PDA

View Full Version : Ombre hair!!

soni92
March 3rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
http://beautyeditor.ca/wp-content/uploads/Alexa-Chung-Ombre-hair.jpg

http://www.luluscouture.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/TheSkinny_OmbreHair.jpg

I really like this!! I would like to do that in my hair, but I'm afraid to totally mess it up! I especially like Alexa Chung's hair..I've never bleached my hair before, only a couple of highlights and that's all!!
any idea of how to achieve this? I mean at home, not at the hair salon (:

spidermom
March 3rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
We've had this thread before. Search the mane forum.

QMacrocarpa
March 3rd, 2011, 11:39 AM
Heh, go everywhere on a bicycle and your hair will go subtly ombre on its own-- works for me! :D In case no one else chimes in, here's (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=53827&highlight=ombre) some earlier ombre discussion.

Rocket22
March 3rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
I am personally going for this look myself, but all I have to do is stop bleaching and my roots will take over from there :) I don't know what you are starting with but basically you would highlight only the bottom half of your hair. If it were me I would go to a professional. Anytime you are dealing with bleach so much can go wrong.. but you might have great success on your own. good luck and do post photos!!!

2peasinapod
March 3rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
LOL, I was about to suggest bleaching your hair and letting the roots grow out, but I think going to a professsional would probably be smarter. ;)

Anywhere
March 3rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
I'm growing out my roots and hating the ombre look on myself. It may look great on others but I can't stand having such a contrast between hair colors on my head.

Aleria
March 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
My hair is turning into ombre~ though it will never look natural since I have turquoise on the bottom, haha. Mostly I'm just too cheap to get my roots done.

Zefyra
March 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
Im going for the ombre thing too.. Just decided I miss my natural colour, but I think it will look nice as it grows.. Haha.. Im glad its a real look and not just me being weird...

BellCat
March 3rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
I absolutely love this look. I'm going to a salon to get it done for my birthday but can't decide on what colours will suit my skin and hair

rhosyn_du
March 3rd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Slightly off-topic, but how is "ombre" pronounced? I keep seeing it in print, but I've never heard anyone say it.

Roseate
March 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Slightly off-topic, but how is "ombre" pronounced? I keep seeing it in print, but I've never heard anyone say it.

"ahm-bray", more or less.

curlymarcia
March 3rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Who is the girl at the bottom left (in the second pic)? I love the ombre look on her and I want to find more pictures of her to take them to the hairdresser.

Dizzy_zzz
March 3rd, 2011, 05:22 PM
My hair did an ombre all on its own; I didn't even know it was a style! except it's red at the top and strawberry blonde at the bottom. Makes me feel better about how it looks. :D

if it is pronounced in french, then it's pronounced: ohm-b-r-euh (the r is rolled)

BabyRay33
March 3rd, 2011, 06:03 PM
I am doing this on my hair....by just letting the dyed bits grow out...glad there is a name for it besides "Im not dying it anymore."

Zarah
March 3rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
I am doing this on my hair....by just letting the dyed bits grow out...glad there is a name for it besides "Im not dying it anymore."

Haha. Right!

I love the look too.