PDA

View Full Version : can I temporarily change my email to web-based?

intothemist1999
March 2nd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Today I would like to receive email notifications of a thread. I can't access the ISP email from my phone. Can I switch to my yahoo mail just for today?

physicschick
March 2nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
You should be able to change it under the User CP (and then change it back later). At least I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't work.

enfys
March 2nd, 2011, 11:11 AM
I use my Hotmail address now with no problems. Isn't it just registering you need a fancy-pants email for?

RavennaNight
March 2nd, 2011, 05:15 PM
I switched my email to my yahoo one and never switched back. I haven't had a problem yet. That old email is probably invalid now, I only set it up to log on here.

intothemist1999
March 2nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks, everyone, I didn't realize the ISP one was for registration!

kwaniesiam
March 3rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Is that still a requirement for registration? I thought that was changed.

physicschick
March 3rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
Is that still a requirement for registration? I thought that was changed.

Yes, I believe it has been changed. Certain e-mails are still disallowed (AOL being the most notable one), but I think any of the domains you all have been able to change your LHC address to (yahoo, hotmail, etc.) are also allowed for registration.

MandyBeth
March 4th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I think I registered with gmail without a problem. But my registration e-mail was a now dead account that had a semi-professional looking title, so that may help? It's now my "junk" e-mail address that I use for all web forums and such to keep them combined and not going to work accounts.