PDA

View Full Version : Rant, rant, rant...

ChatNoir
March 2nd, 2011, 02:06 PM
I feel that I do nothing but complain about my hair these days. I have been shedding like crazy since about June, and I don't know how to stop it. My Dr says she can find nothing wrong from the blood tests. I am eating healthy... I take 3000 ug of biotin a day, and I get enough protein.

So WHYYYYY won't my hair stay on my head?!

I'm only between SL and APL at the moment, and I can already see taper. I've measured the circumference and i'm at 1,5 inches. I used to be a solid 2".:(

I am experiencing a lot of new growth though, I'm guessing from all the protein and the vitamins I'm getting. Though it seems like the new hairs are shedding as well.

I just want to scream with frustration right now...

enfys
March 2nd, 2011, 02:10 PM
Are you under a lot of stress? That's a major cause of shedding but can easily go unidentified. Study, bereavment, relationships, work. All sorts of things.

There are sadly some causes of shedding we just have to wait out, and until then do everything you can to keep healthy. Hopefully it will pass. Until then, maybe try monistat or castor oil? Something like that?

:grouphug:

1hunky5monkeys
March 2nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Birth control and other medications can cause hair loss, too.

I hope that it stops soon! :grouphug:

ChatNoir
March 2nd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Are you under a lot of stress? That's a major cause of shedding but can easily go unidentified. Study, bereavment, relationships, work. All sorts of things.

There are sadly some causes of shedding we just have to wait out, and until then do everything you can to keep healthy. Hopefully it will pass. Until then, maybe try monistat or castor oil? Something like that?

:grouphug:

I used to be.. I have somewhat of an anxiety disorder, but keeping up with the vitamin b's help keep it under control.

I might look into those tips furthermore! Thank you! :blossom:

I have been thinking about going to some experts in alternative medicine. They cured me of my allergies, perhaps they can help with this as well?

ChatNoir
March 2nd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Birth control and other medications can cause hair loss, too.

I hope that it stops soon! :grouphug:

I'm on neither... But thank you so much! :flowers:

annieangel149
March 2nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
okay.... just calm down! and breathe!

i had really bad shredding after i did the most ridiculous thing ever and put a chemical straightener solution on a month old perm! my hair actually broke off! it was terrible!!! i was so damaged and shredded loads after i washed it! I had to treat it so gently after that! here is my recommendation and i dont know if it will work for you but its worth a try right?

only wash with conditioner! ( dont worry conditioners have a mild cleanser so they will still wash your hair and after you wash, your hair will hopefully be soooo detangled that when you comb it it will slide through your haire and wont be yankin out hair).

do not use a brush! use a wide tooth comb

try monistat cream (if you are in the UK use daktarin! it boosts hair growth but more than that it grows new hair too!

i havwnt tried this but you could apply caster oil to your scalp too!

and above all! dont freak out cos that will cause u to stress more thus contributing to more shred!

healthy diet, lots of water and enjoy life! its more important than hair isnt it? xxx

ChatNoir
March 2nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
okay.... just calm down! and breathe!

i had really bad shredding after i did the most ridiculous thing ever and put a chemical straightener solution on a month old perm! my hair actually broke off! it was terrible!!! i was so damaged and shredded loads after i washed it! I had to treat it so gently after that! here is my recommendation and i dont know if it will work for you but its worth a try right?

only wash with conditioner! ( dont worry conditioners have a mild cleanser so they will still wash your hair and after you wash, your hair will hopefully be soooo detangled that when you comb it it will slide through your haire and wont be yankin out hair).

do not use a brush! use a wide tooth comb

try monistat cream (if you are in the UK use daktarin! it boosts hair growth but more than that it grows new hair too!

i havwnt tried this but you could apply caster oil to your scalp too!

and above all! dont freak out cos that will cause u to stress more thus contributing to more shred!

healthy diet, lots of water and enjoy life! its more important than hair isnt it? xxx

Thank you so much for the encouraging words, dear! :blossom:

I'm so glad that worked for you! I'm unsure if the CO thing will work for me, but I guess it's worth a shot :)

I'm in Norway, but I guess I could try the Internet ;)

*trying not to freak out too bad* :thumbsup:

That is true! xx

annieangel149
March 2nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Thank you so much for the encouraging words, dear! :blossom:

I'm so glad that worked for you! I'm unsure if the CO thing will work for me, but I guess it's worth a shot :)

I'm in Norway, but I guess I could try the Internet ;)

*trying not to freak out too bad* :thumbsup:

That is true! xx

i dont want you to feel like i dont understand how stressful it is when you lose hair because i do! when my hair was falling out, due to bad chemical treatment my dear husband knew that i was upset about it so he took me out for the day to London and i so enjoyed it and i forgot about my hair! but i guess evryone is different and we all have different lives/priorities :shrugs:

Madora
March 2nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Have you had your thyroid checked?

Did those blood tests include ruling out anemia?

Have you been checked by a trichologist (hair doctor)?

Sending positive thoughts your way! Good luck!

ChatNoir
March 2nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
i dont want you to feel like i dont understand how stressful it is when you lose hair because i do! when my hair was falling out, due to bad chemical treatment my dear husband knew that i was upset about it so he took me out for the day to London and i so enjoyed it and i forgot about my hair! but i guess evryone is different and we all have different lives/priorities :shrugs:

I understand, and I'm happy you shared that story with me! Good to know I'm not alone! :)

ChatNoir
March 2nd, 2011, 03:41 PM
Have you had your thyroid checked?

Did those blood tests include ruling out anemia?

Have you been checked by a trichologist (hair doctor)?

Sending positive thoughts your way! Good luck!

I don't think so...

Yes it did, and my blood levels have always been high, so it's not a problem :)

I didn't even know there was such a thing! :O Must. Check. Out!

Thank you so much Madora! :blossom: