PDA

View Full Version : your Priority

orangeskye
March 5th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I was talking to a friend yesterday and telling her about how i had just gotten the the rook of my ear pierced
( http://www.tattooculture.ro/Piercing_Pictures/Ear/Rook_Ear_Piercing_Pictures.jpg )
and she said "Oh! i had something similar pierced, but it got caught in my wedding veil, and i had take it out."

When she said that i was thinking "uh.. if it came down to a veil I'm wearing once ever.. and an earring i like.. I'd rip the veil, keep the piercing!"

but later that day i realized my hair is starting to break over my other ear, from catching on a different earring
(an industrial http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_K8-rNSYVP90/TEiwneQ_SrI/AAAAAAAAABQ/ChgrelH1kx0/s1600/IMG_8275.jpg )
and general abuse that comes with not paying attention to the pulling the piercing can cause and whatnot, and i realized that i might take it out, because it's causing hair breakage.

Sooo my question is.. where is that line for you?
*I* would rip my wedding veil, to preserve a piercing, but consider taking another out because it is damaging my hair. What would you do? save the veil? save the hair? save the piercing? somewhere in between?

tanya222
March 5th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Hmm, can you keep the hair away from it? *I* would religiously keep my hair up and away from it, even resorting to bobby pins or even some pretty hairclips on that side to be sure it stays away from the ear... and very cool piercing BTW! Good luck!

BusyBeeMommy
March 5th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Have you tried different earrings to see if its just that particular one snagging the hair?

I'd probably look at every avenue to keep my hair safe just short of getting rid of the piercing. If the damage continued and I couldn't find a solution I might get rid of it and pierce something else fun in lieu of it to keep my hair intact.

Arctic_Mama
March 5th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I like my piercings, but I'd either choose a different piece of jewelry or save my hair. It's a long time growing to allow preventable damage, for me. The veil would be toast :lol:

orangeskye
March 5th, 2011, 11:53 PM
it's definitely the type of piercing, it constantly catches the hair, i have a tuft behind that ear from the piercing, I've had it for ages, and I'm used to living with the broken hair, i just thought it was a funny thought, how some people would do ANYTHING for one thing and meh at the other.. ya know? :)
it would be a lot of effort to bobby pin/hair clippy the hair away from the piercing at this point, i really think I'd have to let it go and let the hair heal :S I'm probably just going to deal with breakage :P i like my bling ><

Mesmerise
March 5th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Like you, I doubt I'd care about the wedding veil (or if I was really worried I'd maybe temporarily take out the earring for my wedding day if I had to), but I would definitely care more about my hair! A wedding veil is for ONE day, and a hair is well... for a lot longer!!

That being said, I'd see if I could find a way around it without taking my earring out. I sometimes get hair caught behind one of my earrings (not as cool as yours, it's just a regular piercing at the top of my ear I've had for almost 20 years lol... back when that was about as radical as ear piercings really got), but it's never caused my hair too much damage.

enfys
March 6th, 2011, 04:38 AM
My hair wraps arund my conch most washes, so I spend extra time washing carefully by there. I can't firgure out how a rook would get caught on anything; mine is too tucked away!

My piercings would stay even if my hair caught, but that's not a problem for me with any of mine.

pepperminttea
March 6th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Providing I'd bought the veil rather than borrowed it, I wouldn't worry about tearing it. Hair, however... I think I'd try different earrings to try and avoid damage, but if I couldn't find a solution, I'd choose hair over it and maybe let myself get a piercing somewhere else to make up for it. :D