PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Hair Picture

ErinM
March 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I haven't been around in AGES, as work has been really chaotic and I just don't have computer time at home like I usually do. In any case, I'm still a long hair, I'm still growing and I'm still having fun.

Last week, it was Dr. Seuss Week at school. Being a Kindergarten teacher, I get to partake in all the fun and silliness. Since Friday was Horton Hears a Who day, we were all to have "Who Hair" (aka Crazy Hair Day!) and I figured, why not go all out and actually HAVE Who Hair? It was a huge hit, I had parents of children in OTHER classes coming to take pictures and my students thought I was amazing.

I figured it'd be of some amusement to fellow longhairs, as well. :)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_MzT8SD_arys/TXROngf0VoI/AAAAAAAAAL4/RP9OduCYFB8/s512/Who%20Hair.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_MzT8SD_arys/TXRPE21pH3I/AAAAAAAAAMI/8vval7hvW5M/s512/Who%20Hair%202.jpg

Everyone was amazed by 2 things:
1. That my hair could stand up this way!
2. That for as much hair standing up, there was an equal length hanging the same distance back down!

:laugh:
Good Times.

CurlyCyndi
March 6th, 2011, 08:27 PM
haha! So cool. How did you manage to do this?

Aurantia
March 6th, 2011, 08:29 PM
ErinM, it looks fantastic! How fun.

And, of course, the big question is: how did you get this style?!

HeatherJenae
March 6th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Oh my God, that is amazing! As I scrolled down, I was not prepared for that. How in the world did you get your hair to do that and how long did you have to spend in the shower shampooing it out? :) Could you go through doorways or was your hair clearance too high?

222toogoodforu
March 6th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Oh I remember doing this for a play I was in of Seussical! I used a water bottle :).

Pyvsi
March 6th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Is that a 2-liter bottle in your hair, or are you just surprised to see me? :D

That is some cute funny hair. None of my teachers had hair that cool.

HintOfMint
March 6th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Too cool!!! How on earth did you do that and how did you get it to stay?

ErinM
March 6th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Indeed, it's a 2 liter soda bottle (emptied!) that's kept in by sheer force of will! (And, okay, the tension between hair, bottle and head helps, too!)

I think someone here once posted a clip of a girl on youtube doing the trick with a smaller water bottle. I figured with 36 inches of hair, I'd need something a bit bigger. The soda bottle did the trick. :)

kme81
March 6th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Just a little suggestion: NEVER let your hubby do your hair again! ;) haha just kidding, seriously though, you must be a really fun kindergarten teacher...it takes a lot of nerve to go into public with that do! :D ... :heart: it!

222toogoodforu
March 6th, 2011, 09:23 PM
That video is exactly where I got the idea from!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Pl6nNql8w

minagica
March 6th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I once did something similar, but there are sadly no pictures from the event that would actually show off my hair. Anyway. I made an oblique circular cone out of sturdy carton with a hole big enough for a ponytail to fit through at the top instead of a point. I then separated my hair into two: an outer circle around the hairline and an inner ponytail. I pulled my hair through the hole at the tip of the cone, then brushed the rest of my hair onto the cone and attached it to the poking-out ponytail at the top with an elastic. Due to torque I couldn't make too long a cone if I wanted the hair to point towards my back rather upwards, but you could make a longer cone and achieve the above look :D Of course, the above look does look more like something done with a 2L softdrink bottle, if I take a second look at it :)

mellie89
March 6th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Oh my gosh, that is so awesome! I had no idea that there was anything in there, great job!

tanya222
March 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM
That is freakin' awesome! How did you get in your car with that? Or did you do it after you got to school?

miss_purple
March 7th, 2011, 01:44 AM
That's so funny, in a cool way! :D

Milo
March 7th, 2011, 01:52 AM
How in the world did you drive to school? You must have a convertible?

rosek
March 7th, 2011, 02:46 AM
That is so creative! What a great idea :)

Twarg
March 7th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Gahahah! You're awesome ^_^

Vorvolaka
March 7th, 2011, 04:43 AM
That's fantastic! I really wasn't expecting that when I clicked!

baaaad_kitty
March 7th, 2011, 05:22 AM
So cool! I wanna do that too! haha

NouvelleNymphe2
March 7th, 2011, 05:58 AM
that is too cute! like many others have commented, you must be a rockin teacher! :)

CarpeDM
March 7th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Loving this!

Phexlyn
March 7th, 2011, 10:12 AM
That looks so funny! No wonder you were the biggest attraction of the day ;)

SurprisingWoman
March 7th, 2011, 10:14 AM
That is adorable!

chopandchange
March 7th, 2011, 10:14 AM
That's brilliant! How did you get it to stay so well without the bottle sliding down?

QMacrocarpa
March 7th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Too funny! When I saw the top of the photo, I thought I was looking at the back of your head, in usual LHC fashion, so I did a total double-take as I scrolled down!

ErinM
March 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Sorry to bump this, but figured I'd answer some questions!

No, I could NOT drive to work like this. LOL I practiced at home the night before, took the bottle with me, and had a fellow teacher help me get it up. I had to take it down at the end of the day to go back home. :)

How does it stay? Well, really, it's just the tension between the bottle and the head. Your hair is pulled tight around the bottle and tied off (you can see my scrunchi) and the bottle is forced between the hair tie and your head and just kind of... stays. At least, it did for me thanks to my copious amounts of very thick hair! :)

Thanks for the compliments. ;) I'm a pretty fun teacher, if I do say so myself. You should see some of my outfits for the rest of the week! On If I Ran the Circus day, I was dressed up in complete mime outfit and makeup. :)

spidermom
March 13th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Priceless; I love it!

gretchen_hair
March 13th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I love it and I know why the kids did too, it's super cool. :D