PDA

View Full Version : Longhair Missed Connections

faeriewings
March 4th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Has anybody ever seen someone with long hair and wondered if they went on LHC? It's happened to me a few times, like today in yoga.

I'm not crazy, am I?

krissykins
March 4th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Yes, this happens all the time! I saw a girl in my school library yesterday with tailbone length hair that looked like it was henna red, and I wanted to be like, "LHC???"

But we were in an elevator together, and I did not want to make that awkward.

Smile4Kiki
March 4th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Yup I have! On Wednesday I was hanging around before class and a guy with knee length dread locks walked by... uhh-maze-ing.. I couldn't help but stare and then I was like "hmmm wonder if he's an lhc-er." So no you're not crazy

PrincessTieflin
March 4th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I was thinking this too . Yesterday I was at the store and the girl in front of me had what I call a LHC inspired braid LOL. and it was held with a Fiaccare that was the first fiaccare I have ever seen in real life..

I wanted to ask but worried she would think I was a bit odd.

elbow chic
March 4th, 2011, 06:32 PM
yup, bartender at the corner bar-- salt and pepper, classic-length. I told her her hair was awesome and she laughed that she gets it caught in drawers all the time.

CarpeDM
March 4th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Every once in a while I will see someone with long hair and wonder...do they know about LHC?

Red_Wednesday
March 4th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Yes, I do all of the time. I used to ask people with gorgeous long hair if they were on LHC...most just looked at me all pie-eyed...I don't ask any more.:D

julliams
March 4th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I think that all the time but especially when I see more complex updos. I've never asked anyone though.

Lianna
March 4th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Not really because in my country most have long hair, but if I see someone with a ficcare or flexi8, I'll surely have second thoughts!

ALYSSA
March 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM
haha yes all the tiime ! waist length or longer is common where i live n lot of girls (and some boys) show signs of LHC members... lik the way the handle their hair n care for it i always want to ask! theres a girl in one of classes with the most to die for hair ever and one day se got choppy layers n her hair was in the fromt (towards her chest ) and i sit behind her and ionly saw her very top layer and thought she cut it i almost cried! and i would of if she didnt immediatly put her hair back to where i can see the length. ut anyways yes i always swonder that at least 4 times a day

Dragon
March 5th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Only once I have ever wondered that.

myrrhmaiden
March 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Since moving to British Columbia, I think about this all the time. There are many more people with long hair here than anywhere else I have been. Waist is not very uncommon and I have seen thigh and knee multiple times as well. I always want to ask, but never do. If I were confident it was indeed an LHC member, I may approach...

PineappleJello
March 5th, 2011, 09:52 AM
As someone mentioned before in a different thread I think we really need to come up with a saying that an lhc'er would know. Such as 'Hey are you a friend of *blank* you look familiar'

Or any saying that seems casual.

Monkey962
March 5th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Sadly, long hair isn't too common around here, so I've only ever wondered if a person is an LHCer only a handful of times. I have however, wondered if perhaps anyone recognized me. :P

LadyCelestina
March 5th, 2011, 10:16 AM
This happened to me,but with naturallycurly.There īs one girl that I think is following the CG method.I wonder whether she is on NC. Luckily I meet her everyday so I have plenty chances to ask in the future (once I get over the oddity of asking such things ) :cheese:

LadyCelestina
March 5th, 2011, 10:17 AM
As someone mentioned before in a different thread I think we really need to come up with a saying that an lhc'er would know. Such as 'Hey are you a friend of *blank* you look familiar'

Or any saying that seems casual.
Are you a friend of Cheese ? You look familiar :cheese:

tinywife
March 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM

It's perfect! I say we adopt it.

PineappleJello
March 5th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Cheese is good. If they gave a strange look just say, ' ..uh... nickname :) '

Rocket22
March 5th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Or someone could say are you familiar with LHC and if they are members they would know what that stands for and if not we wouldn't sound creepy asking if they were a member of a hair forum :)

rocket_surgeon
March 5th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Cheese is good. If they gave a strange look just say, ' ..uh... nickname :) '
The funny thing is that I know somebody whose nickname is "Cheese" and has quite incredible long hair. The nickname predates LHC, though, I'm afraid.

LadyCelestina
March 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM
...But what if there actually is a "Cheese Friends" food club or something?:eyebrows: And that certain person you ask is a member? That might end up in a rather cheesy discussion! :D

1953Diygal
March 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM
There is a parent at my school who has gorgeous salt and pepper classic length hair with a couple of tiny braids that go down to her knees. I need to talk to her about LHC. Someday I will. I tend to blog about my classroom life (changing names to protect the innocent, of course) and I kind of like having this site as my little hidey-hole.

I told a lady who was in line in front of me at Rite Aid about this site. She had gorgeous classic length hair and worked at a hair salon across the street!!! She sounded interested.

I dunno...maybe I'm too forward, but I have no problem talking to strangers about this site or talking to cashiers at the drugstore about CO washing or Monistat on our hair. Not once have I thought "Oh, I'm too embarrassed." Really and truly....nobody will think you're weird!!! And if they do, well *poof!* They wouldn't like it here anyway. hee hee.

anodyne_ame
March 6th, 2011, 04:28 AM
I'm pretty sure there's only a handful of members here from my country, so I probably don't miss that many connections. There are a lot of long-haired people in my country though (or maybe I pay more attention to them after joining LHC) Just the other day though, I was fiddling with my ponytail in the bus and thinking how funny it would be to read the long-hair sighting thread and go "hey that's me!" :D

chrissy-b
March 7th, 2011, 01:45 PM
About fifteen minutes ago I saw a woman with a super thick braid down to her tailbone pushing a stroller down Duval St (near my house). She has to be a member here!

enfys
March 7th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I think most of us tend to wear our hair up, hiding the length. If I saw some hair toys from an American seller worn here I might get my suspicions aroused, but generally I think if I can see how long their hair is, they probably aren't a member.

faeriewings
March 12th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Yes. I so should ask my longhaired substitute teacher if she's a friend of cheese.

