM
a year unfortunately. Wish my hair grew faster.

akuamoonmaui
March 8th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I'd say about 6 months, but I'm 5'3", with a short torso. I don't know which takes longer, nape to APL, or APL to BSL. Just hang in there!!

Cholera
March 9th, 2011, 01:18 AM
It took me about.. 7ish months. I'm short, but I'm long-waisted. BSL is about 25" for me.

Avital88
March 9th, 2011, 01:23 AM
It took me like 10months and it felt so long when i got there!

hanne jensen
March 9th, 2011, 01:52 AM
It took me almost 2 years. But, I have a very long upper back and chest. Having a large low bustline, my bra strap is pretty low on my back.

Debra83
March 9th, 2011, 02:55 AM
If I'm right in figuring I'll be at solid bsl by the end of March, it will have taken me 1 year and 4 months, with many trims along the way. Hopefully, maximum two microtrims until I hit goal of waist.

bunzfan
March 9th, 2011, 03:11 AM
It took me about 5 months but i didn't trim in that time.

Vorvolaka
March 9th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Over a year, and I'm still not quite there! I did have a cut in there though. I'm quite tall and have a long back.

julliams
March 9th, 2011, 05:13 AM
It actually took me 11 months but I did have a trim in that time. If I take the trim away, it would have been 8 months.

jojo
March 9th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Each milestone has taken me roughly a year to hit, bsl took slightly longer as I was experiencing a lot of stress at the time.

MissEarlGrey
March 9th, 2011, 07:01 AM
I'm on this horrid journey as well. I'm about 2 inches past APL which is 24" for me. Trouble is, I have a LONG torso. I won't be BSL until around 27"-28". If I get there, it'll be the longest my hair has EVER been. I hope to be there by December at the very most.

Intransigentia
March 9th, 2011, 10:33 AM
About six months I think. I probably hit APL in August 2010 or so, and Feb 2011 I was at BSL.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6594&pictureid=87664 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6594&pictureid=97863
October 2010.............................................. ..........February 2011

gthlvrmx
March 9th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Honestly, if i hadnt been cutting off 3 inches twice a year, i would've reached that goal in a year, a little more or so.

Rocket22
March 9th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Im going to say about 8 or 9 months to be a good solid lower BSL for me.

wvgemini
March 9th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Interesting to see all of the differences in length of time for people. Everything from six months (or less) to two years! Wow. I'm hoping for the lower end of the scale when i get there, lol.

BTW, Intransigentia, I love your length-shot shirt! Very creative :p

Rocket22
March 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Interesting to see all of the differences in length of time for people. Everything from six months (or less) to two years! Wow. I'm hoping for the lower end of the scale when i get there, lol.

BTW, Intransigentia, I love your length-shot shirt! Very creative :p

of course it depends on how fast your hair grows, how much length do you need to gain to get there and how much do you plan on trimming.. If you want you can measure how much you need to gain and then calculate that by how fast does your hair grow. average is 1/2" a month you might be more you might be less but it will give you an estimate.

prof-annie
March 9th, 2011, 01:50 PM
With lots of trimming it took me a year.
I did notice something though: I spent most of that year convinced my hair was not growing at all and then suddenly one day it felt like it had magically hit BSL!

Kat Girl
March 9th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Prof Annie that is very encouraging. Thanks. Also thank you to all of you. I'm so used to my hair being at least BSL and now with it at APL it is absolutely driving me crazy. Even though it wasn't that long ago that I cut it (I cut it to get rid of the layers and have an even hemline). On the bright side I'm BSL if I tilt my head back. Does that count? :p Oh the torture of waiting! :brickwall

krissykins
March 9th, 2011, 05:26 PM
It took me about six months :shrug: the first four months I took vitamins, but I don't know if they boosted my growth or not because I've never not been taking vitamins when I pay attention to my growth. :silly:

AnnaJamila
March 9th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Stretch out your hair to find 6 inches (5 or less if you plan on trimming), hold the top of it then measure what it shrinks back to. Then measure how far away your unstretched hemline is from your goal, then divde by the other number you got. For example:

6 inches of hair shrank back to 4.5 inches
There are 6 inches to go, 6/4.5 is 1.333. . .

So, 1 year and 4 months!

Tada!

lolot
March 26th, 2012, 10:51 PM
more than a year and im not even there yet, so frustrating im stalling in apl-bsl land

caiti42
March 27th, 2012, 01:15 AM
So far about a year. With lots of trims to get rid of bleach damaged ends. I have about 'can I call this BSL?'

racrane
March 27th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I'm guessing I hit APL in November. While wet my hair is BSL. I'm guessing it'll take a couple months to be positively sure... So April or May? Basically, my hair went from shoulder to *nearly* BSL in a year, but everyone is so different. Good luck! Experiment with different styles, they keep your mind off the length. :)

Silverbrumby
March 27th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I started at 24.5 inches on the LHC boards. That was about... I think 5 months ago. I'm currently at 25 because of much needed trimming. I'm hoping to hit a solid, healthy BSL by the end of 2012. But, hair only grows 1/2 a month and I have at least 3 inches of thinning ends. I don't know. I might only have a fairytail end BSL instead of a solid one.

