PDA

View Full Version : What are your honest opinions on my self-given hair cut

thirstylocks
March 2nd, 2011, 12:59 AM
I have been going back and forth since september not knowing what to do with my hair. My hair was in a bunch of choppy irregular and frankly, ugly layers...and the shorter layers were all VERY damaged and dry so my hair looked awful even thought it was healthy on the longer parts.

SO...I cut my hair in two lengths. I cut 2 inches off the longest hair, and then cut all my layers to one length. It looks funny. Do you think it'll grow out and look more normal in around a month?? Or is it really bad? I eventually plan on cutting it all off to the shortest layer anyway.

Its back to BSL kind of now. half of it anyway. lol
http://i55.tinypic.com/11mdrio.jpg

milagro
March 2nd, 2011, 01:13 AM
It looks rather unusual, do you have a back-view picture? I can spot some stray longer strands in your shorter layer.
You hair is lovely and looks thick and healthy overall! And it sure will grow :)

LovelyL
March 2nd, 2011, 01:17 AM
Well from that picture it looks pretty strange. If you're planning to cut it all eventually to a single length (of the shortest layer) then I'd say do that sooner rather than later.

If you want to maintain length, how about going to a hairdresser and asking them to smooth out the difference between the two layers. (Blame some fictional crappy hairdresser, don't say you did it yourself you'd never hear the end of it, while you're trapped in their chair.) That would probably mean at least a small loss of length from the shortest layer, but your hair would look long.

thirstylocks
March 2nd, 2011, 01:19 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/4kb5tv.jpg

I mean I can probably add a middle layer but I kind of INTENDED it to look like two different lengths. LOL I guess I pictured it different in my head. I'm just glad all the fried hair is gone. Do you think if it grows and isn't as blunt it won't be as obvious?
I can always do half up ponytails till then

LOL just found this image that looks like my almost mullet: http://img1.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/2b890ee8f3ed38d7d5680da86b9485771232580757_full.pn g

milagro
March 2nd, 2011, 01:30 AM
I mean I can probably add a middle layer but I kind of INTENDED it to look like two different lengths. LOL I guess I pictured it different in my head. I'm just glad all the fried hair is gone. Do you think if it grows and isn't as blunt it won't be as obvious?
I can always do half up ponytails till then
I advise you stop at this and don't add any more layers! this way you can chop it on and end up with pixie :eyebrows: Just dust off the uneven ends in the shorter layer and live with it until it grows sufficiently. Please, I beg you lay off the scissors NOW! :D
Half-ups are a good idea, you can also lace braid the upper layer.

xoxophelia
March 2nd, 2011, 01:33 AM
Honestly, if you are already planning to cut back to the shortest length, I think you might as well do it now. Then you have even hair with a thick hemline and can just grow it out.

Mesmerise
March 2nd, 2011, 01:39 AM
If you don't want to go for the full chop yet, I'd suggest you visit a stylist and see if they can get the layers to blend in a bit better, and maybe take a couple of inches off the longest layer at the same time...which will make it a little bit closer to your goal!

Otherwise, wear it up a lot ;) It doesn't look TOO bad...but it does sort of look like you chopped it yourself.

thirstylocks
March 2nd, 2011, 01:48 AM
Okay so I'm getting mostlyyy (completely) strange and puzzled reactions to my hair LOL okayy I'm so not ready to make the big chop until the short part reaches at least APL bc I hatee short hair so that might be by the middle of the summer or so which is fine! I can just have it up till then and try to figure out creative ways to keep it cute ?

pepperminttea
March 2nd, 2011, 02:06 AM
It looks interesting, certainly. Your hairtype's listed as a 2C; could you wear it with your natural waves to help the layers blend?

thirstylocks
March 2nd, 2011, 02:22 AM
you know thats what i was thinking pepperminttea, but for some reason today my hair is super straight (i did deep conditioning and an oil treatment which usually straightens it a bit) but after I cut my hair so bluntly, the ends were not waving whatsoever. anyway, I curled them just a little bit to give the effect of my usual hair and it doesn't look TOO BAD.. if the longer parts were curled, it would probably be unnoticealbe. Also, I took a pic of me with the long parts pushed back. I've never really had hair shorter than right above my boob bc I felt unattractive and not sensual ... but the look is kind of growing on me. I'm not sure if I can make it permanent tho, idk =/

http://i53.tinypic.com/2je6wy0.jpg and http://i56.tinypic.com/2nukp3c.jpg

Mesmerise
March 2nd, 2011, 02:43 AM
It looks interesting, certainly. Your hairtype's listed as a 2C; could you wear it with your natural waves to help the layers blend?

