PDA

View Full Version : Okay,this WILL sound weird!

LadyCelestina
March 4th, 2011, 07:38 AM
...My hair changes colours.Really.Atleast it seems so.

Does it happen sometimes to you? Like you have a mirror in your bathroom.You go there everyday,look at your hair everyday under the same lighting...And then one day you notice your hair seems darker.Then after some time,you look closer - it seems lighter.Then your hair just dried and while you are brushing your teeth in the bathroom it looks - red!While others day it looks just plain normal :D

Okay,I know itīs probably just me and my hair looks the same,but itīs certainly interesting to see what colour it might look ! :)
So far with my natural colour I kept going lighter/ darker,I got golden undertones from time to time,and once my brown hair looked RED :-D
As with my dyed hair,I get lighter,darker,more red or more orange,sometimes even brown with just subtle red hint.

And you ? :)

CarpeDM
March 4th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Yes, this happens to me too! Especially when I take pictures, my hair can look all sorts of different colors, sometimes dark brown, light brown, red, blonde or a mixture...

Theobroma
March 4th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Oh yes, that would be me. I no longer really know what my exact hair colour is, because it varies from dark gold to a deep, almost-black brown depending on the light!

LadyCelestina
March 4th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Yes, this happens to me too! Especially when I take pictures, my hair can look all sorts of different colors, sometimes dark brown, light brown, red, blonde or a mixture...

Oooh,even blonde? :D That must be really interesting!

jackiesjottings
March 4th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Oh yes! Sometimes my hair looks really red, sometimes golden or blonde, and other times a sort of muddy colour depending on the light. In reality it is going silver strawberry blonde.

littlenvy
March 4th, 2011, 08:05 AM
All the time.
It totally depends on how dry (lighter) or moist (medium) or greasy/oiled (dark) my hair is. My hair also goes mega light with just a little bit of sun and dark without the sun.

Hue wise, it depends on what product I use. If I do oil shampoo its usually more brownish/redish. If I do a CO wash then its mostly golden. :)

Fufu
March 4th, 2011, 08:07 AM
It happens to me too, sometimes it looks darker, sometimes it looks so much lighter.

kitschy
March 4th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Totally happens to me. My hair is pretty gray, but it can look ash blond, golden, reddish and/or light brown.

Sheltie_Momma
March 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Yes, I have dark auburn/brown hair but when it's needing moisture it looks very orange - when it is happy it looks darker.

Kaeita
March 4th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Mine can look different too - sometimes blonde, sometimes brown, sometimes red tones, sometimes grey tones (it looks like a dark/coal grey today, not a good look on me!). I prefer the lighter colours.

Interestingly, my eyes change colour regularly, often several times a day. They're usually a mixed hazel-ish colour, of varying shades, but have also been pure green, grey, yellow and brown. The ring around my iris changes colour too too. It used to be a fun party game, watching my eyes change colour. Only slightly more interesting than watching paint dry, I'm sure!

Ais
March 4th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Interestingly, my eyes change colour regularly, often several times a day. They're usually a mixed hazel-ish colour, of varying shades, but have also been pure green, grey, yellow and brown. The ring around my iris changes colour too too. It used to be a fun party game, watching my eyes change colour. Only slightly more interesting than watching paint dry, I'm sure!

This happens to me too! Also depends on what colours I'm wearing, the contrast can make them bright green or a chestnut kind of colour. I have central heterochromia in one iris too, and that part changes colour independantly :D

Back on the original topic, my hair is forever changing colour. I love that though, gives me variety without needing dyes! It's funny though, sometimes people can describe me as blackhaired one day, then comment on how blonde I'm becoming the next :p

pepperminttea
March 4th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Oh definitely. My hair's mid-brown post-wash, more brown with auburn highlights the next day, and then dark brown on my oily days. It also looks much more auburn in sunlight.

charalito
March 4th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Hey, me too!

Both my hair and my eyes change colour depending on what I'm wearing and the lighting. Hair is strawberry blond and can be blond, gold, orange, reddish and even light brown. Eyes are olive green, but sometimes they can be seen as grey (and I had that discussion with my mother: why did she put grey eyes in my underage passports when CLEARLY my eyes are green?)

Intransigentia
March 4th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Me too! I think of my hair as being medium to dark brown, but if you look in my album, you'll see shots from almost strawberry-blond to mahogany/burgundy to coffee-brown. Even odder is that my progress pictures I try to take always under teh same lighting, with the same camera settings, and even wearing the same colour, and even then my hair can look different colours.

LadyCelestina
March 4th, 2011, 12:31 PM
This makes me ask - What colour is your hair TODAY,lovelies? :)

Mine is a dark and deep purplish red colour today.Itīs one of the days when I notice the hair colour change...Kind of like it!:D
For comparation,normally itīs a medium reddishorangebrown sort of ...thing.:p

hayesa
March 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Mine does indeed seem to change colour. In fact, I and most other people have trouble saying what my hair colour is. Some days it looks nearly black, others it's very light brown approaching ginger, and sometimes it's chestnut coloured. It's very strange, and I've had people ask me if I dyed overnight.

I think it must be heavily dependent on the lighting, though. A little bit like eyes seem to change colour depending on what you wear, maybe?

CarpeDM
March 4th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Oooh,even blonde? :D That must be really interesting!

Yes even blonde, I've had these natural blond streaks on my sides that have been there ever since I can remember, must be left over from when I was a child and my hair was white blond :)

Roseate
March 4th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Definitely happens to me! And I know it's not just my eyes playing tricks, because I get asked "Hey, did you dye your hair? It looks different..." pretty often.