So end of 2012 with trims to get it looking better. IF it turns out my hair wont do bsl and look good I'm going back to the 1/2 point between APL and BSL. I should be able to manage that.

blondie9912
March 27th, 2012, 05:09 AM
It will have taken me about 10 months (with 3 trims) to reach a solid BSL from APL. Some people say that I'm BSL, but I'd to wait until I'm *fully* BSL to consider myself that length :p

I'd say 6 months to a year is the norm if you trim your hair a small-moderate amount. If you hit APL in April and didn't cut until September, the warm weather growth spurt that most people get would probably get you to BSL.

I don't really see how it can take two years, however, unless your hair is very slow-growing and you are tall.

Apriori
March 27th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I estimate it's going to take me 10 months including a small trim :)

bunzfan
March 27th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Wow i must have weird body proportions because it took me 3 months:o

pes3108
March 27th, 2012, 07:54 AM
It took me about a year - a year and a half. My upper back is pretty long compared to my lower back. And I was also still using heat and chemicals on my hair while I was growing it from APL, so that probably led to a lot of breakage and made it take longer.

Oksana
March 27th, 2012, 11:27 AM
It took me 10 months with a 2 inch trim :)

mzBANGBANG
March 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM
About 8 months with two trims in between. It is also the shortest milestone on my body, I imagine everything else will take a year.

woolyleprechaun
March 27th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Im at 'can-I-call-this-bsl' at the mo, and its took me a year to get here from APL. That includes three good trims and a HUGE post baby shed....

jesis
March 27th, 2012, 12:26 PM
To get from APL stretched to BSL stretched it took about 18 months. That was about 6 inches.

Ulessa
September 17th, 2017, 04:40 AM
For me it was about 4 months with no trimming, but weirdly there isnt that large of a gap (to me) between APL and BSL.

Idreamlong
September 17th, 2017, 04:44 AM
About 10 months. I was trimming out damage though occasionally, well S&Ding mostly.

wo
September 17th, 2017, 06:55 AM
I just checked my (many, many lol) photos and it took me five months. Both from apl stretched to curly stretched, and from apl curly to bsl curly. This makes me wonder if my hair grows faster than I think.

NV
September 17th, 2017, 06:59 AM
The first time I donated my hair I had it cut into a chin length bob, and it took me roughly a year and a half to get to BSL, but if I'd have to measure from APL I'd say it took about 6 months, but I really was babying my hair and using very gentle shampoos so I think that contributed to the grow.

Andthetalltrees
September 17th, 2017, 12:33 PM
About 4 months, It's 3 inches between.

Dark40
September 17th, 2017, 09:36 PM
It took me 3 years to get from APL to BSL. Now, I'm at WL! Yayyy!!

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 17th, 2017, 10:09 PM
It took me a little bit more than a year, I had a LOT of trims, and a lot of breakage. I hope next year will be different.

Wavybrunetteuk
September 18th, 2017, 01:30 AM
About 4 months, It's 3 inches between. I do hope it only takes me until December for me ^^

Kiiruna
September 18th, 2017, 02:40 AM
A year. It doesn't only depend on your growth rate, but also on your height and body proportions.

Coral Grimes
September 18th, 2017, 03:18 AM
About 9 months with a few small trims (plus breakage from growing out bleach). I think my hair grows quite slowly, although my fringe grew out fast so maybe it just seems that way because it's so much wavier than I realised.

LizzyGrant
September 18th, 2017, 03:44 AM
I checked my photos from that time and it took me 4-5 months. I'm not sure if I trimmed but propably once.

Dendra
September 18th, 2017, 09:36 AM
I'm at can I call this BSL, and it's taken 6 months. It'll be another 3-4 months till I'm solidly there.

Joyful Mystery
September 18th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Last time I grew from APL it took me about 6 months to get to the bottom of BSL.

Silverbleed
September 18th, 2017, 10:29 AM
I believe 14 months without a trim. I had a big stall, probably due to stress.

pili
September 18th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Dry and curly it took about eight months. This is slower than previous attempts. I guess age is slowing me down.

browneyedsusan
September 19th, 2017, 06:40 AM
I think it took me about a year.

leilani
September 19th, 2017, 08:00 AM
7 months! Called it today!

Dendra
September 19th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Dry and curly it took about eight months. This is slower than previous attempts. I guess age is slowing me down.

That's still very quick for a curly!

Beeboo123
September 19th, 2017, 01:56 PM
About three months. But I'm short, about 5'2, with a short torso, and my hair grows really, really fast

Wavybrunetteuk
September 19th, 2017, 05:16 PM
7 months! Called it today!

Cngratulations ^^

Sarahlabyrinth
September 19th, 2017, 05:32 PM
I think it took me about a year.