PDA

View Full Version : Hime Cut - Photos

Rosalaun
March 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Hi, I had a few people ask to post photos after I had my hair cut, so here you are :) I had to compromise a little (mum disliked the bluntness) so the edges are softened a little around my face, but thankfully it's not overly obvious and they still look nicely blunt. I also cut them to just past jawbone length rather than mid-cheek as originally planned. So when I tie it back, it looks a little like I have a bob xD I had a good 2 and 3/4 inches taken off to get rid of most of the layers I had in before - there are still a few, but the ends feel so much nicer.

For the most part I'll be wearing it tied up all the time anyway - I had my hair down one day for school and had to spend half an hour detangling once I got home - so I'm not worried about the sides not blending in to the rest :) Ignore my silly faces xD
Thanks for looking!
-I've removed the image :) -

luxepiggy
March 3rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Oh very cool! I've actually pondered getting those longer side pieces . . . I don't have the face shape for a regular fringe, but I like to have a little something to soften my jawline a bit with updos . . . do you find that the side bits get in the way or give you any trouble at all?

vanity_acefake
March 3rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
That looks wonderful. A total 60's hair cut. (like Marianne Faithful).

scorpio_rising
March 3rd, 2011, 02:08 PM
Yay! I love it! And oh my guh it looks so cute pulled back! Are you wearing a little ribbon in it? *squeal*

ladycaladium
March 3rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
I like it a lot. It looks good on you. And I think we have the same wallpaper in our houses!

Rosalaun
March 3rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Well I've pretty much just come out of the hairdressers, straight horse riding and only just got
home, but so far they don't seem to get in the way at all :D
And I thought it looked very 60's too xD It's nice to have something different anyways.

Hehe, thank you scorpio_rising :) No ribbon, I just ponytailed it and pulled it half-through so that it was looped around. I see what you mean about it looking like a ribbon though!

And yay for having the same wallpaper! I really like it xD

Fufu
March 3rd, 2011, 11:47 PM
ooooh it's nice :) I like it, very anime girl looking.

RadiantNeedle
March 3rd, 2011, 11:56 PM
Beautifully 60s yet contemporary!

Ishje
March 4th, 2011, 12:04 AM
I am not a very big fan of this haircut usually, but it looks very cute on you!

Phexlyn
March 4th, 2011, 02:04 AM
I really like this haircut, and I'm surprised how good it looks with the back put up. You pull it off really well! :)

Personally speaking, though, I would prefer the bangs and mid-section to be a tad less thick and heavy when you're wearing it down, but that's just my taste ;)

hanne jensen
March 4th, 2011, 03:28 AM
It looks really great on you! You have the best of both worlds! The feeling of loose hair and the length protected at the same time. Genius!

anodyne_ame
March 4th, 2011, 03:34 AM
You pull the look off so well, it looks so cool! Love the ribbon :D

LadyCelestina
March 4th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Oh,wow,it looks amazing on you! Iīve always wanted this kind of haircut,sadly I just canīt pull it off. :p

Silverdragn7385
March 4th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Awesome! I have long pieces like that at the side too that I cut into my hair, but I taper them so that they blend in with the rest of it....though I've been tempted to do it like yours!

Rosalaun
March 5th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Thank you so much everyone :D

I know people are used to seeing (therefore tend to prefer) softer cuts, but I did like the fact that this isn't the normal feathery-look that I see on pretty much everyone :D So it's fine that people might not like it.

Hehe, and you're right - it is the best of both worlds xD I can protect it and have it loose all at once, and I can have either a bob or almost APL hair at any time lol

Merlin
March 5th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Very nice :-)

rogue_psyche
March 5th, 2011, 02:22 AM
EDIT: So rude, I hit Post without telling you it looked cute. Are you by chance a Gothic Lolita?

I used to have a modified hime cut around when I first joined LHC. I enjoyed the look but ended up growing most of it out so that I can have more thickness in the length. This post reminds me to cut my bangs, something I've been meaning to do for a while.

