PDA

View Full Version : Oh, dear.

EmmyNemmy
March 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
Okay, so there's this girl in my 4th period German class. Her hair is BSL- my goal length- and I used to be so jealous of how fast it grows. It literally went from shoulder length to its current length in about 4 months. Ridiculous! However, now she sits in front of me and I can see how damaged it is. Half of it is her natural color, and half is whatever she dyed it months ago. Plus, it's all split and frazzled at the ends. I've been taking pretty good care of my hair lately, and it's considerably softer and shinier than hers. The thing is, it grows so slowly in comparison. :(
Has anybody else ever been jealous of people who don't take care of their hair, yet still grow it faster than you? Or how about even wanting to give somebody advice on how to take care of their own locks? I wish I could introduce her to the lovely world of CWC, but I don't want to come off as rude. :p

lapushka
March 3rd, 2011, 04:39 PM
Unless you know her pretty well, I'd stay away from comments on her hair or looks in general. I wouldn't go there.

Madora
March 3rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Take comfort in the fact that your hair is in much better shape than hers! Way to go!

spidermom
March 3rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
I've definitely been jealous about somebody who had very long hair and didn't seem to appreciate it. With great annoyance, she told me "I'd cut it, but it doesn't do any good. It goes from shoulder length to this length (about hip I think) in a year." I wanted to strangle her! (not literally)

I think she was exaggerating, but still annoying.

Don't offer advice. If she wants some, she'll ask.

AnnaJamila
March 3rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
Haha, this happened today! I work as a subsitute teacher and when I got to my assignment today one of the children's mom's had thick, wavy hair that reached past her waist in a ponytail. I was ga-ga for it until I got closer and saw how fried and frizzy it was. :o

There was a little girl in the class who had gorgeous thick waves! Haha, still jealous of those!

dreamerx6
March 3rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
Ah! I know the feeling! But think about it- once you get to your goal length, your hair will be healthy and gorgeous!

Lianna
March 3rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
There's a girl in my class who chopped her waist length hair to a little past shoulder, almost APL. Then, after 2 months vacation it was BSL. Her hair is very healthy and all natural color and texture (2a/2b) though, lovely caramel locks. It was not extensions, I'm sure, plus extentions aren't as common here as in USA. So I was a little jealous of her fast growth, though I'm happy with my hair.

EmmyNemmy
March 3rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
Haha, I would definately never point it out to her, I'm not that rude :D
It just amazes me how many people don't take care of their superlong hair. If mine was that long, I would guard it with my life :p

KrissyKitty
March 3rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
My best friend has hair that grows like a weed! She'll cut it to shoulder and then I swear, next time I see her, maybe a few months later, it's back at waist. She takes relatively good care of it, but I thought I had fast growing hair until I watched hers. Man it grows fast! And yeah, I wish my hair could do that!

HintOfMint
March 3rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
One of my friends had waist/hip-length gorgeous hair that she used to blowdry, brush vigorously, and douse in hairspray and it was absolutely gorgeous. She didn't pay attention to ingredients or anything. It also grew like a weed. Me, on the other hand, my hair will split if I even look at it crosseyed, and it grows at an average pace. However, she was envious of my waves, volume and how nice it looked when I would just let it airdry. I guess, every time we envy someone else it is possible that they envy us in return.

wandabee
March 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
I've been disappointed with how slowly my hair grows, even with how well I take care of it as well! Oh well. I think it's sound advice that you don't talk to her about the damage :S It could be construed as an insult, even if you have the best of intentions. Happy growing! :)

McFearless
March 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
It is definately frustrating when you have to treat your hair like a newborn baby just so it doesn't turn into dreadlocks, and yet there are people(some of them on this board grrrr) that don't have to do anything to have beautiful hair.

If you develop a friendship with the girl you can give eachother hair advice and introduce her to this place:)