PDA

View Full Version : Caruso Rollers Commercials

BrightEyes7
March 4th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I just found these old Caruso steam roller commercials/informercials. They both look like they are from the early 90s. Maybe even the 80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAQTZyD9qUM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VGoPitRwEk&feature=related

The first one is the infomercail, where you can call and order the caruso. I find it interesting that they are $60 and only come with 14 rollers, when today you can get one for $42 at Sally's and it comes with 30 rollers. I guess the manufacturing process may have changed.

And the second one... just priceless.

And of course here is the extending infomercial, with Celeste Caruso and her GORGEOUS hip+ length hair demonstrating the Caruso Steam Roller Molecular hair setter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgUVTa0mA1A&feature=related

I'm so excited, I'm getting a Caruso next week when I get paid. I've been thinking about it for a while, because it is a bit pricey. But the more I've been thinking about it the more I'm convinced I want one! So obviously I was looking for technique videos so I'm ready!:p

So, how do all of you love you Caruso? Or how many are like me and just counting down the days until you can get your hands on one?

And what a great idea! Using the steamer portion as a facial steamer!

Enjoy!

Rocket22
March 4th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I love mine! I don't have the hang of it completely, there are different ways to roll to get different curls, but think the longer the hair the prettier the curls are or least it's more forgiving. I haven't used heat on my hair now since December 2010and that is huge for me so yay for Caruso Rollers!

Debra83
March 4th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I think they don't use salt anymore.

brunette
March 4th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks so much for sharing! I have only watched the Celeste one so far and it was fab :D

I have been quite interested in Caruso steam rollers since Ultrabella sang their praises. Not sure if they sell them here in the UK but I don't think so. I actually bid on and won a set of a similar product yesterday, the Vidal Sassoon Hair Hydration Ionic steam curler system, I got it secondhand but unused for £12 including shipping! I will report back on how well they do :D
Meanwhile I will be browsing the videos of Caruso rollers in action!

BrightEyes7
March 4th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I think they don't use salt anymore.

Yes. The new system does not require salt.

I too have been trying to give up heat, but sometimes I want to have curly super model hair. I can't wait to get my Caruso next week... I keep telling DBF, but he doesn't really care!:rolleyes:

I've seen the Caruso on Sally's webiste and Amazon... not sure if they ship to the UK.

BusyBeeMommy
March 5th, 2011, 08:54 AM
I'm dying to see all of your results. I'm desperate for my wavy hair to be curly, but refuse to buy an iron and can't sleep on curlers (ouch!)

I may have to make this my belated anniversary gift ;)