PDA

View Full Version : Updo's (Shoulder length hair)

KellyGormley
March 3rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Anyone know of any good ways to wear your hair up for about shoulder length hair? I wear my hair up pretty much everyday and i always just throw it in a bun and im so tired of.

Madora
March 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
You might try a Gibson Tuck or a French Twist..or an easy half up.

lapushka
March 3rd, 2011, 02:20 PM
Peacock twist.

Jimothea
March 4th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I get bored with the shoulder-length updo range too! Here's some I've figured out; my hair is layered from about...jawline-ish and down, about 20 in. I don't know if these will work for you; some take a lot of....hmmm....stubborn force, lol, to get them to work. I like them for the rest they give my bun-spot though.

Full crown braid; my hair just got long enough to do one all around my head without weird layers sticking out.

Double french braids overlapped/twisted at the nape of the neck--makes it look like I've got a bit more hair than I really do.

High Japanese styles (funky rather than elegant like the longer Japanese looks which eat up length).

Pencil twists

Top half pinned rockabilly style (or some other kind of pinning which gives the top volume) with the bottom in a little chignon at the nape. My hair's baaarely long enough for this though right now.

HTH and good luck growing!

spidermom
March 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I liked the french twist at that length, also the peacock twist.

Anje
March 4th, 2011, 12:05 PM
French twists and tucked-under french braids are great, and they're the sort of thing that get harder as your hair gets longer. Enjoy them now!