Here's what it looked like at one point (ignore the weird lighting making me look creepy):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3510&pictureid=97567

Rosalaun
March 5th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Thank you :3

Hehe, don't worry about it rogue!
I am not at the moment, but as soon as my sewing machine gets fixed (one day) I plan on making various clothes for Classic Lolita :) Are you?
Ohh, from what I can see your cut looks awesome :D It's fun to see one with a longer parted fringe. I've got a feeling I might end up growing this out too at some point, but for now I'm keeping it xD

rogue_psyche
March 5th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I love Lolita, but the fashion is way too expensive for me right now, even when I sew. I'm a classic lolita, when I do dress in a full coordinate. I do casual looks more often though.

Lady-Djenevre
March 5th, 2011, 04:32 AM
It really suits you and those cool 1960s styles are so back in fashion.

Joliebaby
March 5th, 2011, 05:48 AM
It looks edgy and cute at the same time. I like it on you :D

lunache
March 5th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I love it - looks edgy and confident! :D

Wanderer09
March 5th, 2011, 09:04 AM
That is such a cute cut! Looks great on you,

RancheroTheBee
March 5th, 2011, 10:57 AM
You look fabulous with that haircut. I would definitely just look insane. :p

Rosalaun
March 6th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah it is a pretty expensive fashion :/ got a feeling I'll be hovering between casual/classic for a while also xD

And thank you so much everyone :3
I don't think I've seen any 60's hairstyles around my area yet xD And I'm sure you wouldn't look insane RancheroTheBee!

Chetanlaiho
March 6th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I have one of these myself, it looks cute on you ^^

I had the super blunt one at first, but I now have a lot more tapered edges and I find it's a lot more flattering on my face shape xD

Only my hairdresser kinda screwed up and cut the side bangs in far too wide so now I get to wait for those to grow out again v_v

Chetanlaiho
March 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Oh and awesome to see more lolis here ^^

Pyvsi
March 6th, 2011, 05:36 PM
You are working that cut, girl!
That's something I thought about doing years ago as a teen, but didn't work up the nerve. (Oy.
You look so cute and cool with it. Go you!

Zefyra
March 6th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I have something like this only with very thin pieces, but I love the thick blunt look on you!

IcarusBride
March 6th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Very cute! I'd like to see this on very long hair (tailbone+) with the 'hime pieces' (what do you call the short parts?) at around chest-length. I've seen this in traditional style drawings but never on a living person.

Rosalaun
March 7th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Thank you everyone :3
It's a shame to hear your hairdresser messed up - mine was asking me constantly 'is that far enough back?' 'shall I take that much (it was about 1/4 of an inch) off your layers to get rid of the split ends?' and most importantly 'are you sure you want them blunt like that?' xD She was really good - definately someone I'd go back to when I'm growing and just want a little trim.

And it's awesome to know that other people have/have had or were even considering having this cut at some point.

I've just been calling them side-pieces, but they are the bit that make it the hime cut so I suppose they could be called hime pieces xD If I don't decide to grow them out totally, I may have them softened to blend in more with the length and then grow them - I'm thinking of keeping them 1/2 the length of the back part just to add balance and stop the fringe looking out of place against long hair xD Unfortuantely it would take a couple of years for me to get to TBL. Well, now you have seen it on a living person :D

anodyne_ame
March 7th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Looking at this thread made me want to try this style after I've reached my goal length! (will take a while though...) I've always liked the style in pictures but you pull it off so well that I'm inspired :D
First I think I'll have to somehow try and fold my hair into hime-piece look-alikes to see if I can pull the style off as well as you can.

jayde9
March 7th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Hi, I had a few people ask to post photos after I had my hair cut, so here you are :) I had to compromise a little (mum disliked the bluntness) so the edges are softened a little around my face, but thankfully it's not overly obvious and they still look nicely blunt. I also cut them to just past jawbone length rather than mid-cheek as originally planned. So when I tie it back, it looks a little like I have a bob xD I had a good 2 and 3/4 inches taken off to get rid of most of the layers I had in before - there are still a few, but the ends feel so much nicer.

For the most part I'll be wearing it tied up all the time anyway - I had my hair down one day for school and had to spend half an hour detangling once I got home - so I'm not worried about the sides not blending in to the rest :) Ignore my silly faces xD
Thanks for looking!

http://i56.tinypic.com/izvwbc.png
Looks great on you!