PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin E Oil on hair??

Fairlight63
March 2nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
I was wondering if any of you use Vit. E oil on your hair? What do you think of it? is it good for the hair?

I have used it once in a while but it seems too heavy for my hair. So if I put it on, I put it on as a pre-oil treatment & braid it over night.

McFearless
March 2nd, 2011, 06:56 PM
I've added a couple of drops to conditioner for a DT and it worked really well.

Fairlight63
March 2nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Thats a good idea! I have to try that some time.

nena_shawty
March 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
yes it really smooths my hair I ussually put v E on with my evoo deep treatment wear it over night
awesome stuff

Jimothea
March 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I was just wondering about this myself the other day, and searched for threads...will have to add to a DT now...how about for the scalp; wha'd'ya think?

krissykins
March 5th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I applied it to the length once a LONG time ago. Great results but NOT fun to wash out :( I might add it to my scalp massages though! Thanks for reminding me ^_^

Luna12345
March 5th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I tried it once and it took forever to wash out. it's very heavy so I never used it again.

jaine
March 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM
My vitamin E capsules are in a base of glycerin, so I wouldn't use those...glycerin is very sticky and my hair doesn't seem to like it much.
I have seen vitamin E in a base of oil and that might be better. But I think the main benefit of applying it topically would come from the oil, not the vitamin.

Hair is dead so I don't think hair would have the ability to use the vitamin for cell regeneration, healing, etc. Your scalp might be able to use it topically, but putting it on the hair itself doesn't seem like it would do much. The carrier oil that it's diluted with would probably be good for your hair though.

If you're deficient in vitamin E you would get more benefit from taking it internally rather than topically - but only if you're short on vitamin E because it's one of those fat-soluble vitamins that can build up in your body and become toxic if you have too much.