PDA

View Full Version : thinking of switching to blunt cut for fine hair??

feb26
March 5th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Hi, my hair is now officially approx 23/24inches (2inches past BSL on me) Am thinking in April of going for a trim, general clean up. I currently have layers, no bangs and the back is cut into a graduated horsehoe cut (round rather than blunt shape). I have fine hair with a little bit of coarse texture. I want to keep the layers -they are long and I love how they feel when I walk, like wings. Q: would a blunt cut suit my hair?? I really wanted to do tapered ends (they're v popular in Vancouver BC where I live right now)-but my Mom pointed out they would make my fine hair look even thinner. I'm thinking of going to a blunt cut as it would hopefully look my fine hair look thicker and be easier to deal with when doing updos/braids. I'm also hopeful this would result in less tangles, as the ends seem to be tangling. Thanks for yr input!!

luxepiggy
March 5th, 2011, 06:12 PM
My hair isn't fine, but it is on the thin side, and I wear it with a blunt hemline because I like the way it makes my hair look thicker (^(oo)^)v

frizzinator
March 5th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I prefer a blunt hemline, but my fine hair tends to break easily, so I have different lengths of hair anyway even though it is not layered.

The ever present broken hairs may be the reason why I have the same amount of tangles with a blunt cut as I had with layered hair.

I've kept my hair at the same length for 3 years in order to thicken my hemline, but my hair doesn't look any better nor does it have fewer tangles. I really thought the thicker hemline would make a difference at least in the way my hair looks, but frankly, it doesn't make any difference except that I need longer hair accessories.

ericthegreat
March 5th, 2011, 06:28 PM
A blunt cut will thicken up any kind of hair whether it be fine or thick, so yes it would look great on you if you did cut your ends even. However as you also have layers currently, and I assume you don't want to lose too much length you should tell your stylist that you don't want to cut all the way to the top of the shorter layers, that you only want to thicken up the bottom.

tinywife
March 5th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I agree that blunt hem makes fine hair look thicker. I could never pull off fairytale ends, it just looks fried.