Debra83
March 12th, 2011, 12:56 AM
I think most of us tend to wear our hair up, hiding the length. If I saw some hair toys from an American seller worn here I might get my suspicions aroused, but generally I think if I can see how long their hair is, they probably aren't a member.

Some of us wear our hair down all the time!!! :D

Cirafly24
March 12th, 2011, 01:10 AM

This would be great...except I live in Wisconsin.

We're all friends of cheese! :D

Natalia
March 12th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Yes! Ive been doing thismore and more recently as ive been seeing more longhairs "in the wild". It used ot be a rare occurance so it as less tempting now if i see someone i generally say "i hope this isnt weird/awkward compliment but i love your hair!" I have yet to see anyone with such a destinctive LHC look (like a less known bun or toy) to make me brave enough to ask. I complimented 3 longhairs (hip - tailbone lengths) this last wednessday alone! I really wish it were easier to spot "one of us" so to speak like some color coded braclet or something lol.

TiaKitty
March 12th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I think it a lot, and I often compliment gorgeous heads of hair... just a casual "Hey, great ponytail," or "I really like your hair!" When said with a cheerful smile, most people are pleasantly surprised to receive a compliment.

I've told people about LHC a couple of times, when they ask questions about how I keep my hair. Mostly I wind up telling older girls/young teens who express an interest in growing their hair long. I love that there is a resource like LHC that I can feel safe about directing a young'un to for information!!!

jackiesjottings
March 12th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Yep, me too :) I also wonder if anyone who is a member here has been mentioned in the long hair sighting thread?

enfys
March 12th, 2011, 10:08 AM

Of course there are exceptions, but in my windy, drab, wet climate I doubt much good would come of it :p

nereida
March 12th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hahaha I never wonder if I meet somebody who also has an account here, because unfortunately LHC isn't very popular in my country, because most of its citizens even when they know English and they know that the best tips, information and hair pictures they can find here, they are so lazy, because they don't want to translate everything into Polish. Lol. I know what I am talking about - I had the same "problem", but everything has changed in two seconds when I registered here <3

So when I see a girl/man with long, beautiful hair I can only ask myself - how much time it takes for the person to know about LHC. I deeply believe that one day the site will be known by all hair lovers all over the world

Lostsoule77
March 13th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I wonder this when I see someone with long hair in good shape, but I never ask. I think most of us do tend to wear it up more often (though I wear it down about once a week). Plus I'm pretty shy.

pariate
March 13th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Oh yes... Being in the UK I have a notion that there's even LESS chance that the people I bump into would be LHCers, but it doesn't stop me wondering ;)

skyblue
March 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I wonder all the time, I haven't seen anyone with the type of up do's I know most of us wear so, I figure when I do they have to be a member lol!! Most everyone just rolls and band with elastic

Tressie
April 1st, 2011, 09:00 PM
Yes, I do all of the time. I used to ask people with gorgeous long hair if they were on LHC...most just looked at me all pie-eyed...I don't ask any more.:D

Sorry for the hijack, but this was so cute, it made me chuckle! I know how you feel!:)

MeganE
April 1st, 2011, 10:56 PM
I saw a woman examining her ends for splits while in a waiting room in the doctor's office. I did ask if she was on LHC, but she said she wasn't. So I told her about it, and she seemed interested. She had really lovely hair.

Part of me wants to make a pin or a t-shirt or business cards or something to promote the magic so that everyone everywhere can have long, lovely, and gorgeous hair! Ridiculous I know, but wouldn't it be FUN!?!

And the other part of me also appreciates the semi-anonymity and somewhat close-knit feeling here. It's nice to see the same names over and over, can you imagine if LHC had a million members?!?! Scary to think about. The older members probably are already overwhelmed with the increase in members over the last few years. :)

bettylibertine
April 1st, 2011, 11:46 PM
I always wonder.. but not so sure if there are many of us in New Zealand :)

Marianne
April 2nd, 2011, 02:36 AM
I have wondered on occasion, whenever I see someone with particularly long hair.

I did actually meet someone from the boards purely by chance just a few months ago, at a mutual friend's birthday celebrations. I knew I recognised her from somewhere, and spent the better part of the day trying to work out why she looked so familiar to me. Then it hit me, and I asked her outright if she used to be a member here, which she was. It was pretty cool meeting another member that way.

fairystar32
April 2nd, 2011, 02:53 AM
Yep I do :)

Latte Lady
April 2nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Happens all the time!

sakuranoshin
April 2nd, 2011, 01:58 PM
I&#180;M allways seeing this women with GORGEOUS red hip legth hair, i&#180;m trying to find the guts to ask if she&#180;s a member
And at school there&#180;s a girl with black hip legth hair.
But i&#180;ve never seen anybody with hair longer than hip (in person)wich makes me wanna grow mine to classic legth :3

MoonlightShadow
April 2nd, 2011, 08:13 PM
i don't really know anyone here to ask myself that question :( but i have seen people who should probably visit the site :) or i've seen people who look like they may have gotten tips from here :)

lilravendark
April 3rd, 2011, 02:33 AM
today I was in Moe small town in Eastern Victoria and I saw an older lady with beautiful blonde hair to the back of her knees! and I wondered if she was on lhc too it only happens when I see super length hair, I havent seen many amazing braids out and about if I saw someone with a five strand or complicated updo I would be wondering too lol

jackiesjottings
April 3rd, 2011, 02:40 AM
I often wonder if people mentioned on the long hair sighting thread are also LHC'ers :)