PDA

View Full Version : Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment by Coppola

my2cats1
March 5th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Does anyone have any experience with this in-salon smoothing treatment that lasts 3-4 months? It is described as far less damaging that the Japanese straightening system that came out a few years ago. I'm suspicious, but also a bit curious.

http://www.keratincomplex.com/

TIA!

jlo8937
December 3rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
I was wondering the same thing. The before and after pictures I seen look very convincing but when I seen the cost I about choked.

ademtce
December 3rd, 2011, 09:06 PM
they are unsafe for you health as well. almost all, even if they say they don't, contain levels of formaldehyde that are proven to be carcinogenic.

cheetahfast
December 4th, 2011, 06:36 AM
they are unsafe for you health as well. almost all, even if they say they don't, contain levels of formaldehyde that are proven to be carcinogenic.

+1

I had a similar treatment done (keratin) and my hair does not curl the same anymore. I don't mind it, but others would.

I wouldn't do it again for health reasons and since now I like my curls.

Oksana
December 4th, 2011, 07:03 AM
I had a keratin treatment. Lovely results for a month or so, then the ends of my hair looked like i had fried them with a straightening iron and over a year on i still haven't got my natural texture back. Steer well clear!

gthlvrmx
September 5th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Hmm my friend got it done and the moment i saw it i was like "unhealthy". Of course she never listens to me even after my methods from LHC really helped her, shell go on doing these things. I seriously don't get it with all these treatments and things for straight hair and all that jazz that isn't that healthy for you or the hair....why?? Her hair not mine though, whatever.
I was just curious what it really does to the hair like how these ingredients react in the hair but i haven't found much. I know it has silicones.