Yeah, good point! I didn't think to check the hairtype ;) I'm sure if you let your curls show through you'd hardly notice that layer is so blunt.

milagro
March 2nd, 2011, 03:05 AM
Looks quite good on wavy hair!

lilalong
March 2nd, 2011, 03:11 AM
I don't think it's so bad, actually. I think once it grows out a bit the ends won't look so blunt anymore. And the curls will probably hide it quite well until then.

ooo
March 2nd, 2011, 03:28 AM
I'd wait a weak to see, how it looks with your normal hair routine. Our hair might be quite similar, I guess. At least my hair always needs on or too normal washes after a cut to see, how the cut really turned out.
With your hair structure the layer will probably blend in better.

hanne jensen
March 2nd, 2011, 03:39 AM
It does look a little unusual in your pics, but not too wierd. I can understand that you aren't ready for a big chop yet. Have you thought about wearing it up and forgetting about it? That way your layer will be protected and will be past apl a lot faster.

You could also gradually take a little off the longest length.

You did cut very evenly. I'd wait at least a week before you do anything else to your hair. A new cut or trim needs to "season" a little.

Happy Growing!

Lassie
March 2nd, 2011, 03:56 AM
It is unusual looking - thats not necesarily a bad thing though i suppose. Bright unatural colours look 'unusual' but it doesnt mean that people should have their hair like that, or that they need to change it.
My honest opinion on how it looks, is that it looks like your real hair is the length of the shortest bits, and you have long extensions in your hair.
If you really dislike it then I'd suggest seeing a stylist and having it blended in with either some more layers, or cut it all to the shortest length.
Or chuck it in an updo for a couple of months and try and forget about it, see a stylist once you have gained more length then you wont feel like you are losing that much.

thirstylocks
March 2nd, 2011, 04:03 AM
I'm so glad you are all being honest with me! I suppose its not AWFUL but I don't really feel that happy about my hair right now =/ I mean I guess its healthy atleast but I hope that gets me past the next few awkward months!

Phexlyn
March 2nd, 2011, 06:25 AM
Since you're not too happy about the cut yourself, I suggest keeping your hair up during the next weeks - it will prevent you from doing anything rash and regretting it afterwards.

Once you are okay with losing some length, go and see a hairdresser who will help you blend the layers without cutting off too much. Make sure that he/she really understands what you want; maybe they can cut in steps so you don't loose so much progress. :flower:

Fufu
March 2nd, 2011, 06:32 AM
It looks unusual to me at the first sight, but after looking at your first picture for a little longer, I actually think it looks good. If you want the shorter length to blend in with the longer length, look for a hairstylist that you totally trust and believe in and ask him/her to slightly trim your hair to blend in the layers.

cindy58
March 2nd, 2011, 06:34 AM
Your hair is a pretty color, shiny and healthy looking in your siggie pic, but if it were me, I would go to a (hopefully) good stylist for a new cut.

CarpeDM
March 2nd, 2011, 07:18 AM
I would suggest two options:

1) Cut to your shortest layer so it would be all one length
or
2) Go to a professional stylist that you trust and have them blend in the layers more thereby keeping your length

Good luck!

sweetiepie
March 2nd, 2011, 07:31 AM
Did you follow this method (http://www.wikihow.com/Layer-Cut-Your-Own-Hair)? (It's quite popular and it works that's why I'm asking.)
Maybe your cut looks kinda uneven cause you have straight hair? I have to admit it does look not like the usual layered cut but as others said in couple weeks tops it'll blend in perfectly cause hair grows unevenly.

Kaeita
March 2nd, 2011, 07:35 AM
If it's the look you're going for, then go for it. To me, it looks good on you, but then, you look like you'd be able to make any haircut look good. It's not conventional, but I've seen a lot of unconventional haircuts that look great on individual people. None of them would work for me though! For what it's worth, it looks very much like the haircut a friend of mine has - very thick (iii+) wurly hair, with what looks like a single layer halfway up. It's different, but it suits her, and gives lovely body to her hair.

If it's not what you want, then you still have enough length to put it up until it grows out. If you do chop it all one length, you have fewer options, though even your shortest layer is still long enough to allow a ponytail or very short braid.

McFearless
March 2nd, 2011, 12:18 PM
Please leave it, its fine. You can slowly trim the longest layer until your hair is all one length. You cut off all the fried hair and now you can just let it grow healthy. I doubt your hair grows completely evenly and by the summer it will blend itself naturally and with micro trims on the longest layer your hair will be perfect.

Lianna
March 2nd, 2011, 12:31 PM
It doesn't look bad, you have lovely long hair, but could look better with few adjustments. Growing out my pixie, I had a chunky layer like that, but with all my dustings (cut in a layer mode) and time it turned into just bottom layers now. Do you still have a thick bottom layer? Enough to make another one there? If you do, I would just make another one, just between the hemline and the first layer. You could also thin the first layer so it blends better. I'd do it myself, but if you're not confident, go to a stylist.

Anywhere
March 2nd, 2011, 12:32 PM
It looks a tad awkward from the front but the back view looks fine to me, and it looks good wavy. I wouldn't wear it straight, but that's just me.

JulietCapulet
March 2nd, 2011, 12:40 PM
It looks artistic and fun. But I hope you don't cut anymore.

nazzooyzo
March 2nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
I would suggest two options:

1) Cut to your shortest layer so it would be all one length
or
2) Go to a professional stylist that you trust and have them blend in the layers more thereby keeping your length

Good luck!

you should do one of these!

HintOfMint
March 2nd, 2011, 01:57 PM
I just did something similar the other day, the front sections were really tattered so I lopped them off and ended up with a chunky uni-layer. I ended up going to the salon to get it blended in and I'm so glad I did.

Elph
March 2nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
Do nothing. It looks fine. I understand where your at and did the same thing many years ago after living with layered hair for a long time. I think you should leave it and play with it as it is and in no time it will not even be an issue.

Red_Wednesday
March 2nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
I think it looks fine. Personally, if it were me, I'd just leave it alone. Even if I couldn't stand it, as long as the damage is gone, I'd just wear it up if I didn't like the cut.

I've had too many bad experiences with stylists hacking off all of my hair to go down that road again:rolleyes:. I'm not saying that that has to happen to you, but for myself - I just wouldn't go there.

I think it looks fine, and it also looks like it will grow in pretty fast - especially now that the damage is gone. This was your vision, I say go with it:D :thumbsup:!!

McFearless
March 2nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
If you "blend" in the layers you'll have to cut off more in the end because you'll have thinner ends. Not saying these are bad suggestions but if you want the layers gone ASAP, the only thing you can do is not cut the top layer anymore. You could also try monistat on your top layer to speed up its growth.(Im sorry but I'm a monistat recruiter)

annieangel149
March 2nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Im just going to be honest here!
i dont understand why you did that!
If you are loving it thats great though! i guess whatever rocks your boat!!
However, if i had done that by accident or on purpose i would leave it alone or get a hairdresser to sort it out! sorry but you wanted an honest opinion and here it is! btw! your hair is gorgeous! very thick and lovely colour! :cheese:

jil
March 2nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
I agree with a few of the responses, that while this is not a traditional layered haircut, it looks fine! Depending on how conservative your social circle is, your haircut may or may not be seen as awesome and edgy! In the past I have tried to wait at least a month after deciding I want to cut my hair just to make sure I really want it. :) Best of luck!

Lianna
March 2nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
I think it looks fine. Personally, if it were me, I'd just leave it alone. Even if I couldn't stand it, as long as the damage is gone, I'd just wear it up if I didn't like the cut.

If she's going to wear it up all the time, I take back everything I said. I don't see why she would ask this question if she wasn't going to wear it down at least sometimes.

I was assuming the hair would be worn down at some point.

summerjade
March 2nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
Leave it alone. Don't do anything else to it . Just let it grow. You will not be happy with it that short if you have never had it that short before. If you do anything, I would suggest you go to a stylist and let them blend in layers from the shortest layer to the longest layer, but be very strict about what you want done. Don't let them talk you into cutting any more layers any shorter.

Kaelee
March 2nd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Honestly I think it looks really strange, but you might want to give it a couple days. I have hair as straight as yours looks in those pics (I understand your hair isn't usually that straight) and more heavily oiling my new layers for a few days makes them behave!!!! New layers always look a little strange on hair that texture. (I use the coconut oil as a leave in).

I had a bad haircut from a stylist a while back and I really hated it, but conditioning/oiling the heck out of it got it behaving to the point that by the time I got it cut, I'd actually started to like it (I was still glad to have it fixed though! And am happy to say my hair has fully recovered from that scissor-happy stylist!).

My suggestion is to try conditioning/oiling, leave it for a few days to a week and see what it looks like. Then if you don't like it still, either cut it all the same length (which btw would look great on you! and it WILL grow back.) or get it layered more to blend it in. (If you were willing to go SHORTER I would say leave the longest layer alone or trim it a little, and layer the top more, maybe adding long side bangs!)

If it makes you feel any better, that's kind of a longer version of the cut a stylist gave me a while back- I thought it looked awful, a lot of people thought it looked good. I had more layers though. :)

Fufu
March 2nd, 2011, 08:35 PM
After I look at ur picture again, leave it alone and dont look for a hairstylist too. Your new hairstyle kinda grows on me now. I always admire people who can take on creative and unconventional hairstyle and I like the look of the drastic length differences in front. In future if u want ur hair to be all the same length and blunt, the shorter lengths will catch up. Example once ur longer length reach waist, just maintain it there and the shorter length will grow and catch up.

share801
March 2nd, 2011, 08:48 PM
Honestly, I don't care for it. But it is not my hair.And if you like it, then who else matters? You can't please everyone, so it is most important to please yourself.

I would suggest you live with it for a week or two before you do anything either way though. Too easy to get carried away trying to "fix" things.

Smile4Kiki
March 2nd, 2011, 08:49 PM
Personally, I would wear it up for a while (maybe a month or two) and slowly begin to trim the longer layer while leaving the top layer alone or only S&D. This allows for the versatility of different updos with the length but still working towards accomplishing your goal of blunt ends. And who knows after it grows for a few months it may start to blend itself since hair grows at different speeds. But honestly from the back it doesn't look that bad, you can definitely pull off some half-ups if you want to wear it somewhat down.

Blueglass
March 2nd, 2011, 08:54 PM
I think that the edges on the middle layer are too blunt. I think that if the hair was cut vertically
instead of horizontal it would be more blended. I think a competent hairdresser would be best, if you want to blend it.

christine1989
March 2nd, 2011, 08:59 PM
I'll admit I've never seen anything quite like it but its not horrible by any means. Even with layers and two different lengths your hair still looks quite thick. It might be eaiser to grow out this way if you want to get rid of layers for good....even if it does look a bit unusual in the meantime.

UltraBella
March 2nd, 2011, 09:51 PM
You asked for honest, so I will be.
I think it looks pretty weird and I don't like it. However, I am going to go against what many have recommending and say do NOT ask a stylist the blend your top "chunks" into the bottom. Why ? Because you have too much bulk in the top area that you cut shorter. It's not going to blend and your longest lengths will look much too thin. Either live with it, or cut it all to the shortest length. I would cut it, I would not leave it the way it is.

I also think the suggestion to go to a stylist and blame it on another stylist, is rediculous. Contrary to popular belief, many of us are not morons, and we definitely can tell when you cut your own hair. Making a mistake while cutting your own hair is forgivable, blatantly lying will get you no where and make YOU look like the moron.

et--cetera
March 2nd, 2011, 09:53 PM
looks positively divine to me, if my hair was that long I would want that style.

spidermom
March 2nd, 2011, 09:57 PM
I don't like it either, but it's not my hair, so I don't have to. A former roommate did something similar several years ago. She decided that she wanted 3 layers, and that's what she cut - 3 blunt layers, like steps. It looked very strange but she thought it was cool. She caught so much flak for it that she ended up going to a stylist and getting a bob at the shortest layer.

Demetrue
March 2nd, 2011, 10:01 PM
I would wear the longer layer back in a ponytail or braid while letting the shorter layer hang loose in front - kind of like an anime look. I would trim one inch off the longest layer each month - that way you would still be growing it all out, but the difference in steps would get less and less with each passing month/trim.

lapushka
March 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
It does look like you cut most of your hair shorter. Looks odd to me. Except, the second series of pictures you posted doesn't make it seem so bad. If it were me, I'd either wear it up all the time, or have it cut to the shortest layer. I'm sorry to say... it looks like you just randomly cut into your hair. Were you going for blunt short layers, because if you were, then... no, IDK it still looks odd to me.

2peasinapod
March 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
I don't think it looks that bad. It certainly goes against the trend of blended layers, but that's not a bad thing in of itself. I think it looks chunky and artistic and a bit funky. If you like it, keep it. If you don't, then maybe you should cut the length so that the layers are bit more even in length so it looks less drastic, but I really think you're fine.

If you're planning to cut anyway, you may as well have fun with it. :cool:

sunnyhope
March 3rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
I haven't read all the pages yet but I will advice you to please stop cutting your hair anymore at all.
Please do go to a qualified hairdresser and ask them to either blend the layers for you or cut it one length at the shortest length.
I usually never say something like this to people in here but it really looks terrible and very weird.
I do apologize for being so blunt but you did ask.

BTW I am a qualified womans hairdresser too

selenechiba
March 3rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
Our hair is almost identical, and it might be because I'm used to seeing something similar everyday, but I think it looks fine. :shrug: If it bothers you or makes you feel insecure, I'd suggest wearing it up until the layers grow out. It's not horrible or odd in my view.

Deborah
March 3rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
I agree with UltraBella. I think it would look much nicer if you had it professionally cut to all one length.

thirstylocks
March 7th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Did you follow this method (http://www.wikihow.com/Layer-Cut-Your-Own-Hair)? (It's quite popular and it works that's why I'm asking.)
Maybe your cut looks kinda uneven cause you have straight hair? I have to admit it does look not like the usual layered cut but as others said in couple weeks tops it'll blend in perfectly cause hair grows unevenly.
No, I didnt! I literally took the scissors and cut straight across because I was so sick of my uneven layers!

thirstylocks
March 7th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I think it looks pretty weird and I don't like it. However, I am going to go against what many have recommending and say do NOT ask a stylist the blend your top "chunks" into the bottom. Why ? Because you have too much bulk in the top area that you cut shorter. It's not going to blend and your longest lengths will look much too thin. Either live with it, or cut it all to the shortest length. I would cut it, I would not leave it the way it is.

I also think the suggestion to go to a stylist and blame it on another stylist, is rediculous. Contrary to popular belief, many of us are not morons, and we definitely can tell when you cut your own hair. Making a mistake while cutting your own hair is forgivable, blatantly lying will get you no where and make YOU look like the moron.

LOL thanks! I wouldn't lie to them because it is pretty obvious but I definitely do NOT want to blend the layers. Thats exactly what I'm trying to avoid, you're right. I have to cut it eventually.

thirstylocks
March 7th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Do nothing. It looks fine. I understand where your at and did the same thing many years ago after living with layered hair for a long time. I think you should leave it and play with it as it is and in no time it will not even be an issue.
Thank you for saying that! I don't think a lot of people understand why I did this!

McFearless
March 7th, 2011, 05:20 PM
No, I didnt! I literally took the scissors and cut straight across because I was so sick of my uneven layers!

Exactly. Now if you get the layers blended you'd be moving backwards. Just tie your hair up and leave it alone. Please!

thirstylocks
March 7th, 2011, 05:25 PM
McFearless- Thats exactly what I plan on doing! I will cut the hair all to the short length at the end of this semester. I need to pucker up some courage till then.

monsterna
March 7th, 2011, 05:32 PM

This is what I thought, too. The shortest bits are too big to adequately blend into the longer hair. It would make the long hairs too thin looking. I'm not sure what I would do. A big chop is a hard choice, but unless you like the hair how it is, it's the only thing that could really work, imo.

jaine
March 7th, 2011, 05:39 PM
This haircut looks like it would lend itself well to dual ponytails, Dave Beckham-style (http://www.manhairstyle.org/wp-content/uploads/David-Beckham-Famous-man-long-hair-style-228x300.jpg) ... or along the same lines, dual braids, dual buns, etc.

fairystar32
March 7th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I would personally let it grow and wear it up, it doesnt look that bad on your lower pictures when its all down together.
then get it cut when your ready :)

princessp
March 7th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I like it when your hair is wavy it's really kind of cool, but not so much with straight hair. I'm not sure why that is.

Lianna
March 7th, 2011, 06:13 PM
You would lose so much length if you wait to cut at the chunky layer later. I don't think that's needed...a little thinning of that layer you made would make things wonderful again (you don't need to make new layers), and you could keep your long hair!

Arya
March 7th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Honestly?
I don't think it looks that bad. I think it looks kinda cool. Sorta hime/anime style, ya know? Actually reminds me of the Time Witch from XXX-Holic (completely safe for work, I promise)
http://www.thatanimeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/xxxholic.jpg

I think you should take this opportunity to get a cool, multilayered cut. I bet a hairstylist could take the idea you started with and make something really cool.

I really can't go with the 'oh just wait to grow it out and look weird in the meantime' crowd. I hate hating my hair. It makes the growing out process unneccessarily painful.

Why not get a more layered look? Japanese girls do it all the time. That way you could actually enjoy your hair while you grow the layers out. They often have long thin under layers and shorter layers.
Like dis!
http://www.hairbros.jp/file/30/img_0046_1.jpg

http://garu-sol33.sakura.ne.jp/sblo_files/hiro001/image/hiro001-2009-09-10T17:03:17-1.jpg

http://garu-sol33.sakura.ne.jp/sblo_files/hiro001/image/hiro001-2009-09-10T16:59:40-1.jpg

So those are my suggestions. Have a hair dresser give you a really cool, tiered look, or layer it out! If you get a tiered look, then you can still always cut to your shortest layer when it's reached a longer length. I wouldn't stick with oddly cut hair for a few months, but that's just me.

Fufu
March 7th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I'm with Arya. A sight trim layering your hair can make your hair looks very anime and hime looking if you like this kind of hairstyles

McFearless
March 7th, 2011, 09:51 PM
McFearless- Thats exactly what I plan on doing! I will cut the hair all to the short length at the end of this semester. I need to pucker up some courage till then.

Yay!:D *this message is too short*

dropinthebucket
March 8th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Did you cut just the front hair? Not sure from the pictures if the short layer you cut is just at the front, or all around. If all around, I would agree with others who have suggested cutting to closer to one length, maybe with a few layers to even things but keep a bit of length. If just at the front, I think it just needs a tiny bit of lessening of the blunt-ness.

I have exactly this, two sections at the front with layers from chin down to collarbone. Face-Framing Layers, LOL. The rest of the hair is BSL, no layers, so I don't have that annoyance to deal with (though I do like the look of layers on other people). I cut them in myself using a ruler held at an angle (gradient), and really like them. They look kinda like feathered sections around the face and blend in well when back against the rest of the hair. Maybe this is another option for you, as well? I find it a lot easier to deal with layers when they are just at the front, not all over, plus it softens my updos to have some short wispies down around the face.

thirstylocks
March 22nd, 2011, 01:46 AM
Hate to bump up this thread but I didn't know where else to post! I've been busy with midterms and I stopped taking care of myself and my hair as I'm supposed to. I've realized that my hair may be long but its so not worth caring for it if I'm going to chop it all off anyway. I've been planning to cut off the hair slowly to get rid of the bleached hairs but I think I won't ever get the chance to have short hair again ... because once I have long and healthy hair, i definetely will not cut it short.

