PDA

View Full Version : The difference between body wash and shampoo

getoffmyskittle
March 6th, 2011, 11:27 AM
... what is it?

I forgot to bring my shampoo home with me and I don't want to buy more, so I'm wondering if I can wash my hair with my Pure & Natural body wash. :p

akka naeda
March 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
... what is it?

I forgot to bring my shampoo home with me and I don't want to buy more, so I'm wondering if I can wash my hair with my Pure & Natural body wash. :p

I've used body wash a couple if times when I'd run out of shampoo. I'd guess if you're not intending to use it regularly then it's probably OK. It got my hair quite clean, and didn't seem to leave any coating on it.

spidermom
March 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
The last time I used a body wash for my hair, it left a coating that made my hair rather icky. Yours might not; it's probably worth a try. If it leaves an icky coating, you might use diluted dishwashing liquid. I've used it in a pinch a few times; it worked pretty well.

getoffmyskittle
March 6th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks! I'm just going to go for it.

Beatnik Guy
March 6th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Shampoo is more expensive (generally). :rolleyes:

ETA : I have not tried body wash on hair, but detergent is detergent?

MissEarlGrey
March 6th, 2011, 02:42 PM
There is probably not much of a difference. My SO uses Pure and Natural Peppermint and Rosemary for both a hair and body wash and he's never complained.

HintOfMint
March 6th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Philosophy does a shampoo and body wash combination, so I don't think there's much of a difference. There are probably some body washes that could leave a residue, but there are shampoos that do very much the same thing. There are also some body washes that are more alkaline than the average shampoo but there are some very harsh shampoos out there as well.

Check out the ingredients and experiment.

getoffmyskittle
March 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Well, I did it. My hair seems fine. :shrug: