PDA

View Full Version : Double helix waves!

Katze
June 12th, 2008, 12:36 AM
...anyone else ever get these, lazily spiraling down from otherwise-not-so-curly hair?

I don't know what I did, washed Mon afternoon and put it up for sports. Have misted a lot and used some aloe and hair gel mixed for the frizzies. Haven't used 'cones in a few weeks, which may be the culprit

Yesterday (Wed) when I got home from work (hair half-up; length tucked into coat as it was raining on and off) I had the most incredible *double helix* waves on both sides! They spiraled around each other in perfect symmetry, but with "space" between (my length is still thin). GREAT hair day!

For now, I think my hair is at its happiest and best when worn mostly down; today, day 3 after washing, is braid day.

Now if only I can figure out what to do to get these kind of waves to come earlier and stay later! :cheese:

Jae6
June 12th, 2008, 01:33 AM
oh i love when my hair plays nice! my hair spirals in front and looks best in its preferred climate, which is also a climate i hate--warm & humid/tropical. and all my other waves behave as well. so i get spiral curls and banana curls...still w/ a straight layer underneath it all LOL

thanks for reminding me why i like summer. =)

Riot Crrl
June 12th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I used to just have one spiral (or two) happen randomly in a blue moon. Now my whole hair is curly!

What helped me was getting rid of the sulfates and cones. Also stretching days between getting it wet doesn't do a thing for mine, it demands a steady diet of water and conditioner.

tiny_teesha
June 12th, 2008, 02:41 AM
occasionally when conditions are favourable for ample waves the 2 pieces of hair on either side of my face CURL, as in a curl. But it is extremely loose. But isn't that what waves are? Loose curls?
Anyways, i love them, i love curls :)

China Cat Sunflower
June 12th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I love getting those random spirals. I got a nice hair compliment because of it the ohter day. I was shopping and it was hot so my hair was curlier than ever and the lady asked me if I did anything to get my hair to look like that. I said, yeah the weather does it. It's funny though cuz I will have straight hair underneath it all :)

jesamyn
June 12th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Sounds so cool! I like it when I visit more humid areas sometimes. I'm so used to dry air that I wear my hair up, but the tendrils that find their way out go all curly on me. I love the look.

Fencai
June 12th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I get waves, but not spirals.

Today- I got the "bad girl curl" in front when I put my hair up in a pony tail! LOL! look out office! Im on the move!

ColoradoDreamer
June 14th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I get those occasionally too, especially in the hair around my face. They usually show up for me when I allow my hair to air dry without messing with it too much. I've been calling these my "wurlies." Never thought about the double helix analogy (and must admit I had to wallow that around in my brain awhile before I remembered what a double helix is!) but that is a pretty accurate way to describe these spirals!