PDA

View Full Version : Join Henrietta’s anniversary party! :)

Henrietta
March 3rd, 2011, 07:11 AM
Don’t be afraid. I will try not to write a 10 000 words essay this time.
Well, a year ago I found this magic place. I’ve heard about LHC from TorrinPaige’s video and it took me a while to find it because Google treated me with Large Hadron Collider.
People can say it’s just an Internet community but I receive here more support than in real life not only in hair related issues but also in case of other problems. So, as I hold the floor I will take a chance and say thank you to all my friends here. I know when you say I am in your thoughts you really mean it and when you post a hug- you mean it too. You can be sure you’ve got the same feelings from me. :flower:
Now, hair!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5552&pictureid=72561

It was May 2010, first LHC pic. My hands are at hip because my grandma is always telling me that waist is the widest part of my torso, when it’s the narrowest part ;) I wasn’t familiar with LHC dictionary yet.

And now, a big surprise. I expected to be at waist in March and after January measuring even in April. But I reached waist in February. Just a few longest hairs, but still… My hair gave me the best anniversary gift it could!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5552&pictureid=96826
I would not achieve it without LHC. I can really say that because before joining I was trying to grow my hair from chin to… well… long (after a big cut from hip to chin, let’s forget about it…) and hairdressers had slightly different ideas, especially in terms of trimming ends, so I was stuck between SL and BSL. Now I trim my own hair so I decide how much to cut.
Some of my adventures:
BBB, dropping cones (though I am struggling sometimes… 7 000 words essay possible here, so I will not say anything more about it now;) ), coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, CWC and CO, cassia, trimming my own hair, deep treatments, honey (which does not work for me, but we met 2 or three times), washing my hair once, not twice and putting shampoo on the length only, oil shampoo experiment (failure, but I’m happy with CWC), stretching washes (next fail but I don’t mind),UPDOS! I’ve got 186 so far!, hairtoys -a year ago I wouldn’t think of purchasing anything from abroad, having hairsticks (most of them are self made, it was also way easier than I thought), Flexi’s and forks (PayPal is really Henrietta-friendly, there was no need to be so afraid of it) and, well, yes, thanks to Joliebaby (:flower: ) – a Ficcare, my biggest treasure. Now, in terms of hairtoys, I could die satisfied. I’ve got anything I wanted. I can only expand my collection with new colours of hairtoys.
Also, after having bangs since… since I have hair, I think, and being sure I will never grow it because I look bald without it, I discovered that with long bangs on the side (so I have something that frames my face even when it’s pinned and it will look the same when it will be long enough to be tucked behind my ear) I look the best. At least in my own opinion… Now, after a long time, I can finally smile to myself in a mirror because I like what I see. I couldn’t do it for many years.
I like my hair obsession. It’s good to have something like that, it’s like a hobby. People collect stamps and do a horse riding, we are taking photos of our hair every month (at least! :D) and I don’t care that it seems strange. Finally I feel like I have something great, a hobby that will last, that is a life passion, not a interest in something that will last a month or two… Me and long hair seems to be one thing:D
LHC is a big part of my life… I’m glad I am here. Thank you all! :flower:

672 words! (excluding this line;) ) See? Progress!

milagro
March 3rd, 2011, 07:13 AM
Lovely hair :flower:
BSL to waist in less than a year - really fantastic progress!

Henrietta
March 3rd, 2011, 07:15 AM
Lovely hair :flower:
BSL to waist in less than a year - really fantastic progress!

Thank you:) I thought my hair grows slowly but it seems like it grows quite fast. Especially since I trimmed;)

1hunky5monkeys
March 3rd, 2011, 07:18 AM
Happy Anniversary, Henrietta! :flowers:

Great progress!

Theobroma
March 3rd, 2011, 07:23 AM
Happy anniversary, Henrietta!

*passes round the party snacks*

milagro
March 3rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
Thank you:) I thought my hair grows slowly but it seems like it grows quite fast. Especially since I trimmed;)
This is inspiring :cheese:
So, partying? :disco: :beer:

Phexlyn
March 3rd, 2011, 07:30 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flower:
That's a lot of progress.

