PDA

View Full Version : Having dreadful day...

yellowflower
March 3rd, 2011, 06:44 AM
Today feels rubbish, feeling massively down about hair, not sure what to do to pick myself up, feels like its going to be forever until it grows out, its going so slowly. ARGHHH feels as though its growing back into my head instead of out!!!

What do other people do on their rubbish days?

RadiantNeedle
March 3rd, 2011, 06:46 AM
Stick my hair up, wear a hat, put on some awesome lipstick! Do something totally not hair related and try to be patient.

yellowflower
March 3rd, 2011, 06:50 AM
Stick my hair up, wear a hat, put on some awesome lipstick! Do something totally not hair related and try to be patient.

Its up everyday to forget about it, obv not working today, how long untill its like 3" so I wont be able to see it much when its up......

milagro
March 3rd, 2011, 06:58 AM
This. There's enough sadness in the world to be seriously down by a bad hair day.

trillian
March 3rd, 2011, 06:42 PM
I workout a lot. This might be a bit gross to all you daily shampooers - but when I workout, I either braid, or wear a fast loopy bun. When I get a really good workout in, my scalp sweats enough to soak the hair close to my scalp. At which point, I hop in the shower, and give myself a good WO scrub, complete with a nice scalp scritch. If it's a wash day, well, I luxuriate in the shower, and enjoy the conditioner smell.

I find my workouts, and scalp massages help me feel better about my hair overall. I think it makes my hair look nicer. No, it's not as long as some folks, and it's not as long as I want it, and durn it, I want it to be as long as I want it to be RIGHT NOW. However, what helps me is the knowledge that my hair looks as good as I can make it look today. If you'll pardon the cliche, "Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was I."

So I guess my advice is, get a trim if you feel your ends look ragged and you're a trimmer type. If you are a non-trimmer, invest in a nice new conditioner, or watch a video about an updo you like the look of until you're cross-eyed and think you can do it in your sleep. Some days will be bad hair days, but you can always drag a comb through your hair, or do a dry shampoo to add volume. Pick a routine that you feel contributes to your overall hair health, and makes you happy.

I've rambled again! Sorry!

CarpeDM
March 3rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
I've been having a lot of those days myself lately, so I feel your pain. When I feel that way I usually oil it, braid it and hide it away from me until the next day.

gypsymoth
March 3rd, 2011, 09:39 PM
Baby my hair like crazy and take a bath. Baths are so wonderful...:o Sigh.

wandabee
March 3rd, 2011, 10:49 PM
I love your positive reply :) It's good to have a reminder to take joy in fitness and pampering one's self... I've been too stressed out to do either as of late :S

Ishje
March 4th, 2011, 12:25 AM
if I feel bad I read the boards, check out albums and then I am all motivated and happy to grow again ^^
sometimes I also bake cookies ^^

bunzfan
March 4th, 2011, 02:26 AM
When i fell impatient about my hair growth which i often do i go and do one of my hobbies i have only realised recently that this makes me feel instantly better and i stop obsessing over my hair.

Do you have any hobbies? i have recently started cross stitch/knitting if just takes your mind off it for a bit.

Mesmerise
March 4th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Reassure yourself that you're not the only one obsessing over your hair!

Before I found the LHC boards I swear I thought no one else obsessed over their hair the way I did! I thought I was the only whacky person who measured hair length and growth and put it in a diary... and I thought I was the only person who fantasised over the day I'd have long hair :rolleyes:.

It's kinda nice to find a whole community who are just as bad as me :D. Yes, it can be frustrating, but I just put my hair up and imagine it long and think how good I'll feel when it's long and my stringy ends are gone, and how great It'll look...and I don't think about what it's like at the moment!

yellowflower
March 4th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Today is an even worse day than yesterday , I cried for 2 hours solid, it is up, but I can still see the horrible colour, I am tryingto do essays instead and not focus on it, it just makes me feel so UGLY, I know my happieness isnt on my head I try to go out but I feel so conceous that people are looking thinking what has that girl done, or does she think she looks nice, I know I look horrible. I wish I never listened to other people's stupid ideas and just did what I wanted then I wouldnt be here now.

My skin has got even worse the last couple of days as well which makes me feel worse, not just my hair but there are other things that just make me feel like my life is going down hill. I used to be so confident and enjoy going out now I feel like a shadow of who I used to be, and I dont know how to get that person back, I miss how I used to be.

sherigayle
March 4th, 2011, 06:00 AM
You sound like you are seriously depressed. I suggest you see a doctor. I've been there, and even with medication, I still struggle with depression and anxiety. But it can be better. You can feel better. Please consider seeing someone.