PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay someone to S&D for you?

Kherome
March 5th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I was thinking today, how tedious S&D is. I thought, boy, wouldn't it be great if there was a place you could go and pay someone to do it for you? I am pretty sure I would be more than happy to pay someone to go through my hair and snip my splits for me LOL

lw8666
March 5th, 2011, 04:24 PM
That would be amazing!! I would definitely pay someone!

DTsgirl
March 5th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Absolutely. I hate s & d, but it's so nice to clean up the splits in the length.

Madora
March 5th, 2011, 04:41 PM
The george Michael salon in NYC does S and D!

sibiryachka
March 5th, 2011, 04:58 PM
My fantasy is to form an S&D co-op or club. For every hour spent working on someone else, you'd earn an hour of someone working on you.
I also totally would pay someone to do it, within reason.

RancheroTheBee
March 5th, 2011, 05:13 PM
My fantasy is to form an S&D co-op or club. For every hour spent working on someone else, you'd earn an hour of someone working on you.
I also totally would pay someone to do it, within reason.

That's a FABULOUS idea. I'm actually a little surprised it doesn't exist (to my knowledge).

jaine
March 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I would totally pay someone for that, although I don't seem to need it yet at my length - I'm sure I will someday. Preferably it if comes in a package with an organic manicure and pedicure :D

lindaton
March 5th, 2011, 05:55 PM
No way! That is one thing I dont and wont do. Not for me.

Linda

redwoman
March 5th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I personally do not trust anyone with scissors near my hair. I would be too afraid.

lacefrost
March 5th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Definitely. But only if they had healthy hip+ hair. Because I know that they're as skittish of scissors as I am!

HuggyBear
March 5th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Nope. I like doing it. It's kind of like a stress reliever for me and I don't trust anyone besides my mom with scissors near my hair. I doubt I could pay her enough to do for me.:)

MandyBeth
March 5th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I'd go for the co-op idea. My hair is full of bad ends, but I can't see them as my hair is too short. Plus, much nicer to be pampered for a bit!

Arya
March 5th, 2011, 06:36 PM
This sounds like something you could get a seven year old girl to do for a cookie. If you have total trust in that seven year old girl.

Emerald88
March 5th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Absolutely! It is so time consuming. I wish there was a GM salon close to me as I would love to go.

ericthegreat
March 5th, 2011, 06:54 PM
No I wouldn't. I do a great job of S&Ding my ends by myself, so I'd much rather save my money for eating out. When I do spend money on my hair, I go all out by getting it professionally colored and cut at the salon.

julliams
March 5th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I'm with Eric on this one. I find it totally relaxing and it's something I do late at night when I'm getting ready for bed. I would save my money for other things.

Jcv-Shelley
March 5th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Since my hair is short and layered I would be way to scared to have anyone with scissors near me :hatchet:

BlueMuse
March 6th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I've paid to have it done before, right before my wedding. She was a friend of my husband's family and was very nice to do it for 20$. Can't say I really noticed any difference though.

Avital88
March 6th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I would actually rather pay someone to stay away from my hair :D

Mesmerise
March 6th, 2011, 03:17 AM
S&D is honestly something I'd only trust myself to do! For starters, it's not easy to find those splits! I need to be in the right light (I usually sit outdoors to do it in the sun for starters, as it's hard to find splits in the wrong lighting), and I don't have THAT many splits. I wouldn't trust someone to not just chop a few too many just to seem as if they're doing something!!

I guess if I had more hair and more splits it would be different. Then again, if I had THAT many splits, I'd rather get an inch cut off the ends as I'd freak out if I had too many!!

pepperminttea
March 6th, 2011, 03:54 AM

I love this idea, especially with another longhair who's just as worried as I am about others being scissor-happy.

LadyCelestina
March 6th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Oooh,no!I would be afraid that instead of split-free hair IŽll end up with a "trim" which later becomes a "cut" .:rolleyes:

leoninnu
March 6th, 2011, 04:18 AM
It would have to be a very throughout S&D for me to pay. But in theory if a hairdresser I could totally trust would offer S&D I just might take up on that offer. I don't usually mind doing it myself but sometimes it gives me a headache. I would also love the idea mentioned before about S&D'ing each others hair club. Maybe I could start from my BF :D

enfys
March 6th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Nope. I like doing it as I keep track of my splits. It there are a lot in one place I know to dust there, or to trim all over. I can see how deep the splits are to know if I am leaving it too long.

If my eyesight or hands go I would reconsider but for now I want to do it.

GRU
March 6th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Co-op idea: get enough folks together to sit in a circle, front to back, and everyone can S&D the person in front of them while the person behind them does their hair.

You could S&D ten heads of hair all at the same time! :lol:

Phexlyn
March 6th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I definitely would, if
a) I could afford it and
b) I could be sure that my hair would be virtually split-free afterwards - and I have A LOT of split ends!

autumn_aqua
March 6th, 2011, 09:53 PM
I love the co-op idea, I've often wished I had fellow longhairs in my circle to trade S and D services with.

McFearless
March 6th, 2011, 10:05 PM
LHC meets should have an hour dedicated to S&Ding eachothers hair. That would be great. No one would have to fear scissor happy stylists.

UltraBella
March 7th, 2011, 01:01 AM
The only S&D my hair has ever had was from a stylist several years ago. I wanted a large trim to remove split ends, she suggested a smaller trim and then a good S&D session. It didn't cost much more overall and she spent quite a while doing it. She was great !

baaaad_kitty
March 7th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Oh yes. As of now I'm very tempted to ask one of my sorority sisters to do it for me! LOL They'd get braiding and brushing from me in return. It puts some of them to sleep

lajsa
March 7th, 2011, 03:37 PM
If it was someone I trusted, then yes I'd pay for it. I rarely S&D on my own just because it's completely impossible to find those little buggers when I actively seek them. On the bus or at school, however, I see them the moment I glance down at my ends. :p

jojo
March 7th, 2011, 06:52 PM
A salon near me does it, however this same salon didnt know what "please trim my waist length hair to bsl" (i used finger pointers) and came out with a cross between a very short bob and a pixie, so I wouldnt trust them! but my daughter loves doing it for a bag of haribo's :) though even them I am like a cat on hot bricks!

curlymarcia
March 7th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I would pay for S&D for sure! My ends are not that bad but I don't S&D often. If someone else could pay for it, I will S&D more often :)

Kaijah
March 7th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I must be weird... I like doing S&D, I kind of find it relaxing, even when I spend more time searching than destroying... Though I do tend to do it while "watching" TV or listening to music.

I guess I should start a salon...? :laugh:

akuamoonmaui
March 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Nope. No can do. (I know there are lovely, caring hairdressers on this site).

Jeno86
March 8th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't. I really don't trust anyone other than myself and my mother when it comes to doing anything with my hair.

MandyBeth
March 8th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I must be weird... I like doing S&D, I kind of find it relaxing, even when I spend more time searching than destroying... Though I do tend to do it while "watching" TV or listening to music.

I guess I should start a salon...? :laugh:

If you do, I'll come visit :)

IcarusBride
March 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't... Just not worth it to me. I feel I do well enough on my own.
You know what I really wish I had someone else to do for me though, is wash my back. Its such a pain in the rear to try and wash between my shoulders even with the loofa-on-a-stick thing, it drives me nuts!

KLin
March 8th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I like the co-op trim club idea. I would pay or I would be willing to S&D in return. Maybe with a scalp massage and cup of coffee or tea.

Ok maybe I spend too much time with my children and would love adult company with some pampering inbetween.:)

aurorabridge
March 9th, 2011, 03:36 PM
From the other side, I would gladly S&D for someone. A little extra cash and the chance to admire gorgeous hair up close? I'm in.