PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating a chop...

Kristin
March 6th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Or maybe not so much a "chop" as a change of style. I've been wanting some fresh layers and recently angled the front of my hair myself. It's okay, but doesn't seem like enough of a change for me right now. I really like the cut the girl talks about in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/user/YaYaLifestyle#p/search/4/qx3e5M0uWT0

BUT that would be a huge change and could possibly drive me nuts.

Anyone have/had a cut like this? Do you think I'd have to style it all the time? I also wear my hair up about 70% of the time...

(To those of you who saw my last thread about considering a cut a few weeks ago, sorry. For some reason a simple hair cut takes on a whole new meaning when you spend so much time growing it out. :))

UltraBella
March 6th, 2011, 09:14 PM
This is essentially my haircut, but my hair is longer and I never wear it straightened and styled. I also ask for my longest layer to be left thicker, I like a thick hemline. She has more bulk in her top layers and her longest thin out more than mine. But other than that, it's basically the same cut.
Some of the shorter layers may be challenging depending on what updos you are used to wearing.

The biggest challenge is making sure someone cuts your layers perfectly so it blends and does not appear choppy. Blended layers are low maintenance but less than perfect layers require lots of work and styling to lay well. My stylist does a great job so I love mine.

Kristin
March 6th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Do you happen to have a shot of yours straight, UltraBella? Mine is naturally 1b, so it'll be straight most of the time when down. I'm just interested in seeing the difference with a thicker hemline on straight hair. Thanks!

UltraBella
March 6th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Nope, sorry, my hair is only straight with the help of a flat iron and I don't let one anywhere near my head.

Kristin
March 6th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Ok, thanks, anyway. I'll just have to use my imagination. ;)