Xandergrammy
March 3rd, 2011, 07:30 AM
Congratulations! I'll be celebrating my 5 year LHC anniversary in a couple of weeks! Your hair looks lovely and you're right about this community. I don't know how I would manage without it. :inlove:

HuggyBear
March 3rd, 2011, 07:35 AM
Congrats on your anniversary and your awesome growth!:blossom:

LoversLullaby
March 3rd, 2011, 07:45 AM
Beautiful!!!! :D Happy anniversary!!!!! :) I would love to join the party!

jackiesjottings
March 3rd, 2011, 07:47 AM
Well done :)))

spidermom
March 3rd, 2011, 08:03 AM
Congratulations on your lovely new length.

KrissyKitty
March 3rd, 2011, 08:06 AM
Congratulations! I'm always down for a party!

princessp
March 3rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Happy anniversary and congratulations on your progress!

GrowingGlory
March 3rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks wonderful and you sound very happy.

Alvrodul
March 3rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
Happy anniversary, Henrietta! :toast: :flowers:
*starts handing out homemade chocolate-and-walnut confections*

Aevra
March 3rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
That's wonderful! Your hair is growing really fast! Congratulations.

/envyenvyenvy

halo_tightens
March 3rd, 2011, 09:57 AM
Happy anniversary to my Polish friend!!! :grouphug:

I'm very glad to have met you here, dear Henrietta, and I look forward to the years of hair-growing to come. Na zdrowie! :beercheer:

Carolyn
March 3rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Congratulations on your LHC anniversary! That's quite a journey in one short year!

Fufu
March 3rd, 2011, 10:38 AM
Happy Hair Anniversary :) Impressive hair growth

Roscata
March 3rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Happy anniversary! Lovely hair. :D

Henrietta
March 3rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Yaaaay! :) Thank you for congratulations :flowers:

Party time!:cheese: :skittles:

Cheers, people! And... na zdrowie, halo_tightens ;) :beerchug: Hihi :)

Yozhik
March 3rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Congratulations! That's really impressive progress. :flower:

Hair obsession is a great hobby. :D

Happy growing. :)

Henrietta
March 3rd, 2011, 11:01 AM
To be honest, I am surprised by the fact that my growth is considered as great and fast:) I thought my hair is SLEEPING, not growing. But, all in all, I gained 9.5 cm=3.7 inches in a year, including many trims... So probably it's not that bad with my hair's growing speed ;)

elbow chic
March 3rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
beautiful hair, and I read every one of your words. I respect and understand loquacity. :p

x0h_bother
March 3rd, 2011, 11:06 AM
Happy Anniversary! :cheese: *hug* We are happy to have you here too!
It's been great growing with you :blossom: you have impressive hair!

Cheers!
:beerchug:

:beer::ale:

:hooched:

Rocket22
March 3rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Yay for reaching your goal!!!!! :toast:

Henrietta
March 3rd, 2017, 10:41 AM
All right! I started this thread in 2011 for my anniversary to celebrate a year of conscious hair care and hair growth. Today is the 7th anniversary. Let's celebrate again! And I hope that by this time next year I will have my dream classic length hair (with thick enough ends! :) )

So,

:toast::beerchug::gobblecheese::pizza::chocolate:: skittles::cake::cookie: for everyone.

I'm a few hours after an appointment with my (lovely) dentist, so let me indulge in the Skittles. I've waited long enough :)

samanthaa
March 3rd, 2017, 11:41 AM
From your profile picture, I can see that you hair is absolutely beautiful! Good luck on the travel to classic :)

I also love your profile line (is that what's it's called?), I decided to be happy.

lithostoic
March 3rd, 2017, 11:51 AM
Congrats!

_fred_
March 3rd, 2017, 01:10 PM
Congratulations, Henrietta! And best of luck for the next stage :cake::applause:cheer:

Groovy Granny
March 3rd, 2017, 01:38 PM
All right! I started this thread in 2011 for my anniversary to celebrate a year of conscious hair care and hair growth. Today is the 7th anniversary. Let's celebrate again! And I hope that by this time next year I will have my dream classic length hair (with thick enough ends! :) )

So,

for everyone.

