PDA

View Full Version : Hair accident-better now.

LadyG
March 6th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Well, a few weeks ago I wanted to get rid of all my ugly brown dye. I had 3 inches of virgin growth, and was ready to go. I knew the risks, having read about it on the boards.
But it was still a eye opening experience.
I had a friend come over and help, so glad she was here. We strand tested and had a pale blond color. So, we applied the L'oreal color remover....... and I had a head full of day glow yellow. My hair felt like straw. I laughed while she was here (crying on the inside).
We went to the store and picked up a box of ash blond wash out dye, no peroxide, and it did nothing. Went back to the store and bought a box of ash brown dye, and turned bright orange red.
So, the next day I called my hair dresser, cried like a baby when I got there, who bless her soul fixed the color. she didn't use a fixative so it's washing out every time I wash my hair, but that's ok. She said I can come back in about a month and she'll use a more permanent color.
This weekend I found a routine that works for making my hair soft and managable, and got rid of my velcro straw ends.
I washed with Nature's gate shampoo and used Hask Placenta.
Air dried, applied sweet almond oil and a recipe I found on here for a leave in hair creame (can't remember the name). My hair felt like straw. And I realized I forgot my conditioner.
I had bought V05 conditioner tea therapy for 88cents (on sale - I bought 4) and decided to try it. It worked! Perfectly! Soft, silky hair. No velcro ends, and no major shedding.
So, I am going to add the sweet almond oil and the hair cream to the conditioner and do it as a one step process.
I have learned Bleaching your hair is EVIL. Never again. I am so blessed that I was here, and had learned from everyone here how to care for my hair, and had access to all this information. If not, I would probably had my hair cut off.
My heartfelt thanks to the people who run this place, you are irreplaceable. And the people who care enough to learn and share and post, I'm tearing up as I write this thank you for being here.
I never knew how much my hair contributes to who I am, and you-all have helped me save my hair- a huge part of who I am.:grouphug:

Cirafly24
March 7th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I'm glad it turned out all right!

Avital88
March 7th, 2011, 12:41 AM
I'm glad you learned your lesson about bleaching, i had this experience a multiple times too so i know how frustrating it is.

Now i can finally stay away from dye and such :) it took a while.happy growing!

hanne jensen
March 7th, 2011, 12:56 AM
So sorry to hear about your hair experience. You've learned your lesson, right?

I'm very happy for you that you've found a routine to save your hair. Stick with it if it works. No experimenting! To further save your precious hair, you might benefit from reading Nightshade's article on growing out damaged hair.

Happy Growing!

UltraBella
March 7th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Thank goodness it ended up okay ! You had a bit of a disaster on your hands and that is always a terrible feeling !!!

LadyG
March 7th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Thank you for all the well wishes. I truly appreciate them.

NouvelleNymphe2
March 7th, 2011, 07:57 AM
aww i really understand how you feel, i have had many disasters and am so so thankful for finding this site. i too never realized just how important my hair was to my identity, but it really is. i wish you the best. take good care of your hair, i'm sure you'll eventually have healthy long hair, happy growing:flowers:

LunaMoon
March 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Hi LadyG, I am sorry that happenend with your hair. I had the same experience 1 year ago, but I bleached my hair by mistake, thinking was doing a protein treatment, by advice of a "friend" in China - I don't read Chinese. Weird the bleach didn't smell like bleach... Well It is in the past.
Good you found fast good products to repair the damage... So bad I didn't know about LCH 1 year ago!
Regards from Paris!

HeatherG
March 7th, 2011, 03:23 PM
So sorry to hear about your bleaching indecent! I have also experienced the evils of bleaching when I decided I wanted to go from bright red to blonde and my hair dresser bleached my hair 5 times to get me blonde, leaving me with major hair loss and my hair feeling like straw I was crying in the salon at the amount of hair that was falling to the ground with every brush of the comb. When I go home and washed my hair for the first time I was devastated it didn't even feel like hair it felt like mush, and when my hair was dry it was lifeless, fly away, and soo dry even my friends were commenting on how bad it was. (Previous I had really down to my butt long shinny red hair) I then found a product that saved my life and has brought my hair to a complete 180 with John Frieda's damage control shampoo and conditioner it's a grey bottle and only costs five bucks per bottle. I had previously tried used a $30 dollar shampoo and $30 conditioner for a hair salon THAT DID NOTHING. And this five dollar miracle brought my hair to life, it feels like real hair again, has amazing shine and is so soft. Please try this product, I promise you won't look back

Rocket22
March 7th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your bleaching story, I know this story to well myself. I'm glad things are working out :)