Point is, I'm cutting off 6-7 inches this friday and making it all even! I'll put up pics.

Toadstool
March 22nd, 2011, 02:49 AM
That's great if you want a short cut, but the other thing I thought of was if the top layers are too thick, can't you just thin them and do a cool neo-mullet? Obviously I don't know your style. And equally I understand the urge to cut because I have short hair! Did you enjoy having short hair before? Or did you only enjoy it when you bleached it? I ask because I cut all the damage off mine into a pixie, and then only liked when I bleached it again!

Deborah
March 22nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Point is, I'm cutting off 6-7 inches this Friday and making it all even! I'll put up pics.

Good for you! I think it will look much prettier all one length, and it should be easier to care for too.

spidermom
March 22nd, 2011, 12:15 PM
Outstanding! I'll be looking out for photos.

ElusiveMuse
March 22nd, 2011, 01:21 PM
You are so pretty! I bet you will look lovely with a hair cut and then you can grow out your hair without having to worry about weird layers and such.

thirstylocks
March 25th, 2011, 10:52 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/28iaqeb.jpg
IT HAS BEEN DONE...with mucho disapproval from my long hairred best friend

RitaCeleste
March 25th, 2011, 11:14 PM
It looks nice! Don't worry, it'll grow back. And you're back to healthy hair and a blunt hemline already. Hair needs to make you happy. More isn't always better. Sometimes we just need to like it while its getting there.

Tressie
March 25th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I like it actually! I wouldn't cut my length off. Just my two cents! (o:

meumar
March 26th, 2011, 10:27 PM
It looks great at the shorter length - I like it!

Smile4Kiki
March 26th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Looks great! and still longish (atleast not above shoulders). I think it's still longer than mine plus blunt hemline. I think you made the right choice :flower:

Debra83
March 26th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I think you did the best thing, now you can enjoy while you grow!!! (hide the scissors though!)

Speedbump
March 27th, 2011, 12:34 AM
You could either rock the, ahem, ;) very unusual cut without shame, or put it up and forget about it until your short layer reaches the length you want to be at for continued growing. Either way, don't worry about it. You would not BELIEVE some of the self-cuts I gave myself sometimes way back in the day. :lol:

lindaton
March 27th, 2011, 12:40 AM
It looks so healthy and thick. And you are such a cutie. By the end of the summer it will be down to bsl or more with the thick hemline. You are a brave girl.

Linda

McFearless
March 27th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I love it! When you think about it, why bother wasting oils and conditioner on hair you plan on getting rid of anyway? Smart choice!

Arty
March 27th, 2011, 09:49 PM
It looks really good with the blunt hemline! Happy growing :)

AnqeIicDemise
March 27th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Personally, I like it. It kind of reminds me of those wild Anime hairstyles where the character has a bob with a long layer of dramatic length. I don't know if that's the look you were going for, and if it is, you just have to style the top part so it has more volume, I guess.

But the wavy look is amazing too. Kind of reminds me of the beach-wave trend that is very popular in SoCal.

If you want the ends to not be so heavy and don't want it to blend with the longest layer, why not talk to a stylist and see if they can thin out the top layer so you have the blunt look without it being so heavy? I don't know if I'm making any sense, lol!

AnqeIicDemise
March 27th, 2011, 09:55 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/28iaqeb.jpg
IT HAS BEEN DONE...with mucho disapproval from my long hairred best friend

Oh man. was I late to the punch.

It looks nice, though. ^-^ And now, the journey for long, healthy hair has begun, yes?

Fufu
March 28th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Nice hair cut :) Both and After, I like both of them :) Enjoy your growing journey.

Florida Mom
March 28th, 2011, 12:03 PM
The new cut looks great on you! And now you can grow it as you want, while being happy with it! :cheese:

spidermom
March 28th, 2011, 12:26 PM
All right! The new cut looks good.