I'm a few hours after an appointment with my (lovely) dentist, so let me indulge in the Skittles. I've waited long enough :)

Congrats ~ your hair is lovely :flowers:

irisa2005
March 3rd, 2017, 01:38 PM
Henrietta! Happy Anniversary!!!
I hope I can celebrate long years of hair care anniversary as you. Keep going on reaching your achievements for many years :toast: :cake:

lapushka
March 3rd, 2017, 02:13 PM
Congratulations on 4 more years! I hope you get to classic soon. How much longer do you have to go?

Nymphe
March 3rd, 2017, 02:17 PM
Beautiful hair in your profile. Keep enjoying the journey!

Phalaenopsis
March 3rd, 2017, 02:34 PM
Congratulations! I am so glad I met you years ago over here at LHC, we had some interesting conversations :)

likelikepenny
March 3rd, 2017, 03:13 PM
Happy anniversary!

*Wednesday*
March 3rd, 2017, 03:43 PM
Grow on!! Congratulations.

ephemeri
March 3rd, 2017, 04:22 PM
Happy Anniversary!! :o

pandabarrier
March 3rd, 2017, 04:51 PM
Congrats! :happydance:

Chromis
March 3rd, 2017, 09:10 PM
Happy hairy-versury!

Also, I just want to say your username always makes me smile, because it makes me think of one of my chooks from my pre-quail days:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5255/5460135856_04573334d8.jpg

Beatnik Guy
March 5th, 2017, 07:12 AM
Happy Hairniversary! I brought more :chocolate: and :toast: for the party. Onward to classic...

All right! I started this thread in 2011 for my anniversary to celebrate a year of conscious hair care and hair growth. Today is the 7th anniversary. Let's celebrate again! And I hope that by this time next year I will have my dream classic length hair (with thick enough ends! )

So,

:toast::beerchug::gobblecheese::pizza::chocolate:: skittles::cake::cookie: for everyone.

Henrietta
March 6th, 2017, 05:02 AM
Thank you everyone! :blossom: For congratulations, good wishes, compliments, more chocolate and drink :)

I have 7.5 cm more to classic (that's 3"). After so many years of waiting (and many moments out doubt), it looks like I can finally, really get there.
So I hope next year I'll invite you for celebrations with my dream length reached.

Henrietta
March 3rd, 2018, 11:32 AM
2018 edition! I have :toast::sushi::pizza::beercheer::chocolate::skittl es::gobblecheese::cake: and :cookie: for everyone! This year, we're not only celebrating an anniversary of my long hair adventure (the eight one!) but also the fact that I reached my goal (length-wise) back in July, growing my hair from APL+/BSL to classic with one major trim in between and countless small ones. To add even more joy, my ends are beginning to thicken up since I trim all the excess growth. In terms of condition, my hair is smoother and shinier than I thought it could possibly be. So... party time! :)

P.S. Just look at my post from last year, the one above this one!

Dendra
March 3rd, 2018, 11:48 AM
Congrats Henrietta!!

That's so awesome that you've reached your goal and your hair is in great condition :toast: Will you be posting a photo, I'd love to see :popcorn:

Dendra
March 3rd, 2018, 11:49 AM
Happy hairy-versury!

Also, I just want to say your username always makes me smile, because it makes me think of one of my chooks from my pre-quail days:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5255/5460135856_04573334d8.jpg

Also, Chromis, that is an excellent chicken!

Agnieszka
March 3rd, 2018, 04:24 PM
Congrats Henri! Must be amazing feeling to have long, healthy and beautiful hair!

Sarahlabyrinth
March 3rd, 2018, 05:05 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal! It's very exciting! :happydance:

Dark40
March 3rd, 2018, 09:38 PM
Congratulations on reaching your goal!! BSL to waist is a fantastic progress!!

TatsuOni
March 4th, 2018, 03:53 AM
Congrats on reaching your goal! :cheer:

embee
March 4th, 2018, 05:32 AM
Always great to reach a goal! What is your *new* goal? ;) Happy anniversary!

maborosi
March 4th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Happy Anniversary! :3

Henrietta
March 4th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Thank you everyone :)
My new goal is to thicken up my ends. I once wanted to grow to knee but now I know that I'd have trouble maintaining this length for two reasons. One, classic is the last length at which it's easy for me to reach my ends when I apply a product by sliding my palms down the length. Two, I think my ends would be very, very thin at knee. So I'll just stay at classic :)

wannabe-rusalka
March 4th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Happy anniversary! Lets "raise the roof" as the kids say :disco: