PDA

View Full Version : Recovering... and HUGE Thankyous!

katienoonan
March 1st, 2011, 02:01 PM
I spent a year not eating much atall... 200cals a day, at most. I would wash my hair in the shower and while rinsing out conditioner my hands would be covered in hair... My plughole blocked everytime...

Today I bought 200gms of Mixed nuts (Brazil nuts, Walnuts, Halmonds etc) .... And at the entire bag in one sitting! :shocked: :happydance:

I love these forums, I used to go on other, very damaging websites, that nurtured my eating disorder. But the first thing i thought when i reached the bottom of the bag of mixed nuts was "Well... This should keep my hair happy for a few days! :p"

I just want to say... THANKYOU to everyone on here. For being so helpful, Friendly, welcoming, Sensible and above all - supportive.

I find my recovery and attitude improving almost everytime i come on here, and my body has never felt so grateful. :crush: :cheese:

1hunky5monkeys
March 1st, 2011, 02:03 PM
Congrats! I'm so happy for you! :grouphug:

spoonshine
March 1st, 2011, 02:08 PM
Hurray for mixed nuts and support! :grouphug:

gypsymoth
March 1st, 2011, 02:13 PM
I am truly SO glad and happy for you. Your post made me smile :)

katienoonan
March 1st, 2011, 02:24 PM
I really beleive my recovery wouldn't have been so cemented without this website... I know that sounds like a vast over-statement... But it took months for me to just eat meat again...

And then within a few months of browsing the forums and then a week of joining here i have been eating meat AS WELL AS oils, butters, milk, cheese, eggs... Anything... but not OVER-eating... just healthy eating...

My hair, my skin, my nails... my happiness... everything is a million times better than i ever dreamt it could be.. I even directed a few girls i knew from the other forums who were heartbroken over hair-loss and shedding.. I really hope they feel the same as I do... The dynamic is just so much better here.

Kumiko033
March 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
I hope you realize that your body indeed needs this what you are eating now!
your hair and nails will be thankfull so if you ever fail to eat, ever again.
Simply think about what you try to reach, your hair can't grow if you are not taking anything.

Good luck in recovering, I wish you a lot of strength girl!

Rocket22
March 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Im sooo happy for you Katienoonan!!! yes you have to eat to be healthy!!!! your body needs that to survive or else it will take it out of areas you don't want it too. I don't know much about eating disorders except for what I see on tv and it can consume your life and you don't see what the world sees and too thin is just not pretty or healthy.

nucleardelusion
March 1st, 2011, 03:00 PM
I am truly SO glad and happy for you. Your post made me smile :)

This! I'm glad your quest for long, pretty hair could help in bigger areas in your life. :cheese:

lapushka
March 1st, 2011, 04:43 PM
I'm so happy for you! :thumbsup:

jenjen10
March 1st, 2011, 05:21 PM
I am so happy to hear that you have made such good progress... as someone who struggled with anorexia and bulimia for quite a few years when I was younger, I truly understand what a battle it is. It was one of the hardest things I have ever overcome and I am glad to hear that you are winning the battle. Feel free to pm me if you ever need to talk or support. :)

scorpio_rising
March 1st, 2011, 05:43 PM
This makes my heart so happy.
I'm so glad you're here. :)

Nae
March 1st, 2011, 05:44 PM
I am glad that you are doing better. If we had anything to do with it that is wonderful. Healthy bodies=healthy hair!! And you know how we feel about healthy hair around here lol!

Cirafly24
March 1st, 2011, 06:26 PM
That's wonderful! We're so glad to have you here :flowers:

HintOfMint
March 1st, 2011, 06:55 PM
Mazel tov! Yes, it's a great place here, isn't it?

islandboo
March 1st, 2011, 06:59 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad you found what you needed here:D

wvgemini
March 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM
As another who struggled with anorexia in my teens I say congrats!!! :) :) :) And you can find the biggest support in the most unexpected places.

Nera
March 2nd, 2011, 05:41 AM
I'm really happy for you! That's all I have to say! Try to keep up the good progress, and share your things if you need a small boost!

sweetiepie
March 2nd, 2011, 05:52 AM
I am happy for you! Keep it up!

brickworld13
March 2nd, 2011, 05:53 AM
:grouphug: Congratulations! I'm glad you are recovering. I had to relearn all about healthy foods in the last year, and know that it is tough to change your entire outlook on food. Keep up the good work! :)

Intransigentia
March 2nd, 2011, 10:40 AM
Good on you! Here's to many many more years of healthy eating and happy hair!

I don't have an eating disorder, but LHC has been really good for my mental health as well. I have chronic, recurring depression, and one of the things that starts and perpetuates the downward spiral for me is when my personal hygeine starts to go. Becoming hair-obsessed has meant that even when I feel awful, I'll still do something for my hair. And if I'm doing stuff for my hair anyway, I may as well clean the rest of me. It's a big step forward.

spitfire511
March 2nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
Wishing you more congrats! I'm one more who struggled with an eating disorder in my younger years (and still struggle with body image sometimes) so this makes my heart so happy to read!

Keep taking great care of your body (and hair!!) :D

katienoonan
March 2nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
Everyone has been so Kind.. It's incredible how many women suffer from this... I think most people have suffered with some issue with eating.. Disordered eating or a disfunctional attitude to food and nourishment is such an easy thing to fall into during times of depression, stress, anxiety and heartache... I'm just so glad i'm not alone on here :-)

Red_Wednesday
March 2nd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Awww! You sound like such a sweetheart:heart:. It's so good to hear that things are getting better for you. I've never had an eating disorder, but I do have A LOT of personal issues going on in my life right now - from my children to my finances:(. Being on this board has helped me a lot as well - it's my own little personal escape:). Take care and keep up the good eating!!

Anywhere
March 2nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
This post made me smile. Good job on recovering from your disorder. :thumbsup: :grouphug: