PDA

View Full Version : Behold, LHC, I cut my hair

sweetiepie
March 1st, 2011, 12:14 PM
Thank you everyone who contributed to this thread I reached my goal length and want to cut (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66319) - everyone's opinion was taken to heart and considered carefully. I cut my hair in the end. What got me thinking real serious about cutting was the idea you guys gave me that maybe long hair is not for me. I used to think long hair is for EVERYONE, DUH. I realized that my hair is never gonna be the kind of hair I like and the kind of curly style that I DO like is short, flowing, and weightless so I went for it.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7367&pictureid=97217
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7367&pictureid=97216

I don't know if I'm gonna regret it two weeks from now but it actually got me go all extatic and happy and giggly and remembering all the hate I had for the 'short hair is liberating' I must confess the thought that crossed my mind first was freedom! :D

I continue to enjoy the beauty of everyone's long enviable hair from the side now, I guess.

LotusFIre
March 1st, 2011, 12:17 PM
AW, sorry it didn't work out for you! After all that growing :(
But you never know til you try, and it looks super cute the way it is!

mkmulwee
March 1st, 2011, 12:18 PM
It looks amazing!!!:)

sweetiepie
March 1st, 2011, 12:20 PM
Don't be sorry, LotusFire, I know I am not - it only adds up to the joy of not needing to 'grow' it anymore))) That's one plus, and besides it was fun hanging at LHC with you guys))))))))

sweetiepie
March 1st, 2011, 12:21 PM
and it looks super cute the way it is!

It looks amazing!!!:)
Thaaaanks))) Extrapleasure to hear that from LHC members :D

Rocket22
March 1st, 2011, 12:37 PM
Good for you!!!! I absolutely love love long hair for ME but hey it's not for everyone and frankly most my friends hate my long hair...but oh well I do what I love and so should everyone else!

sweetiepie
March 1st, 2011, 12:46 PM
Rocket22, your hair in your signature looks gorgeous!! My situation was the same - everyone wanted me do the opposite of what I want))) Meaning they wanted me to keep the hair :D

Intransigentia
March 1st, 2011, 12:49 PM
I don't know what your hair looked like before, but those light, soft, bouncy curls you've got now, look adorable!

sweetiepie
March 1st, 2011, 12:56 PM
I don't know what your hair looked like before, but those light, soft, bouncy curls you've got now, look adorable!
Thaaaaaaaanks. It looked the same when I didn't comb it so if you are a long hair fan you'd probably love it but hey I have zero split ends now and that breaking!! :D

lapushka
March 1st, 2011, 12:58 PM
I agree, it looks cute, and it's adorable!

jujube
March 1st, 2011, 12:59 PM
It looks very nice. I love the look of short hair, but what I don't like about it is not being able to tie it up on a bad hair day. Hopefully this won't be an issue for you.

SpinDance
March 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Very cute, and if long wasn't to your liking, cutting was the right decision for you. Besides, if you decide to grow it out again, you know how and how to care for it already. There is no more reason for everyone to long hair than there is for everyone to have short hair It's all what works for you! Glad you're happy with your new do!

scorpio_rising
March 1st, 2011, 01:03 PM
I love it!
I would love to have curls like that! Super cute!

Anywhere
March 1st, 2011, 01:14 PM
I think its a nice cut. I'm glad you did what made you happy instead of sticking with what didn't. :)

pixistixx
March 1st, 2011, 01:16 PM
I love it! it looks adorable, actually, this is the exact look I was going for when I put rag curls in last night.. you are so lucky to have hair that does this naturally :)

Rowanne
March 1st, 2011, 01:22 PM
My biggest woe with short hair was flatness but I don't think it's an issue with curls, doesn't seem to at least. I think your haircut looks just lovely. You have amazing colour and texture. If you're happy with your choice - and you sound like you are - then that's all that matters.

Besides it's just hair you've cut, not your arm or leg. Like SpinDance said, it'll grow back if you ever happen to change your mind.

Lollipop
March 1st, 2011, 01:56 PM
Good for you! I actually cut off a lot of hair (was at waist streched and after two cuts I was at chin) last summer, and I loved it! It was light, and bouncy, and i love the way it felt against my skin. The only problem was when I looked in the mirror, I felt ridiculous. I do NOT look good with short hair. I am really funny looking :o. I think that is the only thing that made me committ to long hair (I love it, but I don't think I would have the patience if short hair suited me).

The point is if it makes you happy, go with it :cheese:

jasper
March 1st, 2011, 04:20 PM
That is a nice cut. And I am glad you are are enjoying your hair.

WickedLady
March 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM
I love it! it looks adorable, actually, this is the exact look I was going for when I put rag curls in last night.. you are so lucky to have hair that does this naturally :)

Rag curls?

Dragon
March 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM
I am glad you are happy with it :) I think it looks good and I like your curls.

cinemax
March 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM
Your hair looks so good. It looks healthy, shiny and FUN!!!!!

Kaeita
March 1st, 2011, 07:11 PM
It looks great! (It's actually about how my hair looks when I scrunch it, but it looks much better on you!)

Fufu
March 1st, 2011, 11:56 PM
Your new hairstyle look great.

jlw9222
March 2nd, 2011, 12:02 AM
Fantastic cut...it looks super fun and festive. It looks like you may have made the perfect choice for you. Enjoy!! :)

Rowanne
March 2nd, 2011, 01:35 AM
Rag curls?

They're curls made with strips of fabric.

Instructions on how to do them can be found here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66335), here (http://vixenvintage.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-to-do-rag-curls.html) and here (www.ehow.com/how_4661581_do-rag-curls.html).

Nera
March 2nd, 2011, 05:39 AM
Yeah! That looks so nice! Sometimes I miss my short lockies too.. It's just so nice to let them flow like that!

sweetiepie
March 2nd, 2011, 06:04 AM
what I don't like about it is not being able to tie it up on a bad hair day. Hopefully this won't be an issue for you.
Nope - I can make a ponytail with what I got for one and also, thanks to LHC, I now figured out how to use bobby pins and I am pretty sure I can make an updo (with those curls you can never tell what kind of updo is that anyway :D).

My biggest woe with short hair was flatness but I don't think it's an issue with curls, doesn't seem to at least.
Hahahaha))) NOOO. Actually, the issue with short curly hair is to keep it tamed :D But LHC taught me to do that, so

Your hair looks so good. It looks healthy, shiny and FUN!!!!!
EXACTLY! The very idea of short curly hair screaming FUN at everyone was the reason I braved to go for it!

Fantastic cut...it looks super fun and festive.
Aww, guys! Second mention of fun)))) I am extremely thankful for all of you guys saying the hair looks great but when the particular fun is mentioned, I know I got what I bargained for:)

Intransigentia
March 2nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
The fact taht you can still ponytail or put it up makes it seem to me that you got the best of both worlds!

virgo75
March 2nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
The haircut looks great!
Your hair looks very healthy and the curls on that length are so cute and fun! :)

I also love the "Behold" in the title. :lol:

ktani
March 2nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
I think your new length looks great and versatile. Your curls look flowing, healthy and awesome to me. Enjoy!