Right now it's pretty dark and dull. It's oiled and ready for a wash!

ScarlettAdelle
March 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Some days mine looks black, sometimes medium brown, it depends on how it's laying, how it was dried & the weather for me...

ravenreed
March 4th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Indoors my hair looks black with some red highlights. In outdoor lighting it looks more dark auburn and in the direct sun it is the color of black cherry jello.

Lianna
March 4th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I used to get that a lot, but then I lightened a little bit. So at least red it doesn't show anymore under certain lights. Nothing agaisnt red, but I had dyed it blonde, not red. Now it's just light brown or blonde, sometimes light brown with very subtle blonde streaks (I dyed over highlights).

On my natural hair would be dark ashy inside, light grey outside (it's that ashy), sometimes greenish inside too.

einna
March 4th, 2011, 02:40 PM
This happens to me a lot too! My hair has a warm undertone that often varies in strenght. Right now it looks light brown. Before that is was much more blond.
Over christmas my hair was seriously brown. Though I was away then, I still see it in pictures taken from that time. I had just cut away some lightish ends, and was experimenting a lot with routines and products (had just found LHC).

jaine
March 4th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Speaking of hair color changes ... my hair became a shade darker as soon as I stopped using SLS. I had a very noticeable grow-out line from that, even though it was all virgin hair!

narydaco
March 4th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Happens to me too! My hair can be all shades of brown from light to dark. It also shows lots of red highlights and sometimes blonde ones depending on the light. My eyes change color too. They are blue but can range from grey to green depending on what color my shirt is.

cinemax
March 4th, 2011, 04:47 PM
My hair definitely looks like it's different colors. I have a friend that says the same thing.:cool:

Zefyra
March 4th, 2011, 05:32 PM
My natural hair colour is the border between dark blonde and light brown. In the summer it looks strawberry, in the winter it looks almost mousy brown.. But there are little white hairs throughout too. And darker ones. And red ones. My hair is crazy... Haha

Cirafly24
March 4th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Yep, this definitely happens to me, especially in photos. In a lot of pictures, my hair has a definite red tone...however, there is actually very little red in it, my natural color is a very ashy light brown. It also changes with different lighting and different colored clothing

luxepiggy
March 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Totally normal! Remember, colour is all in our heads (literally) - our perception of colour is based on our brain's interpretation of the specific wavelengths of light that are perceived by the eye. . . that's all (^(oo)^)v

Nae
March 5th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Totally normal! Remember, colour is all in our heads (literally) - our perception of colour is based on our brain's interpretation of the specific wavelengths of light that are perceived by the eye. . . that's all (^(oo)^)v

You are so right!!! Isn't it fun to think that our hair color is just all in our heads?

My hair is hennaed and hennaed hair is just notorious for changing color in the light. It goes from black to auburn pretty rapidly depending upon the light and if I am back light? Whooooo boooy!! It is like a flame. I still can't get over it.

LunaMoon
March 5th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Same here, after washing my hair look lighter. I am quite sure that happens because I am not moisturing enough...

LadyCelestina
March 5th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Haha,you must be right,thanks for explanation!:D I never thought of it that way.

LadyCelestina
March 5th, 2011, 08:48 AM
You are so right!!! Isn't it fun to think that our hair color is just all in our heads?

My hair is hennaed and hennaed hair is just notorious for changing color in the light. It goes from black to auburn pretty rapidly depending upon the light and if I am back light? Whooooo boooy!! It is like a flame. I still can't get over it.
That henna streak in your hair has a really nice colour :) And to tell the truth-my hair is hennaed too and I absolutely love the fiery orange red it gets when standing in backlight. Sometimes when I want to make people notice my hair,I search for spots where light comes from the back on purpose :eyebrows:

PiroskaCicu
March 5th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Me too! My hair can look a few different colours depending on light and other factors.

- Dry hair = lighter
-Moist/oiled = very dark
-In Sunlight = golden reddish
-Indoor light = brown
-Dark = dark dark brown

Chamy
November 12th, 2011, 04:59 PM
This is me too! This was exactly what i was searching for. My hair changes from a mousy grey-dark-blonde, a light brown, and then to a golden-red.

What is up with our hair?

jacqueline101
November 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM
My changes colors through out the day.

Maraz
November 12th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Mine not only changes color when I wash it, inside, outside, and at different times of the day, when I look closely, I have just about every hair color, from translucent to jet black. I've even found some bright red hairs before, although most of it looks light brown.

Monkey962
November 12th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Absolutely. When wet it looks almost black, and in sunlight it looks dark blonde with some red in it. It's one of my favorite things about my hair.

sisi33
November 12th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Yeppers, that's my hair. I had a picture taken this summer and it looked... Blonde. I freaked out as my hair is nomally a medium brunette, and all I could think was, "DAMAGE! SMT, NOW!" But, I was just in REALLY direct sunlight, and my hair refected it very well- into a sort of blinding light! :D

dulce
November 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Yes!!When inside ,it looks light brown with some silver streaks,and outside in the sun, around the front of the head it looks almost all white .Definitely wierd!!Can't figure out what colour it is right now.

Amber_Maiden
November 12th, 2011, 07:07 PM
yep. All the time.

akuamoonmaui
November 12th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Happened to me, too when my hair wasn't "enhanced". I had someone comment that I dyed it and I hadn't. He just gave me a dirty look. It doesn't happen anymore now that I've hennaed.